• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
New York State Police say a Tioga County father is charged with the murder of his eight-month-old daughter.

According to police, Tioga County 911 Dispatch received a call at 7:14 a.m. Sunday to check on the welfare of the child, Ruby Franciscovich, who was missing from the Deep Well Motel in the town of Tioga, where her family lives.

Authorities say troopers learned Ruby was last seen at the motel with her father, 25-year-old Cody Franciscovich. Shortly before 8 a.m., police say they received another call about a man, who police say was Franciscovich, naked on Route 17C near the hotel, and took him into custody.

Police say when they asked Cody about Ruby’s whereabouts, he directed them to a pond behind St. Patrick’s Cemetery. Responding troopers found Ruby face down in the pond about 25 feet from the shore, according to police.

Officials say a trooper went into the pond and grabbed Ruby and initiated CPR. Owego Ambulance was called to bring the infant to Wilson Hospital in Johnson City where she was pronounced dead.

Court records obtained Wednesday by the Press & Sun-Bulletin/pressconnects.com shed light on allegations surrounding the homicide: The records say Franciscovich allegedly committed the crimes of first-degree rape and first-degree criminal sexual act before killing his 8-month-old daughter.

Last edited:
A grand jury's indictment accuses a Tioga County father of acting with "depraved indifference" to human life in the murder of his 8-month-old daughter at a cemetery.

Cody Franciscovich, 25, has been indicted in Tioga County Court on two felony counts of second-degree murder in connection with the killing of his 8-month-old baby Ruby, whose body was found June 9 by New York State Police in a pond behind St. Patrick's Cemetery in the Town of Tioga.

Franciscovich acted "under circumstances evincing a depraved indifference to human life," the July 16 indictment accuses, when he engaged in reckless conduct that created a grave risk of serious injury or death to his child.

The indictment downgraded Franciscovich's original first-degree murder charge, which had accused him of sexually assaulting Ruby before killing her and could have meant a life-in-prison sentence if convicted. Franciscovich has not been charged with any sex crimes.

The rage after reading this leaves me breathless! I just don't get it.even other mammals, cats and dogs, will respond to another infant mammal with tenderness and concern. How is society producing these sick and depraved soulless beings? I am not a violent person by any means, yet I know that I could personally torture this creature!

View attachment 18863View attachment 18864

Nice mug shot, ass hat .. :asshat:

I wonder how Mr. Tough Guy's going to fare in jail?

General population with a broken broomstick would be a good start,he needs to be locked away Permanently.

Cody Franciscovich pleaded guilty to manslaughter for the murder of his 8-month-old daughter, Ruby.

By pleading guilty to manslaughter, Martin says Franciscovich agreed to withdraw his insanity plea. He also waived his right to appeal and admitted to “acting with the intent to cause serious physical injury to Ruby and caused her death”.

Franciscovich will be sentenced to 25 years in state prison with five years of post-release supervision, the maximum allowed under state law.

Franciscovich was originally charged with murder; however, according to Tioga County District Attorney Kirk Martin, Franciscovich had raised “defenses of intoxication due to his taking LSD the night before, and that he was suffering from delusions and a mental disease or defect at the time he killed his daughter”.

“If successful, those defenses would have limited his criminal exposure under New York State law,” Martin says.
By pleading guilty to manslaughter, Martin says Franciscovich agreed to withdraw his insanity plea. He also waived his right to appeal and admitted to “acting with the intent to cause serious physical injury to Ruby and caused her death”.

I guess they dropped the sexual abuse charge as well :(

FRANCISCOVICH, CODY A​

Custody Status:​

IN CUSTODY

Crime​

MANSLAUGHTER 1ST​

Aggregate Minimum Sentence​

0 Years, 0 Months, 0 Days

Aggregate Maximum Sentence​

25 Years, 0 Months, 0 Days

Earliest Release Date​

11/06/2040