• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An 8-month-old Bronx girl is clinging to life after nearly drowning when her mom left her alone in a bathtub with the water running, officials said Thursday.

Medics were called to the Murphy Houses about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and found the tot on the living room floor next to her panicked 23-year-old mom, cops said

The mom told first responders she put her daughter into the tub and then left her alone for a “couple of minutes” with the water running.

When she returned the baby was face down in the bathwater, she told police.

The panicked mom pulled the baby from the tub and brought her into the living room, where she called 911 and tried to revive the infant.

When medics arrived the infant had a pulse but her breathing was shallow, officials said. Medics rushed her to Montefiore Medical Center where she remained in critical condition Thursday.

Police have questioned the mom but no charges have been filed.

Is it sad that after reading that I felt...relived that this may actually be an accident? I mean stupid, but I have severe adhd and have to set a repeating 20 minute timer/alarm otherwise I burn dinner, forget to turn the hose off, sometimes I forget to eat. I mean not that this is okay, but I can empathize some. With my history, babies in the bath has always been top of mind.

BTW what I was saying is When those situations come up like, leave the kid in the bath while I grab a towel, or leave them unattended while I do (something) real quick, that I just don’t do it, because there’s always that little chance I could get distracted. I have terrible perception of time and have gotten up to grab a glass of water and ended up spending an hour cleaning half the house on my way to the kitchen. ...and then sit down and realize I still don’t have the glass of water that I got up to get.

An 8-month-old Bronx girl hospitalized after nearly drowning in a bathtub has died and her death has been deemed a homicide, officials said Tuesday.

Little Amelie Belle Perez succumbed to her injuries at Montefiore Children’s Hospital on July 15, police said.

She was rushed there in critical condition after her mother found her facedown in the tub with the water running in the family’s NYCHA apartment on July 3.

“You’re really going to come here and ask me about my daughter?” the baby’s 23-year-old mother, Emily Ramirez, asked the Daily News Tuesday. “So you can put it in the news?"

“I don’t want to talk about it,” she added before closing the door to her apartment.

Police have questioned Ramirez, but as of Tuesday no charges have been filed in the baby’s death. The NYPD’s Special Victims Child Abuse Squad is investigating.

Cops say Ramirez admitted to them she had left the infant in the tub for “a couple of minutes” with the water running. When she returned the baby was facedown in the bathwater, she told police.

Medics found the tot on the living room floor next to her panicked mother, cops said.

A 23-year-old Bronx mom was charged with criminally negligent homicide in the death of her 8-month-old daughter, police said Tuesday.

The baby was found unconscious and unresponsive in a bathtub in the Murphy Houses on Vyse Avenue on July 3, officials said. She was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. The baby girl died on July 15.

Emily Ramirez was also charged with acting in a manner injurious to a child following her arrest.

Back