• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1565457685296.png

Why do I assume this lady is related to @Satanica ?

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Distraught by a snake targeting her beloved backyard birds and squirrels, an 89-year-old woman took matters into her own hands, killing the 6-foot-long serpent with a hammer to its head.

Garlene Eiceman had been noticing birds were missing from one of her feeders at her Tallahassee woman and that no other birds were returning. She initially thought there was something wrong with the feed she was using, but after a visit to a pet stores, she learned the feed was fine.

About three weeks ago, Eiceman looked on in horror when she saw a snake slither out of a bird box where she'd been watching a nest of three baby blue birds be tended by their parents.

The snake's throat had a tell-tale bulge.

"I started crying, I didn’t know what to do," said Eiceman, a great-grandmother of six and a grandmother of six, who goes by the nickname Grandma Bunny. "The snake went down and up a wooden flower box and it went out of sight. After that all the birds disappeared.”

She removed all the places a snake could hide, including all the bird houses. Eventually she spotted the snake. As soon as she did she ran and grabbed a hammer and a twig.

“He would go thin and wiggle out from under the twig, I would run after him and finally I turned my hammer sideways and I got him good,” she said. "I was so angry with that snake."

Last edited by a moderator:
FTA (emphasis mine and edited for clarity) - "...noticing birds were missing from one of her feeders... and that no other birds were returning."

Danger Noodles sure do love hanging around where the easy food is.

But hats off to granny, that's a serious, stay-the-fuck-away-at-all-costs nope rope

Last edited:
The copper head is an beautiful native snake species. Their venom is the least potent and anti-venom is generally not administered because the risk of allergic reaction to the anti-venom is high.
Did you know they use their tails has lores to catch frogs?
This copper head didn’t deserve to be killed because he was eating birds. That’s what they do.
Post automatically merged:

I like snakes but Florida is lousy with them. Especially the pythons.
Pythons are not native and need to be removed.

That is a copperhead...and will do it's best to kill you on site

It's not a copperhead. Copperheads have different patterns, only grow to about 3' and they can't climb.

This is a rat snake.

The copper head is an beautiful native snake species. Their venom is the least potent and anti-venom is generally not administered because the risk of allergic reaction to the anti-venom is high.
Did you know they use their tails has lores to catch frogs?
This copper head didn’t deserve to be killed because he was eating birds. That’s what they do.

Pythons are not native and need to be removed.

It's not a copperhead. It's a totally harmless rat snake.

Well, we did kill two rat snakes that invaded our duck coop back when we had the ducks. The snakes were all "love this great new take-out restaurant, yo!" With a big field only a couple hundred feet away, my area wasn't exactly going to run out of snakes so didn't feel too bad about it. Hey, they should've stuck to rats! Oddly enough, the ducks didn't seem too bothered that there were snakes in their "restaurant".

If a cat was eating the birds instead of a snake, there would be a lot more bad words in this thread.
Maybe true, but all life doesn't hold equal value so it's really a moot point. Bugs do not have the same value as humans, and people don't generally equate cat lives with snake lives. Why?

a) snakes are not domesticated and therefore do not share the same compatibility with humans
b) snakes are not mammals and therefore do not share the same intelligence or emotional capacity typically attributed to our mammalian kin
c) snakes are a commonly regarded danger to adult humans, and many are fully capable of killing humans. Therefore rather than being mutually beneficial, as with the relationship between humans and domestic animals, the existence of humans and snakes is often incompatible.
d) humans and many other animals are hardwired with a fear of snakes, probably due to the fact that some of them can kill you.

So gtfoh with your snake-cat false equivalency crap lol

Well, we did kill two rat snakes that invaded our duck coop back when we had the ducks. The snakes were all "love this great new take-out restaurant, yo!" With a big field only a couple hundred feet away, my area wasn't exactly going to run out of snakes so didn't feel too bad about it. Hey, they should've stuck to rats! Oddly enough, the ducks didn't seem too bothered that there were snakes in their "restaurant".
Me reading:
You used to own a restaurant next to a big field where snakes came to eat your rats, but that's cool cus you don't want rats in your restaurant, right? But wait, there are ducks at the restaurant? Wait, is it a restaurant that serves a lot of duck? No, the ducks are alive. Why this restaurant just have a bunch of ducks in the kitchen? What about the rats?
*Rereads line*
No, the ducks were definitely live ducks. You had ducks and rats in the kitchen? The fuck kinda restaurant is this?
*Goes back to the beginning to reread the whole thing*

Last edited:
[
Maybe true, but all life doesn't hold equal value so it's really a moot point. Bugs do not have the same value as humans, and people don't generally equate cat lives with snake lives. Why?

a) snakes are not domesticated and therefore do not share the same compatibility with humans
b) snakes are not mammals and therefore do not share the same intelligence or emotional capacity typically attributed to our mammalian kin
c) snakes are a commonly regarded danger to adult humans, and many are fully capable of killing humans. Therefore rather than being mutually beneficial, as with the relationship between humans and domestic animals, the existence of humans and snakes is often incompatible.
d) humans and many other animals are hardwired with a fear of snakes, probably due to the fact that some of them can kill you.

So gtfoh with your snake-cat false equivalency crap lol
a) I don't give a fuck about snakes or cats.
b)I don't give a fuck about snakes or cats
c) still don't give a fuck
D) don't give a fuck

Gtfoh with your trying to read waaaayyyy more into something so you can have an excuse to bust out knowledge that is so mundanely common to anyone and everyone, yet still makes you feel all big brained because you know a snake isn't a cat.

"Attributed to our mammalian kin'" :bored: for fucks sake.

Last edited:
[

D) don't give a fuck

Gtfoh with your trying to read waaaayyyy more into something so you can have an excuse to bust out knowledge that is so mundanely common to anyone and everyone, yet still makes you feel all big brained because you know a snake isn't a cat.

"Attributed to our mammalian kin'" :bored: for fucks sake.
Can you just imagine snakes covered in cat like fur. All those fucking stickers and the poor things trying to flick them out with their forked tongues.

[

D) don't give a fuck

"Attributed to our mammalian kin'" for fucks sake.

Wow look at you being all bad ass lol. I'm not going to apologize for being interested in human behavior and what drives it. If the tongue in cheek tone of my comment was lost on you... Oh well. I'm mostly just here to talk shit about baby murderers.

ETA digging the Mitch Hedberg reference though, if that's what that was :p

Last edited:
Back