• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A woman accused in the death of a baby had a previous conviction for child abuse, court records show.

Rebecca Gail Siliven, 26, is accused of kickeing 8-month-old EmmaLee Westhoff in the head last week while watching the child at her home.

The child died a day later.

Prosecutors say Siliven used a work boot to kick the child in an effort to get her to stop crying. EmmaLee's mother had been staying with Siliven while going through a divorce.

Farmington police chief Rick Baker told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Siliven confessed that she struck the child with the heel of the boot about 8 p.m. June 21.

Court records show Siliven had a child abuse conviction in 2003 involving a 2-year-old in Pulaski County. The Springfield News-Leader reported the case happened at Fort Leonard Wood. The newspaper said Siliven kicked and stomped on the girl's legs and struck her in the face.

Siliven received a five-year probation that allowed her to have only limited contact with children and banned her from working in the child-care industry, court records show. A judge also ordered mental-health counseling and parenting classes.

EmmaLee's father, Chris Westhoff said he feared EmmaLee's life was in jeopardy if she remained with her mother and Siliven. He said he filed several complaints with the Children's Division of the Missouri Department of Social Services and tried unsuccessfully to have EmmaLee removed from his estranged wife, Tamra Westhoff.

Rebecca Gail Siliven received a life a sentence

From a 2010 appeal
Appellant told police the infant cried continuously during the trip. When they returned home, the infant was changed, fed, and put to bed, but continued to cry. Appellant's written confession states, When she didn't stop crying I turned around and kicked her in the head. I was aiming for her butt and over-kicked with the heel of my work boots. I gave her the bottle back and walked out of the room. In no way did I intend to harm this child. The infant died as a result of cranial cerebral injuries due to blunt trauma. The pathologist testified the injuries that caused the infant's death were not inflicted accidentally, but were intentional. The pathologist stated Appellant kicked the infant with force similar to an NFL football player kicking a field goal.

EmmaLee Westhoff October 11, 2004-June 22, 2005

Back