• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
At some point, when you read these stories enough, you get not only overwhelmed, but somewhat cold to the cruelty of the world. After Brianna and Peter and Rhys and all the endless tears you think that there won't be another one that makes you throw up. Well, this one did. Don't know why. Probably the autopsy photos and the fact that someone can drive around buying burgers with a dead baby (and bunch of other kids) on the backseat.

I came across this on facebook. The whole story screams out FAILURE, from each and every person in this baby's life. And I'm so sick of failure. How can all the adults, adults that are supposed to have a built-in system to protect the weaker, not see? Like you'd think that someone would have the balls to scream stop at some point.

I'm looking at my 11 month old and think how anyone can rip off that fine thin baby hair? Handful my ass. I could guess that any baby would be a crying whining handful, refusing to eat and having difficulties with coordination after regular beatings.

And, without being mean - if she was such a handful, bitch, she was not yours. You could have actually returned her, I would think.

I would love a special hurricane come down and wipe off all these disturbed people off the planet. That's all. Goodnight.

This is so heart breaking.. :( Poor baby. Fuck this whole bullshit system!!! It just keeps the cats fat and as long as you have money and know the "right" people in the "right" spot you can get away with anything!!! I don't know if there is a god but I hope this cunt suffers til her last breath!!

DCS settles suit in foster child’s death
October 13, 2012 - Chicago Sun-Times
SOUTH BEND (AP) — The Indiana Department of Child Services has settled its part of a lawsuit involving the death of a 16-month-old girl while she was in foster care.

The lawyer for Alissa B. Guernsey’s mother told the South Bend Tribune that the agency has agreed to pay $150,000 to Kelli Sprunger for its alleged role in her daughter’s March 2009 death.

DCS spokeswoman Stephanie McFarland told The Associated Press on Saturday that a settlement had been signed but the paperwork hasn’t been finalized. She says the settlement doesn’t admit any fault.

The 2010 lawsuit claims the child died from unexplained injuries after the DCS placed her with Sprunger’s cousin and her family.

Sprunger’s cousin was later convicted of neglect and served 77 days of a four-year sentence.
http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/15734173-418/dcs-settles-suit-in-foster-childs-death.html

The circumstances surrounding the case of a toddler beaten to death in 2009 by her caretaker in LaGrange County will be featured this week by a national television newsmagazine.

The Tribune has reported extensively on 16-month-old Alissa Guernsey's beating death while in the care of her mother's cousin, who a judge released from prison after serving only 77 days.

That judge, Circuit Court Judge J. Scott VanDerbeck, recused himself from the case shortly after a Tribune series last fall pointed out comments he had made about knowing the cousin's family.

But this will be the first time Alissa's story will reach a national audience -- partly spurred by a large online interest in the case.

"Inside Edition" investigative producer Charles McLravy in New York and reporter Lisa Guerrero in Los Angeles said in a telephone interview Friday they were part of a team that made several trips to Indiana to report the story.
[...]

But despite the fact VanDerbeck has recused himself from both the criminal and civil cases involving Alissa's death, experts have said Shaffer's sentence cannot be altered, and she cannot be charged with a higher crime in the baby's death because of constitutional protections against "double jeopardy."

The idea that Alissa was apparently failed by so many has not set well with an outraged online audience whose followers have consistently called and written to LaGrange County and state officials and media outlets.

The largest such site -- BabyAlissaCries4Justice with nearly 111,000 "likes" -- has witnessed dramas of its own in its year of existence but was successful in persuading "Inside Edition" to act.
[...]

"The attorney general of Indiana is saying, 'We can't open this case, it's up to the prosecutor,' and the prosecutor is saying, 'It's a double jeopardy thing,' " McLravy acknowledges. Still, "you never know how people are going to react."

Guerrero hopes that if nothing else, the report raises awareness of child abuse in communities across the country.

"So many people are going to look at this and feel passion and rage," she says. "We definitely know it will cause people to feel passionate about the issue of child abuse."
http://www.southbendtribune.com/new...ional-attention-20130513,0,5027706,full.story

WvW84ua.jpg
A mysterious note tied to a balloon drops in the middle of a corn field in Cameron.

It could have easily been mistaken for a piece of trash, but the message it carried touched hundreds of thousands of people around the world.

This is truly the kind of story you can't make up. In fact, WIS spent much of our investigation tracking down all the people involved in this case across three different states.

A message delivered by the winds was found in November by Ginger Myer Howe and her family.

The note read: "Happy birthday baby dragonfly. Alissa was murdered at 16 months old, and her killer remains free. It says baby Alissa's Iowa Army.

It didn't take long to trace that note to the Baker family in Dunlap, Iowa, and the story behind the tragic life and death of 16-month-old baby Alissa Guernsey.
[...]

Although he never met her, Baker and his family came across Alissa's story almost a year ago. On Alissa's birthday, November 2nd, his brother released the balloon. It was one of about 22- that would be found a week later in South Carolina.

WIS Meteorologist John Farley says its nearly impossible that a regular balloon would travel more than 1200 miles from Iowa to South Carolina.

"Most of the time they're going to pop fairly quickly after you release them," said Farley. "They go up, they pop and they fall down maybe 10, 15 miles away."

"In order for this balloon to have gotten here, it would have had to been under inflated, it would have to get high enough into the atmosphere that it would get caught by some very strong winds, and remember the helium is leaking, so it does this for maybe 12 hours and then it falls back to the earth," he said.

"I looked at the charts and that night there were winds in the atmosphere going more than 100 miles an hour, so you'd have to be going north of 1000 miles in 12 hours to get to something like that," said Farley.

"I will follow this case forever," said Baker. "If nothing happens, I will keep following it probably until the day I die- if its still going, which I hope its not. I hope they do find justice for her."
http://www.wistv.com/story/24337962...found-in-sc-and-message-travels-along-with-it

I have been following this story since 2010. It was starting to consume me. There was major conflict of interest, both in the court and the doctors office. Its a disaster. This meth head psycho bitch will NEVER get what she really deserves. Its just as disturbing as Brianna Lopez.

From April 2014
5295e1a1e4ea4.preview-300.jpg
Christy Shaffer, 35, of Topeka was sentenced to six years in the Indiana Department of Corrections for violating her probation from a case involving the death of a toddler in 2011.
(...)
Shaffer was arrested in November of last year on two drug-related charges (...)

Shaffer had been sentenced to 10 years in prison, with six years suspended (...) That was later reduced to time served (...) was placed on home detention for six months, and received three years probation for the toddler's death.

La Grange County Prosecutor (...) asked the court to sentence Shaffer to the remainder of the prison term originally suspended.
http://www.lagrangepublishing.com/o...obation-violation-gets-topeka-woman-six-years
allisa-guernsey-51.jpg
Baby Alissa Guernsey

What a short life in which she loses her daddy and mommy and then gets beat to death. I can not believe they can't charge her with murder. Maybe the prosecutor should be charged and spend some time in jail. I used to go crazy about this story and tell everyone I talked to about it. Most of them didn't believe me, I guess that goes to show you how absurd it really is.

And didnt they find this bitch cooking meth in her garage with her own kids home (since her kids were not taken from her after she's beat a baby to death)

Dear Allissa may you have eternal peace and love. Your beautiful soul was taken to early and justice too blind to serve you. Prayers and hugs.

Any society which kills three generations of human beings when they are helpless in the sacredness of their mother's womb wont really care about the helpless innocents after they are born. They always go easy on the female parent. Well, put a soft velvet hood on her head before you place the rope around this mothers head. That's as easy as she should have it.

Back