• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

michelle

Associated Press

MUNCIE, Ind. - A 7-year-old boy drove his grandmother's car more than a mile to a shopping mall before another motorist blocked the car and took the keys, police said.

Several motorists called police around 9 a.m. Tuesday to report a small child driving toward Muncie Mall on the city's north side. The boy was so small that some motorists could not see anyone behind the wheel, Police Chief Deborah Davis said.

"I'm kind of amazed at the whole thing," she said.
Matthew Sands of Hartford City said he followed the Geo Tracker into the mall parking lot and tried to block the boy from leaving as he drove into some bushes and a tree. Sands said the boy backed the car into his vehicle before he was able to get the keys away from him.

"He was awful small to be driving," said Sands.

Child welfare workers were called to investigate the case, Davis said. She did not immediately know whether the boy was returned to his family.

Just crazy! I'm thinking the Grandmother is legally blind and too old to remember how to drive...crazy, crazy!:wacko:

Back