• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A mother has been indicted on murder and other charges in connection with the death of her 6-year-old son more than 16 months ago.

Tiera Mounts, 29, was indicted on 33 counts, including murder for her a role in the death of Wyatt Mounts and attempts to cover up her role in the homicide.

“In addition to charging her with the murder of Wyatt, the 33-count indictment, which was filed with the common pleas court earlier this afternoon (Friday), alleges Mounts engaged in a pattern of corrupt activity to felonious assault, endangering children and the murder of Wyatt, as well as obstructing justice and tampering with evidence,” said Blue.

If convicted, Mounts will be the second person responsible for the murder of Wyatt Mounts after Blue successfully convicted Marvin Benson for the murder earlier this year.

Benson, 33, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for 15 years by Guernsey County Common Pleas Court Judge Daniel G. Padden in March.

Benson was convicted by a jury on two counts of murder for the slaying of Wyatt Mounts. He was also convicted of two counts of involuntary manslaughter, first-degree felonies; one count of endangering children, a second-degree felony; and one count of felonious assault, a second-degree felony.

At the request of defense counsel and with no objection from prosecutors, the convictions were merged in the sentencing hearing. The result was one indefinite 15-years-to-life prison sentence for Benson.

During the trial, jurors heard testimony from Cambridge police officers, Guernsey County Coroner Dr. Sandra Schubert, and Dr. Jeffrey Lee of the Licking County Coroner’s Office, as well as recorded statements from Benson himself.

Lee performed the autopsy on Wyatt Mounts after he was found dead April 16, 2018, at the home where he lived with his mother, Tiera Mounts, and Benson. Investigators reported seeing signs of severe physical abuse on the boy’s body.

In a news release from the time of Benson’s conviction, Blue said Benson confessed to Cambridge Police Detective Greg Clark that he had repeatedly kicked and thrown the child the night before (April 15), but claimed the boy seemed fine later that night.

The confession reportedly came during a preliminary interview.

Tiera Mounts kept the boy out of school April 16, due to him vomiting throughout the night. She returned home from work that day and found him dead in his bedroom, according to Blue.

On April 17, Clark attended the autopsy of the victim in Licking County. Lee discovered a tear in the victim’s bowel caused by blunt force trauma. It was determined this tear had caused the boy’s death, rather than a head injury. This evidence also matched the explanation in Benson’s confession.
1566711048101.png
1566711060380.png
1566711073361.png

Benson, 33, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for 15 years
Ok, I realize I may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but I do not understand this sentence.

“Life in prison” - I understand.

“Without parole” - I understand.

“For 15 years” - I understand.

“sentenced to life in prison without parole for 15 years” - I don’t understand.

What am I missing?

I think slow death on bug infested deserted island suits this crime.

But for real if this was a punishment, people would probably think twice about shit. Crime would go down I guarantee it.

I look at that precious face & have to use all of my strength not to cry out for this innocent child. If I even think on it for just a minute or two I can't even bear the pain thinking about what this little fella must have went thru in his short life. What could a 6-year-old possibly do to bring such hatred on him? It was probably just the fact that he was born. Surely, drugs played a role in this not that it matters. This generation is killing themselves with all of these drugs & now they are taking the younger generation with them. The anger that the drugs pull out of someone is unheard of. They sober up in a couple of days & don't even know what they've done other than the fact they are behind bars.

Benson confessed to Cambridge Police Detective Greg Clark that he had repeatedly kicked and thrown the child the night before (April 15), but claimed the boy seemed fine later that night.

Well hell, no harm, no foul then. Y'all hear that? "The boy was fine after I beat the shit out of him. I don't know what happened." Give that man a popsicle and send him on his way. Poor innocent bastard.

Ok, I realize I may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but I do not understand this sentence.

“Life in prison” - I understand.

“Without parole” - I understand.

“For 15 years” - I understand.

“sentenced to life in prison without parole for 15 years” - I don’t understand.

What am I missing?
It dumb wording. He's sentenced to life in prison, but he'll be eligible to apply for parole in 15 years. Hopefully, he'll be repeatedly denied parole.

Nearly three years after 6-year-old Wyatt Mounts died, his mother, Tierra N. (Mounts) Rockaway is scheduled to stand trial on 33 felony counts stemming from his death.

Rockaway, 30, again rejected a negotiated plea during a pretrial hearing. A 10-day jury trial will begin March 1.

She has rejected multiple negotiated plea agreements presented by prosecutors.

A plea deal rejected by Rockaway earlier this year would have resulted in a life prison sentence without parole for 18 years. If convicted of the 33 counts filed against her, she faces life in prison without parole for 96 years.

The indictment against Rockaway charges her with murder, engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, a permitting child abuse, five counts of felonious assault, five counts of endangering children, four counts of obstructing justice, and one count of tampering with evidence.

Marvin Benson's appeal of his life sentence without parole for 15 years and was denied.

A civil suit has been filed in common pleas court by Wyatt’s father, Robert M. Mounts Jr., on behalf his son's estate and next-of-kin seeking judgment against multiple defendants including Rockaway and Benson. .

She has rejected multiple negotiated plea agreements presented by prosecutors.

A plea deal rejected by Rockaway earlier this year would have resulted in a life prison sentence without parole for 18 years. If convicted of the 33 counts filed against her, she faces life in prison without parole for 96 years.

I really want this bitch to get a harsh sentence - she probably thinks she did nothing wrong and is the actual victim.

Not that I want it but it would be funny if he was the one to get out before and gets to continue living his life.

Tiera Mounts, 30, was sentenced to 20 years in prison after she pleaded no contest to four counts of endangering children in the beating death of her 6-year-old son.

Her boyfriend Marvin Benson, 34, was previously convicted of murder in the death of young victim Wyatt Mounts, and is serving a life sentence.
Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost “the thought of a mother standing by as her child is beaten to death, not intervening to save him, is an unimaginable evil,” Yost said. “Protecting what’s left of this family from renewed trauma by testifying in a public trial is the right thing to do – but this woman deserves her sentence and more, and every sleepless night of the rest of her life.”
The autopsy showed that Wyatt died from peritonitis resulting from ruptured intestines, which was caused by blunt force trauma, according to The Daily Jeffersonian. Dr. Charles Lee noted a punch or kick, as an example. Benson admitted to kicking the victim in the stomach while the boy was doing wall squats, with the wall squats being a routine punishment, cops said. Violence included kicking the 6-year-old’s feet from under him, throwing him against a radiator or space heater, throwing him again, and kicking the boy while he was down.

Investigators suggested the fatal injury happened eight to 24 hours before Wyatt died on April 16, 2018. The 6-year-old boy weighed only 35 pounds, suffered malnutrition, and had a swollen brain. Authorities said Benson also admitted to kicking Mounts out of the front door on the morning of the April 16. The boy suffered a blow to his head from the fall to the concrete, but the peritonitis was singled out as the cause of death.
As part of his failed appeal, Benson’s defense asserted the trial court improperly omitted testimony about Tiera Mounts physically abusing her son. Indeed, original charges against the mother included one count of murder, five counts of felonious assault, and 20 counts of endangering children.

Latest posts

Back