• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...hild-rescued-dead-father-facebook/2482411002/
A 6-year-old girl was rescued Thursday evening by police from a home in Mt. Morris Township after posting photos online of her father, who was found dead, and stepmother, who was unconscious.

Police were alerted to the situation by the child's grandparent, who lives in Tennessee.

Mt. Morris Township, which has a population of about 21,000, is in Genesee County.

The young child's grandparent reportedly saw the photos of the adults on Facebook, which the child posted to get help, a report from WNEM-TV in Bay City said. The grandparent alerted Mt. Morris Township police.

Officers, the report added, found the child's father dead, and the man's wife unconscious.

The cause of death is being investigated, and the woman was taken to a hospital.

It's unclear what happened or how long the child was in the home.

But, a report from WJRT-TV in Flint, quoted Mt. Morris Township Police Chief Terence Green as saying the child may have been alone with dead and unconscious parents for "at least a day."
[....]

Attachments

• overdose_home.jpg
    overdose_home.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,637
Might not have been able to get to their cell phones or didn't know the code if they were locked. Most people don't have a landline now.

Might not have been able to get to their cell phones or didn't know the code if they were locked. Most people don't have a landline now.
You dont need to unlock a cell to make an emergency call. They dont even need to have an active subscription for them. It's mandatory for both. If you look at your lock screen it should say " emergency call" somewhere. You dont even have to know what number to call, just hit the button and it dials the local emergency number.

Seeing as how it looks like they both od'd with a 6yr there, I'm going to not act too shocked they weren't great parents that taught their kid about common safety things like 911, where the fire extinguisher is, etc. Little bit of karma right there, but I feel sorry for the girl.

You dont need to unlock a cell to make an emergency call. They dont even need to have an active subscription for them. It's mandatory for both. If you look at your lock screen it should say " emergency call" somewhere. You dont even have to know what number to call, just hit the button and it dials the local emergency number.
On my phone you must swipe the little phone icon to see the emergency call notice. It wouldn't be intuitive to a 6 year old. Maybe they hadn't bothered to teach that particular skill to the child. However, she was able to unlock the phone and use the camera and facebook, so she could have dialled 911. She went with what was most familiar too her.
[...]
When police went to the house, the officer heard the little girl screaming.

Green said she told the officer that "the dog was chewing on someone's face."

The officers broke into the house, found the girl's father, who was dead, and stepmother, who had been unconsciousness for at least 24 hours. The girl, who was psychologically traumatized, had not had anything to eat for a day — maybe longer.

The child told the officers she had waken up early Thursday and thought her parents were still sleeping. She tried to get them up, too. When they didn't respond, she splashed water on their face — but they still wouldn't awake.

So she used a cell phone to take photos and post them on Facebook in hopes of getting help.

[...]
The family pit bull had chewed dad's face. Imagine grandparents getting that on facebook!!

The woman is currently at the hospital in stable condition but has serious medical issues. Investigators said she is not cooperating with police.
I bet she's not cooperating. Their evil Narcan stole her Precious.

A 6 year old cant scrounge around and find something to eat on her own? Or was the house completely empty of food?

A pit bull, police said, had been gnawing on the 40-year-old man's face.

I'm pretty sure even if she was starving to death she'd never eat after seeing that.

A 6-year-old Michigan girl who was left alone in her home was rescued after posting photos of her dead father online.
WJRT reported that the girl was left alone for up to 24 hours after her 40-year-old Mt. Morris Township father died and her stepmother was unconscious from an apparent overdose.

The father was pronounced dead Thursday night after police were called to their home. A pit bull in the home had been chewing on the deceased man's face, police told the
The 6-year-old girl reportedly woke up Thursday morning and found her parents incapacitated on a mattress. She threw water on them, but neither regained consciousness.
The girl eventually took photos of the parents and sent them to her grandparents in Tennessee using Facebook Messenger. The grandparents then alerted authorities about the grisly situation.
Mt. Morris Township Police Chief Terence Green credited the girl with saving her stepmother’s life.
“Her actions, we believe, actually saved a life,” Green told the paper. "This 6-year-old went through a traumatic event — and she saved a life."

The 36-year-old stepmother remains in the hospital.
"Thank God she was smart enough and has the intelligence to get on that phone and try to contact someone,” Green said. "She didn't ask to be put in this situation."
01/07/19
https://fox13now.com/2019/01/07/6-y...using-facebook-to-send-photos-of-dead-father/

I watched a movie a long time ago that was similar to this case. I cannot remember the name, which is odd since the movie plot & imagery struck me so deeply.

It was a surreal film about a little girl who is with her mother & father, who are both addicts. They are in a house that appears to be in the middle of a huge, empty prairie with no signs of anyone else. The mother dies of an overdose. The father becomes distraught after realizing she was dead. He sits in a chair & also overdoses trying to c a lm himself down.

The little girl continues to live with the bodies, which decompose through the film. A lot of weird imagery & events as she finds a couple other people & interacts with them.

Ah ha, found it. Tidelands.

Back