• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Yeah, we are only shown only very small shots of people in cases, as the public. Prior behavior is even analyzed with hindsight clouded by impressions. It's not always wrong but it's good to remember that we see media giving context to photos, videos, etc, and these moments we see are indisputably the worst and hopefully first time the people involved are responding to that type of thing. We judge based on what we have experienced or worse, what we think we'd act like if we experienced it. I think most extreme situations will have our gut responses, not planned pre-approved expressions we allow. Extreme emotion doesn't usually allow us to rank priority on anything other than survival in all ways, emotional, mental, & physical.

In march, a judge will decide what evidence can be used in two Tucson child murder trials.

Christopher Clements is accused of killing six-year-old Isabel Celis and 13-year-old Maribel Gonzalez.

A judge ruled last month to separate those trials at the request of Clements defense attorneys.

Now, they'll decide what evidence to allow in those trials, including cell phone tracking data.

Originally, the court planned to hold one trial for the murder of both girls because Clements led them to the remains of one near where the other was found. And his DNA was connected to the body of Maribel Gonzalez.

But defense attorneys argued Clements should be allowed to speak on his behalf in one case without opening himself up to questions about the other.
After the indictment of 36-year-old Christopher Clements for the kidnapping and murder of two young girls, we're learning more about how the case was cracked.

Based on reliable information, the location of Isabel Celis came from a tip by the FBI.

Tucson Police sent out a press release with the following information on the matter:
"In early 2017, local FBI agents were contacted about an individual by the name of Christopher Clements. They were advised that Clements possibly had information relating to the disappearance of Isabel Celis. The FBI immediately contacted the Tucson Police Department and assisted with the follow-up of that information. On March 3, 2017, after speaking with Clements, Tucson Police Investigators and FBI Agents located human remains in the area of North Trico Road and West Avra Valley Road, which is the same general area where Maribel Gonzales was located in 2014. The Tucson Police Homicide Unit was then assigned to recover the remains and to continue the investigation. Those remains were tested and positively identified as Isabel Celis. The manner of death was determined to be a homicide."
1610890388256.png
1610890396299.png

The trial is underway. It's unsettling.

Here's a couple of excerpts, but the whole testimony should be read regarding Maribel.
Keyes is a random dude, not the killer. Clements is the alleged killer. Sigh.

"On Wednesday, the first witness called by the state was 35-year-old Thomas Keyes.

Keyes, who was 26 when he met Maribel, [SHE WAS 13!] said they were just friends and claimed nothing sexual ever happened. Keyes said he had a girlfriend at the time and that his friendship with Maribel caused problems.

Keyes said he met Maribel at the Pima County Fair in 2014. Keyes said Maribel came to his home a few times, but she would often make plans and not show up.

Keyes said the two of them would sit, talk and watch TV. Maribel would spend the night, but Keyes said they never slept together.

While on the stand, Keyes admitted that he thought Maribel was attractive and said he has always liked shorter girls.

On June 3, 2014, the day Maribel disappeared, she texted Keyes to tell him she was coming over. Keyes said he wasn’t worried when she didn’t show up because it wasn’t unusual.

Keyes said he texted Maribel’s mom [at 10:58 p.m.] to let her know Maribel never showed up."

Last edited:
My mom let me do sleepovers but only at 2 houses. She preferred them to happen at our house instead.

I didn't have real boyfriends at 13 but i guess she would have let me. If I showed up with a 26 yr old man I don't know who would have gotten a beating first lol

I feel very sorry for her. I can't imagine just how uninvolved her parents were to let something like that happen knowingly.

A jury found Christopher Clements guilty in the disappearance and death of a 13-year-old girl in Tucson in 2014.

Clements, 40, was convicted by a jury Friday at Pima County Superior Court of first-degree murder of an individual under 15 years and kidnapping of an individual under 15 in the death of Maribel Gonzalez.

Gasps of relief could be heard throughout the courtroom Friday afternoon as members of law enforcement as well as Maribel's family and friends witnessed the reading of the verdict after two weeks of hearings.

Meetings to discuss a sentencing date will take place on Oct. 12.

During the trial, the prosecution showed that Clements’ cell phone was in the location where Maribel was walking as well as where her body was found the night she disappeared.

Cell towers used as eternal location tracking devices for people, basically.
The less-stupid criminals will leave cell phones at home at such times I guess

According to the Associated Press, Clements allegedly told FBI agents he had information on Celis’ whereabouts and later led them to her remains, in the hopes of getting his burglary arrest dropped.

He reportedly told authorities he wasn’t responsible for her death and only knew where her body was through talking with other inmates.

Dumb to murder kids in the first place, but also, this one is just straight-up dumb. Because, you know, this is a totally-believable reason to have this information.

Burglar, murderer of kids ...

All murderer types suck but they suck in different ways I guess. This one is, I think, such a fail, maybe one of those jailhouse suicides is in order (assuming they don't DP this worthless piece of shit) just saying.

Life—and death—in prison. That’s what Christopher Clements has to look forward to now that a judge has sentenced him to natural life in prison for the kidnaping and murder of 13-year-old Maribel Gonzalez.

Not every life sentence is the same. Some life sentences offer a chance of parole after maybe 25 or 35 years.

But Clements, sentenced for his 'natural life,' will remain locked up until he’s dead.
In addition to the natural life sentence, Marner sentenced Clements to 17 years for kidnapping Gonzalez.
Clements will face another jury in 2023 for the disappearance and death of 6-year-old Isabel Celis, who went missing from her Tucson home April 2012. Her remains weren't discovered until after Maribel's had been found.

Clements actually led investigators to Celis' remains to try to get charges dropped in his burglary case in Maricopa County. He said he had nothing to do with killing Celis, but her remains were near where Maribel was found and investigators tied Clements to both murders.

Throughout the Maribel Gonzalez case, Judge Marner and attorneys were very careful to never mention the Isabel Celis case to make sure that case did not influence the jurors.

A jury convicted Christopher Clements for the kidnapping and murder of Isabel Celis in Tucson more than a decade ago.

Clements was convicted of first-degree murder, kidnapping, and second-degree burglary for the abduction and death of 6-year-old Isabel Celis. The first trial ended with a hung jury and a mistrial last year.
Clements’ defense attorney said the conviction will be appealed.

Apr 10, 2024

Christopher Clements was sentenced to life in prison for the 2012 murder of Isabel Celis Wednesday morning.

Clements was found guilty Thursday, Feb. 29, on all counts in the murder retrial of Isabel Celis, including first-degree murder, kidnapping of a minor under 15, and second-degree burglary.
In addition to the life sentence, Clements was also sentenced to 17 years for kidnapping of a minor under 15, and three-and-a-half years for burglary, both of which will run concurrent with the life sentence.

The sentence will run consecutively with the life sentence Clements was already serving for the 2014 kidnapping and killing of 13-year-old Maribel Gonzales.

Back