• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Bronx baby sharing a bed with her 5-year-old cousin was found dead early Monday after the older child accidentally rolled over and apparently smothered her, police sources said.

Six-month-old Ziebella Thorne-Young was found unconscious inside an apartment at Butler Houses, police said.

The sleeping tot was sharing a small bed with her 5-year-old cousin when the older girl accidentally rolled over onto her as they were sleeping, according to police sources.

First responders rushed the infant to BronxCare Health System, where she was pronounced dead, police said.

The medical examiner will determine the cause of death, but cops have not ruled the incident suspicious, and sources believe the cousin accidentally smothered her.

The young girl was staying at her aunt’s apartment when she was killed, sources said.

Her mother had previously been reported to ACS, but the details of the complaint and whether its related to the incident were unclear.

This could've been avoided. Hell what 5 year old doesn't sleep wild? You wake up, there's a foot in your face, you've been slapped all night like ur in a bad relationship, and they would allow a 5 year old sleep with a baby.

Definitely, this. The baby would've been better off in a nice cardboard box or deep dresser drawer with a blanket folded in the bottom. There are ALWAYS options if we just put our minds to a solution.

Was the 5 year old a really BIG child? Was the 6 month old delayed? Was the baby pinned by the wall and unable to wriggle free? This does not feel right to me. 6 month olds are mobile to a certain degree, not like a newborn.
I agree in some sense.. My grandson is six months.. Scoots and all that but definitely couldn't get out from under the dead weight of another sleeping child.. Especially if he was corned against a wall.. And remind you that means there was inappropriate bedding involved :(

Back