• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Brooklyn baby who was hospitalized after being violently shaken died Friday afternoon, according to his family.

Six-month-old Gianni Gilmore was taken off life support at NYU Langone Hospital at 3 p.m., the child’s shattered mother said.

“Gianni was brain-dead,” mom Sara Julien, 22, explained. “The machine was doing everything. He wasn’t even breathing on his own. They said that there was nothing they could do.”

The infant was found motionless inside his home on Tuesday afternoon.

His father, Shatwaun Gilmore, 24, was arrested Thursday night on the suspicion he shook his son and gave him a catastrophic brain injury.

He was charged with assault and child endangerment.

But police released Gilmore and voided his arrest due to a lack of evidence late Thursday night, according to the NYPD.

“I couldn’t believe it,” Julien asked. “Why was he released?”

Julien and Gilmore had split up, but she couldn’t find another babysitter to watch their boy as she attended classes at LaGuardia Community College for a Criminal Justice degree.

“I didn’t want him to watch Gianni. He was my last resort,” she said.

Gilmore told the Daily News she repeatedly called in to check in on her baby.

“I got that motherly instinct like something was wrong,” she recalled.

The father called 911 but only after the Julien’s mother, Jacqueline Saintangle, arrived.

“When I opened the door, Shatwaun called me. He said, ‘Mam, mam, help me.’ I see my (grandson), he’s not responsive, nothing,” Saintangle, 59, explained. She said she rushed home because a neighbor heard Gianni’s crying.

Gilmore rushed out of the child’s room, Saintangle said, and she saw the baby on the bed.

“I looked at my grandson on the bed and he was laying limp,” she said. “I said, ‘Did you call 911?’”

The boy’s 27-year-old uncle, who showed up moments later, tried to perform CPR.

Gianni showed symptoms similar to shaken baby syndrome, police sources said.

Gilmore showed up at the hospital at 1 a.m. on Friday and checked on his son’s condition, Julien said.

He told her and her mom that he was going to go into hiding if the child died, Julien told The News.

He also threatened to commit suicide, rather than face a lengthy prison sentence, Julien said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...nless-violently-shaken-dies-article-1.3945993
[doublepost=1524318113,1524318077][/doublepost]
articlesplit-kid1-0420.jpg

His father, Shatwaun Gilmore, 24, was arrested Thursday night on the suspicion he shook his son and gave him a catastrophic brain injury.
He was charged with assault and child endangerment.
But police released Gilmore and voided his arrest due to a lack of evidence late Thursday night, according to the NYPD.

WTF? Not enough evidence? The infant is dead from shaking injuries. Dad was watching him. If Dad didn't do it, WTF do they think happened?

That bastard better be charged with murder now that the child is dead.
[doublepost=1524329840,1524329695][/doublepost]
Julien and Gilmore had split up, but she couldn’t find another babysitter to watch their boy as she attended classes at LaGuardia Community College for a Criminal Justice degree.
“I didn’t want him to watch Gianni. He was my last resort,” she said.
Gilmore told the Daily News she repeatedly called in to check in on her baby.
“I got that motherly instinct like something was wrong,” she recalled.

Too bad she didn't get an instinct about him before she had a child with him. If you don't feel comfortable leaving his own child with him, then you should not have been fucking him without protection.

I don't understand something.....the mom said she didnt have anyone else to watch the baby while she attended classes but then where the fuck outta the woodwork did the uncle and grandma come from?

WTF? Not enough evidence? The infant is dead from shaking injuries. Dad was watching him. If Dad didn't do it, WTF do they think happened?

The timing of shaken baby injuries can be quite difficult to prove, and the diagnosis itself has come under a lot of fire. Convictions have been overturned, sometimes because a completely different cause of death was proven.

Assuming a baby was shaken, it's not as simple as blaming the person watching the baby when symptoms occur. Brain swelling and other signs can take time to show up, and an unconscious baby can look simply like a sleeping baby.

So who gets blamed? The person there when symptoms occur or worsen? The person who had the baby before that? It's difficult. And again, there is a lot of argument about how shaken baby syndrome is proved.

This is a good article to start with, it's quite long but gets into some particular cases, along with the current doubts of some doctors who helped come up with shaken baby syndrome:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...-abuse-diagnosis-raises-questions-doubts.html

I don't understand something.....the mom said she didnt have anyone else to watch the baby while she attended classes but then where the fuck outta the woodwork did the uncle and grandma come from?

Could be they work?

The death of a 6-month-old boy allegedly violently shaken by his ex-con father a year ago has been declared a homicide, police said Friday.

Gianni Gilmore died on April 20, 2018, three days after he was found motionless inside his home.

The infant was with his father, Shatwaun Gilmore, when he lost consciousness, cops said. Gilmore only called 911, after Gianni’s maternal grandmother, Jacqueline Saintangle, checked the boy and saw he wasn’t moving.

Panicked family members tried in vain to perform CPR on Gianni, who showed symptoms similar to shaken baby syndrome.

Cops arrested Gilmore, who tried to pin the crime on the boy’s 22-year-old mother. He was charged with assault and child endangerment, but cops voided the arrest because of the ongoing homicide investigation.

New charges are expected now that the baby’s death has been ruled a homicide, a source with knowledge of the case said.

A spokeswoman for the city Medical Examiner’s office said Gianni died of “abusive head trauma.”

April 29, 2018
I Love You Gianni
You Was My World Babyboy
Me An Mommy Loves You Forever & Always

April 28, 2018
R.I.P Gianni I Love you so much baby boy

Fucking news lied on me an all tryna fuck my life up smfh they worrying about all the wrong shit my son is gone son these dumb fucks wanna accuse me holding me two days in a fucking 2 days questioning me while my son was in the hospital somebody gotta pay for this

Has anybody here ever seen a pecan harvester? It's a big tractor that is driven up to a huge pecan tree and giant arms reach out and shake the tree for the rest of the pecan to fall off. Mr Shatone needs to be manhandled by one of those, shake him until his eyes fall out of his head, until he really has shat a great big one. Then throw him on the ground and run him over.

I found that article a bit odd. The acceleration from a fall compared to acceleration from a shake is not really the issue. Its the sharp fast back and forth that causes the veins to tear but it also causes the brain to impact both front and back of skull. A fall could cause some veins to tear but it would be more localised to an area and the brain would only impact one side of skull.
It's an odd comparison to make. It's not the speed that causes the damage really. It's the back and forth at speed.

Back