• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Six dogs had a terrifying night on Wednesday, Oct. 2 after they were left outside in the pouring rain.

A man was seen dumping the dogs at about 8:15 p.m. inside the back enclosure of the Humane Society of Midland County.

“I started pulling into the parking lot and these three dogs rushed out to meet me,” said Nikki Rayce, president of the Humane Society of Midland County. “My first thought was, ‘Oh my God. Did all the dogs get out?’ I didn’t know what was going on.”

Rayce was the first person to get to the shelter. At first, she was unaware of the traumatic night the dogs had until she watched surveillance video.

“Three of the dogs had gotten out,” said Rayce. “They were throwing themselves at the gate. We had to watch hours of them as lightning was strobing everywhere and they’re just throwing themselves behind the tree, throwing themselves at the fence.”

The other three dogs were inside the outdoor enclosure.

She said she got the dogs inside right away and checked them out.

She said after viewing the video, she couldn’t understand how someone could do this.

“As a pet owner, I couldn’t imagine putting a pet owner through that,” Rayce said.

She said one of the dogs tore the entire pad off his foot during the chaos, and added that the condition of the dogs wasn’t the best.

“They have parasites really bad,” said Rayce. “They’re very thin, but they’re so sweet.”

Rayce said she wants people to utilize the shelter as a resource, especially in desperate situations. She said dumping animals isn’t the way to get rid of animals because it’s illegal. She said she wants the person responsible for dumping the dogs to come forward.

“Number one, if they were strays, where did you find them?” said Rayce. “Number two, if you’re the owner, we need to know the medical history. Some are in bad shape. We need to make sure that any other dogs at the home are OK, and if they need resources, we can help.”
1570406706156.png
1570406716892.png
1570406749071.png
1570406778092.png
1570406790266.png
1570406800609.png

Latest posts

Back