• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
Shayne Iverson was only six days old when a stray bullit from a hunter's riffle struck him in the skull. The injuries from the gunshot has caused him perminant blindness.
Shayne's dad, Jermiah Iverson was holding him on Sept 25 when the stray bullit can through the window. The bullit struck Shayne's head and exited his eye socket.
Baby boy is still intensive care at Children's Hospital of Pittsburg. Damage to his brain is still undetermined .

For now, the Iversons and their relatives are monitoring the infant's condition and trying to raise money for medical bills. Donations were being taken though a local S&T Bank branch.

"I started the fundraiser only since I can't make my way out there," said Kalyn Iverson, 23, Jeremie's sister, who lives in Jackson, New Jersey. "And this is my way of showing my support and help."

http://m.wcvb.com/news/6dayold-baby...ston&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=hootsuite

I can't imagine sitting there holding, cuddling and admiring my six day old baby in the comfort of my own home and bullet entering his head and coming out his eye socket...how horrific. I really feel for this family. I hope this little one heals and gets all the help and support and love he needs. I hope also they find the shooter.

Story time:

I live in PA, when Avery was only 2 months old a hunter in the next field over, close to 1/2 mile away, fired at a buck in my field. The bullets went through the deer, the exterior wall of my house inches over Avery and his father (too bad it didn't hit his father, but that's irrelevant here) then one proceeded to go through 2 more walls of my house and land at my feet as I was getting ready for work, the other lodged in the 2nd interior wall. It was a 30-06 rifle. The hunter was the brother of the man who has hayed our fields for years, he allows my boys to ride on his tractors even, I babysat his son and daughter when they were young. He was beyond pissed, he brought his brother back up to my house to face me, I was in full Mama Bear mode. He claimed he didn't notice my house, my YELLOW house on the perfectly lear morning. The authorities were called and here in PA it isn't officially a crime during hunting season so he lost the deer (too small of a buck) and his PA hunting license for 10 years.

Story time:
Holy shit, sounds like you were all extremely lucky. All I know about guns has been learnt from CSI, but even I know 1/2 mile is too close to be completely safe.
How well can they enforce the loss of a hunting license?

Infant Shayne Iverson, Shot Through The Eye By Hunter's Stray Bullet, Returns Home
10x6kwg.jpg
[...]
infant blinded by a hunter's stray bullet that came through his living room window has returned to his Pennsylvania home after more than two months in the hospital.
Shayne Iverson's homecoming near Saltsburg on Wednesday was just in time for his mother's 31st birthday
[...]
"It was a pretty emotional night," Shayne's father, Jeremie Iverson, told
[...]
The 42-year-old Iverson was cuddling the boy, just 6 days old at time, on their couch on Sept. 25. Shayne was in Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh ever since.

"I know he's a little baby, but to me, I think he knows he's home,"
[...]
Doctors have said the boy likely survived because the bullet that hit his head exited through his eye socket rather than hitting his brain.

Indiana County District Attorney Pat Dougherty has said the hunter had an agricultural deer control permit.

No charges have been filed, though investigators were reviewing whether game regulations or other laws were violated.

Although he's home, Shayne still faces more surgeries.
[...]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...hayne-iverson_n_6277110.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

Is it permanent blindness in just that bullet destroyed eye or permanent blindness altogether? Hope it's the former. From the article it seems like the bullet just destroyed the one eye. The other eye doesn't look wounded in the pic provided.

If he is blind, better to be blind from the start then to lose your eyesight after years of having it. I would think anyways.

I do not know about anyone else, but dear God, if I were ever responsible for a horrible horror such as this I would have to be put away for all of eternity! I would not be able to live with myself. Hopefully this will show every hunter what carelessness can cause.

Reading this right after putting my little down for the night does no good for my heart. Here's hoping he heals and has a wonderful life ahead of him.

Here's a couple of eye stories for ya. My oldest brother lost one eye as an infant. It was 1959 and he had a glass bottle. My mom was changing him on the changing table. Brother dropped the bottle on the floor and it broke. My mom leaned down to pick it up - stretching her arms to kind of hold him and pick up the glass at the same time. He fell off the table onto the glass and there goes his eye. So he's gone his whole life with one eye and is fine. Played all kinds of sports and whatever. Now for my dad. He had a cornea transplant around age 70. Got infected, lost the eye. He's had to adjust and it's been hard. But he still passed his conceal/carry permit and he's damn proud of that. They talk to each other about their difficulties and my brother is really good about helping my dad get used to this whole one eye life. Funny story.... when my mom passed I got her jewelry box. I found a little velvet bag full of blue eyes. She had saved all of the glass eyes made for my brother through the years. We had no idea. I gave them to him. They were hand painted and really cool. My dad likes to take his out so the kids can check out the tiny white raisin that's left in his socket. Ok I think that's it. Little baby will be fine.

Shayne Iverson had passed

http://triblive.com/local/regional/...bullet-succumbs-3-years-later-with-meningitis
Shayne Iverson, a 3-year-old Saltsburg-area boy who had health struggles since he was wounded by a hunter's stray bullet as an infant, died Wednesday at a Pittsburgh hospital.

In posts on her Facebook page, the boy's mother, Stefanie, said he became ill with a high temperature and was taken late Saturday to the emergency room at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC and was admitted. By Monday, she wrote that her son had been diagnosed with meningitis and was being treated with antibiotics, adding, “Why can't this sweet boy get a break?”

On Tuesday, she asked for prayers for her son, indicating the infection was affecting his brain and blood. Tests showed he had “little to no brain activity” and, without a miracle, the family would remove him from life support, she wrote.

On Wednesday, she posted, “Shayne is at peace now.”

In a Facebook message Wednesday afternoon, she indicated the family — including Shayne's father, Jeremie, and two older siblings — was “doing the best we can” to cope with the loss.

Family friend Jeremy Manners of Apollo said, however, that the Iversons are “very distraught” and noted they will now face funeral expenses in addition to costs associated with Shayne's extensive medical care.

He said a Go Fund Me page was set up to help the family with expenses: www.gofundme.com/weloveshayne. Also, contributions to a Shayne Iverson victim fund can be made at any S&T Bank branch, Manners said.
[doublepost=1509683656,1509666676][/doublepost]Poor kid

If God exists, he had no regard for this child or family.

Wonder why people choose to worship such a figure? Scumbags.

Back