• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I'm glad the boy is finally home. The updates from the family are always super opaque, they never give any specifics on his injuries or current state, except to say he moved here, or moved there. It seems odd in comparison to almost every other similar story. Even the GoFundMe updates never give any detail.

Last edited:
The 5-year-old boy who was thrown from a Mall of America third-floor balcony and survived is "walking perfectly" and could be off his medication soon.

The family of Landen Hoffman gave an update about the boy on a GoFundMe page, saying the open wound on his belly had “finally scabbed over and new skin is growing.”

“Mom has been doing everything she can to speed up the healing of his wound and working toward getting off some of his medications,” the post said.

Hoffman was hospitalized with two broken arms, a broken leg and fractures to his face and skull when Emmanuel Aranda, 24, tossed him about 40 feet during a random attack at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minn. on April 12.

He was forced to undergo 15 separate medical procedures and surgeries due to the injuries and "severe complications." He returned home months later.
Now, Hoffman said to be enjoying life and is going to kindergarten with his twin brother and sister.

"He gets out of the car every morning happy and blows kisses all the way in! He's a strong, happy boy," the post added. "When his mommy asks him if she can look at his wound or asks how he's doing, he always responds with 'Mom, I’m healed, you don't need to ask me anymore.' Landen loves life and Jesus!"

It continued: "He tells people all the time when they get hurt, don't worry, I fell off a cliff, but Angels caught me and Jesus loves me, so I'm ok and you will be too!"

December 06 2022
The Mall of America said Monday that it will toughen its trespassing policies as part of a settlement with the family of a Woodbury boy who was severely injured when a man with a history of causing disturbances at the shopping center threw the child from a third-floor balcony.
Additional details of the settlement were not released by the boy’s family or the mall.
The boy, identified only as Landen, was 5 in April 2019 when Emmanuel Aranda threw him nearly 40 feet to the ground. Aranda, who had been banned from the Bloomington mall twice in previous years, told investigators that he went there “looking for someone to kill” after women rejected his advances. He pleaded guilty to attempted first-degree murder and was sentenced to 19 years in prison for the attack on Landen.
The family alleged in a lawsuit filed last year that mall security should have prevented Aranda from “prowling” at the building without an officer following him closely. The lawsuit alleged that the mall and its security detail knew about previous “violent, aggressive, and erratic” behavior that Aranda had displayed at the shopping center.
In a joint statement announcing the settlement, the mall and the family said they will work together on policy changes to prevent similar incidents.

“Mall of America and the family have agreed to work together with a focus on safety, and already are jointly pursuing policy changes to existing trespass limits for violent criminals so as to give greater ability to preclude such persons from their premises,” the statement said.
The lawsuit sought unspecified damages. At the time it was filed, an attorney for the family said the boy had already incurred more than $1.7 million in medical expenses. Landen’s parents said on their GoFundMe page in 2019 that Landen had more than 15 medical procedures, including surgeries for two broken arms and a broken leg, facial and skull fractures and removal of his spleen.

The gofundme for Landon is at $1,066,176 raised of $1,000,000 goal

what the hell

With good behavior and time already served in jail, Aranda is eligible for parole in 12 years.

1712912507307.jpeg

Name: Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda

Sentence Date: 06/03/2019

Anticipated Release Date: 12/10/2031

Expiration Date: 04/10/2038

Highest Ranked Offense: Homicide (Attempt to Commit)

Why didn't he start with himself?

"Aranda, who had been banned from the Bloomington mall twice in previous years, told investigators that he went there “looking for someone to kill” after women rejected his advances."

Back