• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://theadvocate.com/news/1633748...cking-and-cruelty-of-a-22-year-old-autistic-w

Investigators with the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office, searching the home in response to a complaint on June 30, found the woman wandering around the backyard of the Rushing Lane home, malnourished and suffering from numerous insect bites, spokeswoman Dawn Panepinto said in a news release Thursday.

She said investigators “discovered that the accused conspired to transport the young woman to a specific location with the intention of prostituting her out to multiple male subjects for money. This resulted in the five subjects being charged with human trafficking.”

The woman, whom authorities have not named, was often locked in the cage at night to keep her from wandering off, Panepinto said. Inside the cage — which resembled a dog kennel and was covered with a blue tarp — investigators found all of her personal belongings, as well as a 5-gallon bucket in which the woman was forced to defecate.

The woman was taken to an area hospital for evaluation, then placed in the care and custody of the Louisiana Department of Health’s Adult Protective Services, Panepinto said.

Four juveniles also were removed from the home and placed in the custody of the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services.

Those arrested are Terry Knope, 43; Raylaine Knope, 40; Taylor Knope, 18; Jody Lambert, 21; and Bridget Lambert, 19.

Panepinto said the investigation is ongoing, and additional charges may be forthcoming.

Those arrested are Terry Knope, 43; Raylaine Knope, 40; Taylor Knope, 18; Jody Lambert, 21; and Bridget Lambert, 19.

Sick fucks.

I can't decide if I want the three younger ones to be victims as well and that they've somehow been forced to be complicit in this... While that would be monstrously awful, somewhere in my mind it wouldn't be as horrible as them bring right on board with this totally fucked up scenario.

Also, where in the hell did they acquire this autistic 30 year old woman?? She's clearly not the daughter of the two eldest people. Um... There's got to be a family out there somewhere missing their very special needs autistic 30 y.o. daughter, right??

found the woman wandering around the backyard of the Rushing Lane home, malnourished and suffering from numerous insect bites,

Insect bites suck...maybe she was staying the yard, homeless, on drugs,

Thought they were helping her out. It says she was wandering, not that she was

shrieking through the neighbourhood pounding on doors.

Drug addicts usually look malnourished.

I worked with autistic adults for many years. This is despicable. I hope they get the maximum time allowed and I hope more charges are added. This woman didn't have the ability to communicate or defend herself. They probably took her social security checks from her every month too. Surprised to see young girls involved in this. I hope we here more about how they came to have access to this woman every day. I suspect they may have been caregivers of some kind and turned on her. Time will tell. I'm glad she is safe now. Kudos to the one that made the call that allowed her to be rescued.

She should've Knoped out of there sooner.

Reeeally interested in how those 18yr olds are involved / related, and finding out whether this is the first time the whole fam has done this. And what sort of gross person was looking forward to paying money for sex with a dirty malnourished mentally deficient lady.

I just don't see anything here that implies she was a wandering addict. It looks like this has been going on for a while... Hope I'm wrong though on that.

And even if you reached so far as to say perhaps she was an addict and needed help, locking her in a dog kennel with a bucket and whoring her out for kicks and cash would not be the kind of help she needed!

I don't think there's anything she could've done to warrant this treatment.
Those who did this...or knew of it... are truly the worst of the worst. It would be bad to just leave her someplace. But to cage her and profit from pimping her out... that's just sick. To know of it and do nothing is equally so.
A bucket. And being let out for what...trips to turn tricks? That would be an absolute nightmare, particularly for an autistic woman. I don't even wanna go there in my mind... this is a horrible story!

Wherever she is now...God I hope she's being treated well. She deserves some degree of compassion after that...And I hope she finds it.

Why didn't her family put oylut a report for missing person? Why is she now being taken care of by the state? Why hasn't her family stepped up yet to claim her? Why? Why? Why? How did this family get her there to begin with? How did they know her? How was this going on and nobody else knew? How? How? How? Ughh....too many questions, but I'm drunk already, so if any of those have been answered already..I'm sorry. Sorry. Sorry, I say.

PS. Not spell checking either, sorry. Lol

Was wondering that too!
Maybe these are the only relatives who'd tske her in...and only for the check she draws each month.
And after a while they got greedy or just got tired of caring for her... I'd like to know this backstory too!
Surely they didn't just find her and kidnap her...we'd have known if thats the case...
The mind boggles!

Some people just prove themselves to be utter animals and counter to a healthy growing society.
Put the group away in the dark forever.
Preferrably a cave with vermin fot food and company.

https://www.nola.com/crime/index.ss...um=social#incart_2box_nola_river_orleans_news
bc7_d3ffdd9948b0aeff.jpeg

Raylaine Knope

524_terryknope.jpeg

Terry Knope II

34e_b7716eaef53f03c1.jpeg

Jody Lambert

bf1_taylorknope.jpeg

Taylor Knope

273_bridgetlambert.jpeg

Bridget Lambert

Five members of an Amite family were accused in federal court Thursday (July 26) of kidnapping and holding a 22-year-old autistic relative captive for roughly 10 months, padlocked in a shed and then in a makeshift backyard cage, and subjecting her to a range of humiliations and abuse that included shooting her with a BB gun, covering her with the contents of the family's septic tank and forcing her to eat her recently deceased mother's cremated remains from a cereal bowl.

The family, often at the direction of 42-year-old matriarch Raylaine Knope, also withheld the victim's Social Security benefits and forced her to perform house work and yard work with no compensation and, often, in a demeaning manner. They also ordered her to make sexual advances to several men in a sex-trafficking scheme, the indictment alleges.

Along with Raylaine Knope, the six-count indictment charges her husband, 45-year-old Terry J. Knope II, and their children, 23-year-old Jody Lambert and 20-year-old Taylor Knope, in the "forced labor" conspiracy. Lambert is Raylaine Knope's son and Taylor Knope is Terry Knope II's daughter. Court documents did not specify how the victim is related to her alleged tormenters.
[....]
In August 2015, the four accused abusers, along with their 22-year-old victim, moved from the Kentwood home shared with the victim's late mother to a mobile home in the 57500 block of Rushing Lane. The abuse continued through June 2016, according to the federal accusations.

A fifth family member, Raylaine Knope's daughter, 21-year-old Bridget Lambert, was also charged separately in a bill of information dated Monday. Bridget Lambert, who is accused of participating in the forced-labor conspiracy, periodically lived with the family on Rushing Lane.

To ensure the woman did not escape, the five family members regularly threatened her with violence and death, reinforcing their threats with beatings and other abuse, like holding a gun to her head, holding her hand to a flame and holding her underwater in a hot tub as she struggled to come up for air.

If she reported her abusers to law enforcement, they would kill her, they said, court records allege.

The family also ensured the victim had no resources for escape. Terry Knope kept the victim's Social Security payments, which totaled nearly $8,800 for the roughly 11-month period, while Raylaine Knope confiscated the victim's state-issued ID, cellphone and laptop.
[....]
they forced the victim to take methamphetamines and prescription painkillers, telling her they would report her to the police for drug use if she failed to obey their orders.

The indictment depicts Raylaine Knope as a ringleader of the abuse, ordering the other family members to denigrate and physically assault the victim and keep her locked in a tent, then a shed, then a chicken-wire cage in the back yard.

It was Raylaine Knope who forced the victim pour her mother's ashes from an urn into a cereal bowl with milk and then eat the mixture with a spoon. As the victim followed commands, Raylaine Knope, Terry Knope, Jody Lambert and Taylor Knope stood nearby, "watching and laughing," court records allege.

The victim "vomited onto the table several minutes after consuming the ashes."

The indictment charges Raylaine Knope, Terry Knope II, Jody Lambert and Taylor Knope with conspiring to obtain forced labor, forced labor and using force and threats of force to interfere with the victim's federal Fair Housing Act rights.

Raylaine Knope and Terry Knope II are also accused of attempted sex trafficking.

Terry J. Knope II is additionally accused of committing a hate crime, with prosecutors alleging he shot the victim with a BB gun while calling her a "retard" who "doesn't deserve to live."

He is also charged with theft of government funds in connection to the stolen Social Security benefits.

Bridget Lambert, 21, was charged separately in a bill of information, which accuses her of one count of conspiring to obtain forced labor.
[....]
Thursday's federal indictment contains a much more detailed outline of grotesque alleged crimes. The indictment lists 35 "overt acts" that formed part of the family's conspiracy to have their captive do housework and yard work in exchange for food and water, and to perform sexual acts. Many of the listed items reportedly occurred at the direction of Raylaine Knope, court records show.

The abuse began after the family moved into the mobile home on Rushing Lane. Though the victim was initially allowed to sleep on a mattress on the floor, she was "soon thereafter" forced to spend her nights locked into a tent in the back yard.

When the victim tried to escape, Raylaine Knope threatened to kill her--and then the family moved the victim's tent into a padlocked shed. In the spring of 2016, at Raylaine Knope's instruction, the family built the chicken-wire cage, covered with a tarp and hidden beneath branches.

Each morning, the victim was let out of the cage to do work, often "in a demeaning fashion," court documents accuse. For example, Terry Knope once ordered the woman to use her tongue to clean a spill on the kitchen floor, court records show.

If Raylaine Knope was not satisfied with the victim's work, she denied the victim food, according to the indictment.

The group "routinely" assaulted the woman, the indictment alleges. Along with shooting the victim with a BB gun, Terry Knope smashed her hand with a hammer, fracturing bones, and burned her hand with a cigarette lighter, according to federal accusations. As he burned the victim, Bridget Lambert held the victim's arm in place, according to court documents.

Various family members punched the 22-year-old woman in the face and head and struck her with a wooden board, a shower rod, a metal padlock. One of her head wounds was glued shut.
[....]
Jody Lambert once held a gun to the victim's head and threatened to pull the trigger if she did not obey his orders, according to the indictment.

Another time, Terry Knope and Jody Lambert threw a bucket of human waste onto the victim, the indictment alleges. The victim, "who was covered from head to toe with the urine and feces," began screaming while Jody Lambert laughed.
[....]
The case, investigated by the FBI's New Orleans Field Division, is being prosecuted by attorneys with the U.S. Justice Department's Civil Rights Division and Assistant U.S. Attorney Julia Evans, based in New Orleans.

It was Raylaine Knope who forced the victim pour her mother's ashes from an urn into a cereal bowl with milk and then eat the mixture with a spoon. As the victim followed commands, Raylaine Knope, Terry Knope, Jody Lambert and Taylor Knope stood nearby, "watching and laughing," court records allege.
What the FUCK is wrong with these people? And how the hell did they end up with the victim in the first place? And what possessed them to treat her like that? The entire family no less. I just wish I could read minds so I could find out the internal rationale behind how they behave.

You're braver than I am.

I tip my hat :hattip:to you.

--Al
I don't think it's bravery so much as it is my overwhelming urge to understand things. And maybe if we understood exactly what went through an abusers mind in the moments leading up to, and the act of violence itself, we might better be able to prevent it in the future.

Plus I'd enjoy knowing that they knew that at least one person on this planet knew just what humongous pieces of shit they are.

But really, it's mostly the urge to understand. I feel like maybe I can fix something if I could just understand it.

@cubby @Satanica
A husband and wife charged with violently abusing a young autistic woman in Louisiana and forcing her to live in an outdoor cage have pleaded guilty to multiple crimes in federal court.

Terry Knope II and Raylaine Knope pleaded guilty Monday in New Orleans to charges including forced labor conspiracy. Terry Knope II also pleaded guilty to a hate crime charge. Court documents say he shot the victim with a BB gun because she was disabled.

Each could face 28 years in prison when sentenced in August.

They were among five charged in 2018 documents alleging a litany of horrors against the 22-year-old victim.

Prosecutors said the victim was at times beaten, burned with a cigarette lighter and forced to eat the cremation ashes of her late mother.

@cubby @Satanica
A Louisiana man was sentenced to 10 years in prison for his role in the physical and psychological abuse of a young autistic woman who told him in federal court Thursday, “You made my life a living hell.”

Jody Lambert’s sentencing was the latest in court cases involving the woman who was kept in a cage, beaten, shot with a BB gun and forced to eat the cremation ashes of her dead mother before the abuse was discovered.

Lambert tearfully apologized. “There is no excuse for what I did,” he said, his voice breaking often.

“She didn’t deserve that … I just went along with it because it was easier,” he said.

Later, when the judge gave the victim an opportunity to make a statement, she said: “Jody, you made my life a living hell.”

She added, “You should have stopped them. If you had stopped them you wouldn’t be in this predicament.”

Lambert is the son of Raylaine Knope and the stepson of Terry Knope II, both of whom have pleaded guilty in state and federal court and face decades in prison for abusing the victim, who is identified in court documents only by her initials.

Lambert told Barbier he had been raised in a “dysfunctional” home. Barbier agreed and noted what appeared to be sincere remorse.

“However, as you yourself said, it doesn’t in any way excuse what you did,’ said Barbier.

Court documents said Lambert at various times verbally abused the victim, shoved her on the ground once and locked her in the cage where she lived, with a bucket for a toilet, for several months. Lambert also knew of other abuse, including Terry Knope’s shooting of the victim at close range with a BB gun. The documents say the victim and her mother were relatives of Raylaine Knope and that both had lived with the Knopes until the mother’s death in August 2015.

The victim was 22 when her abusers were arrested, court documents said.

Back