• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

Sue sue

Take 6
Bold Member!
From the desk of @Keepalowprofile
5 children died in a daycare center fire. 4 of the 5 children came from 1 family. The daycare had previously had safety issues noted during an inspection in January. Cigarette ashes and uncovered outlets .

 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Keepalowprofile

Water is for people that don't have coffee.
Bold Member!
Thank you @Sue sue

This is heart breaking. 4 kids from the same family. I couldn't imagine.


The prior issues at inspection didn't really amount to much.
They needed to put child safety covers on some outlets and someone smoked a cigarette or cigar leaving (I assume) an ashtray full of ashes.

I'm waiting to hear the cause of the fire.

Too bad the sleeping area for the children was located upstairs I think that was a factor in them not getting rescued.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Keepalowprofile

Water is for people that don't have coffee.
Bold Member!
The 5th child who died was the homeowner's own child. Two teenagers escaped by jumping out a window. There was only one smoke alarm in the entire house, and it was in the attic. The fire spokesman said that if there had been adequate smoke detectors, there all would have probably survived.

https://www.apnews.com/c9c940d4b2544facaf60ea18dc03e0da
And the inspection didn't catch this?

Why even bother with inspection?
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Brillig

Danse Macabre Instructor
Bold Member!
And the inspection didn't catch this?

Why even bother with inspection?
I was wondering the same thing. Plus, there were two inspections in a very short time frame, and neither of them cited them for lack of fire alarms (but did notice there was an ashtray with cigarette butts in it). The only logical conclusion is that fire alarms are not required in this locale. Shocking in this day and age, but I'm guessing true.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Victoria

Intrepid Sojourner
Bold Member!
1565618272622-png.21633



A fire at a Pennsylvania day care center early Sunday killed five children, including four siblings, officials said.
Four people were injured, including two teenagers who jumped from a second-floor window onto a porch of the home in Erie to escape the flames, Erie Fire Chief Guy Santone told CNN in an interview. Santone said the homeowner was injured, along with a neighbor who tried to enter the burning home to rescue victims.

Eight people were in the home when the fire broke out around 1:15 a.m., Santone said. The home also operated as a day care, according to fire officials.

"I was just down there, there's flowers everywhere," Santone said about a memorial at the scene. "Nobody likes to see this, especially when it's kids."

1565618642856-png.21634
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/11/us/pennsylvania-day-care-fire-five-killed/index.html

Prayers for the families and community.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Sue sue

Take 6
Bold Member!

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

8 people at home when the fire broke out, 2 teenagers jumped from the second floor and 5 children died. So there was 1 adult?? Seems wrong or maybe I am missing something?
My heart breaks for both families affected - so very tragic
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Keepalowprofile

Water is for people that don't have coffee.
Bold Member!
The father of 3 of the children is a firefighter.

.
firefighter lost three children in an early morning blaze that tore through a home day care in Pennsylvania, killing five and leaving a woman injured, authorities said.

Joe Crotty, chief of the Lawrence Park Volunteer Fire Department, said firefighter Luther Jones was responding to another fire when the blaze ignited at Harris Family Day Care in Erie,
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Staff online

Top