• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Nov 13, 2019
Catherine Seals, 35, pleaded guilty to both charges she faced, felony homicide and felony child abuse with serious injury, in the death of Larkin Carr, 4, last November.

The plea agreement caps her potential sentence at 21 years, 6 months. Her sentencing is scheduled for January 31.

Court documents show the child’s body had anywhere from 60 to 90 bruises. The autopsy report listed blunt force trauma to the abdomen as Larkin’s cause of death.

Catherine Seals is the mother of the teen. She was also charged and sentenced to 21 years in connection with Larkin's death.
40-year-old Hank Smith Jr. sat before a judge on Wednesday, charged in the beating death of his 4-year-old son, Larkin Carr.

Showing graphic autopsy pictures, Dr. Michelle Clayton, director of child abuse at the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters, described the more than 100 bruises, internal bleeding, intestinal tears and signs of starvation on Carr's 28-pound body.

Smith put his head in his hands and looked away while hearing how police and doctors believe his son was beaten to death.

Carr was pronounced dead at the hospital on November 12, 2018. Smith is charged with felony homicide in the death.

Norfolk Police detectives who testified Wednesday say Smith told them Larkin was sick for three days prior to his death. He said his son was vomiting, having accidents, throwing up blood and unable to eat, but never mentioned any bruising to his body.

Smith's attorney told the court that Smith noticed his son was ill on a Friday, and so he gave him Pepto-Bismol, crackers, oatmeal and chicken. However, a later autopsy report revealed Larkin had nothing in his stomach.

The state said Smith never took Larkin to receive medical care.

in court, the state played several jailhouse phone calls made by Smith on January 6 of this year. Smith said, "I didn't want to confront the 14-year-old or I would have been in trouble. He knows I would have jumped him."

The teenager is charged with second-degree murder and will be tried as an adult.

The judge said there was probable cause to proceed with charges against Smith.

Smith remains out on bond.

Last edited:
After only four-and-a-half hours of deliberation, a jury in Norfolk found Hank Smith Jr. guilty of all charges in connection to the death of his 4-year-old son.

Smith faced felony homicide, child abuse or child neglect, child cruelty as well as child neglect charged. His son, Larkin Carter Carr, was beaten to death at their Sangamon Avenue home in November 2018.

After four days of testimony, both sides presented closing arguments in the trial on October 28. Those arguments came only four days after the jury trial began.

A medical examiner testified in court Wednesday saying Larkin had up to 90 bruises on his body at the time of his death and the 4-year-old died of blunt force trauma.

During closing arguments, Smith’s defense team said the case was about awareness, arguing Bolsinger-Hartshorn is at fault for Larkin’s death and the day-to-day care of Larkin was up to Seals since Smith constantly traveled for work.

They also argued Norfolk Child Protective Services ignored a complaint filed against Bolsinger-Hartshorn months before Larkin’s death.

Previously, Smith’s girlfriend, Catherine Seals, pleaded guilty to felony homicide and child abuse and neglect charges in 2019.

Police say Seals’ teenage son, then-14-year-old Robert “Robbie” Bolsinger-Hartshorn, is accused of beating Larkin to death.

Bolsinger-Hartshorn is facing a second-degree murder charge. He will be tried as an adult in February.

Sounds like the three people most responsible will all end up in prison. Bio-dad, his evil girlfriend, and her sociopathic teen son. Child services should also bear some responsibility, since this was supposed to be a "trial" placement with bio-dad, but they failed to discontinue the trial even after the two little boys were taken to the hospital a couple months before the death when the violent teen attempted to strangle them.

I'm confused about the names in this story as well. Larkin Carter Carr age four. His bio-mother was Tracey Quinones. His bio-father was Hank Smith. Why was the kids last name Carter Carr? Also, the bitch girlfriend was Catherine Seals, and her murderous son was Robert “Robbie” Bolsinger-Hartshorn. He has two last names, and neither of them match hers. WTF? How insanely complex were their lives and marriages that none of the adult names match the kids names?

Last edited:
Maiden name and kids carry dad's last name .. even hyphenated name .. nobody had the same daddy!? Maybe bio mom got married after the child?? Maybe someone she was married to adopted him or was on his birth certificate other than bio dad!?

A Norfolk sperm donor received a 21-year active sentence on Friday, for his role in his son’s death.

Hank Smith was convicted in October of felony homicide and child abuse and neglect for the beating death of 4-year-old Larkin Carr.

The center of the Commonwealth’s argument at his sentencing was that Smith lied and didn’t do enough when he could have, to save his son’s life.

Smith and his fiancée Catherine Seals left Smith’s two young sons, 4-year-old Larkin and 3-year-old Tyler, in the care of Seals’ 14-year-old son Robbie Bolsinger-Hartshorn.

“He had no criminal intent when he left the house that day, or with Robbie, to say ‘well I hope you beat my son or I hope you hurt my son,'” argued Defense Attorney Kristin Paulding.

Police say the teenager admitted to striking Larkin repeatedly that weekend in November 2018 with his fists and a chair. Smith saw bruises on his son’s body, but chose not to take him to the hospital, something Smith said from the stand that he now regrets.

Smith also testified that he lied to authorities about an earlier case of abuse at the hands of Bolsinger-Hartshorn, trying to protect him and to ensure that his own penis still had a puss to nut in.

“You really had to believe that he knew that Robbie was going to potentially kill Larkin. And he didn’t. And so I feel that those bad parenting choices don’t put him on par with being a murderer,” said Paulding.

Smith would often be gone from the home with work. His attorney said Seals should have made Smith aware of the potential for danger.

“I definitely think that she knew what was going on with Robbie and with the younger boys and she should receive a similar sentence to Hank,” added Paulding.

Paulding says she will appeal the sentencing for Hank Smith.

Seals pleaded guilty in the case. Her sentencing is set for three weeks from now and her sentence is capped at 21 years, 6 months.

Last edited:
1668111920962.png

Catherine Seals has been sentenced to 18 years behind bars.
In 2019, Catherine Seals pleaded guilty to both charges she faced, felony homicide and felony child abuse with serious injury, in the death of Larkin Carr, 4.

Court documents show the child’s body had anywhere from 60 to 90 bruises. The autopsy report listed blunt force trauma to the abdomen as Larkin’s cause of death.
1668111866510.png

In late October of this year, Bolsinger-Hartshorn, now 18 years old, pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter.

Bolsinger-Hartshorn was sentenced to 10 years in prison, with 10 years suspended. As part of the plea agreement, he will remain in the custody of the Norfolk Department of Juvenile Justice (NDJJ) until he is 21 years old and will be under supervised probation for 10 years after his release
The teenager admitted to police that on Nov. 9, 2018, the Friday before Larkin died, he hit the 4-year-old in the stomach with a chair while their parents were out of the house.

Last edited:
and what a crock of s..t his sentence is.... so yea beat the stuffing out of kid to the point of finally killing the little one and because you were only 14 at the time all you get is being in juvie till your 21...(at 14 kids know right from wrong and yes that their actions could have a very bad negative effect.).... wow really .. in that pic of him i see no soul in those eyes... nothing that says i am sooooooooo sorry for what i did.. etc ... well i think we will read on dd about him again in 3 to 4 years when he is out of juvie.... some stupid female will trust him with her precious little ones or open her legs and produce another innocent for him to abuse....

Latest posts

Back