• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
I believe this story might be local to a member or two... ;)
I also feel a strong need to punch that look off this bitch's face.
2zyahd0.jpg

"A mother from New London is accused of leaving her young children alone, one of whom wandered outside into the cold, while she drove around the city smoking marijuana.

Rebecca Reyes, 23, was charged with risk of injury to a minor.

Police said Reyes originally dialed 911 early Friday morning to report that her 4-year-old daughter was missing.

She told them she put the child to bed around 12:30 a.m., along with her other two children, 2-year-old and 5-year-old. When she went to check on them around 3 a.m., her daughter was gone.

Police, along with help from the fire department and officers from Waterford, searched the area. At the time of the search, they said it was 3 degrees outside.

The five year old child told detectives she "got up to look for mommy and could not finder her. Mommy wasn't home."

Reyes eventually admitted she left her home around 2 a.m. with a friend, according to police. She said the children were alone while they drove around New London and smoked marijuana.

She told police that she returned around 3 a.m. and noticed that her 4-year-old was missing. She called police about 40 minutes later.

Police said they found the girl hunched in a neighbor's doorway. Though wearing a long sleeve T-shirt, pants and shoes, she was exposed to the cold weather.

"It could have turned into a real tragedy. They were able to get her in time and get her to the hospital," acting New London Police Chief Peter Reichart said.

Police said the 4-year-old girl was nearly unconscious with frost on her arms legs and back. Her body temperature had dropped to 92 degrees after being out in the elements for as long as two hours. The child was transported by ambulance to Lawrence and Memorial Hospital for hypothermia treatment."

Read more: http://www.wfsb.com/story/28158331/...er-drove-off-to-smoke-marijuana#ixzz3SQ6D7xqY

I'd seen this on the local news, and I'm glad you posted it because it had completely slipped my mind. My only comment is to say that having 3 kids already at the tender age of 23 says everything about her lack of intelligence and poor decision making. No further comments necessary. :D

Such a beautiful girl. Too bad it's three kids later and this insufferable bitch is trying to regain her pre-kid freedom at the expense of the lives of her children. The little one had visible frost on her body and her core temp was 92 degrees. At 92 degrees, most people have already been dead for a few hours. Poor baby(ies).

Hmmm... Put them to bed at 12:30 am?! And one child was straight up again moments later to have been out for hours when reported missing at 3am?

Mommy isn't very good with her time keeping as well as her Mommying. She left those kids/that home and was long gone a lotttttt earlier than 12:30am I think .

A New London mother who left her three young children home alone last winter while going out to smoke marijuana with a friend received a suspended prison sentence Friday, along with a strict warning from a judge that he would come down hard on her if she does not comply with the terms of her probation.

We’re going to gamble for the benefit of your kids,” Judge Kevin P. McMahon told Rebecca Reyes. Insert eye roll here. “If you mess up, you get five more years (of prison time).”

Reyes, 23, who was living at 163 Huntington St. when she was arrested on Feb. 20, had pleaded guilty in New London Superior Court to three counts of risk of injury to a minor. She faced up to a year in prison when she stood before McMahon for sentencing.

City police said they found Reyes’ 4-year-old daughter hunched in a neighbor’s doorway in the early morning hours, when the outside temperature was about 3 degrees.

Reyes served 40 days in prison before she was released to receive treatment and work with the Department of Children and Families on being reunified with her children, who had been removed from her custody.

Prosecutor Michael E. Kennedy recommended additional prison time for Reyes, while defense attorney William T. Koch Jr. argued that Reyes had done well with her rehabilitation and that a suspended sentence would be in the best interest of her and the children.

McMahon said he was leaning toward sending Reyes to prison before hearing from Koch, attorneys representing the children, a DCF social worker and relatives of Reyes. Victim Advocate LeeAnn Vertefuille read a statement from the victim’s father, Robert Santiago, who said Reyes is a great mother who used poor judgment that night. He said a prison sentence would be a setback for the reunification process.

Attorney Jean Park, one of two guardian ad litems appointed to act in the best interest of the children, told the judge she attended a visit with Reyes and the children and could see that they are “clearly bonded.”

She said Reyes does well under intensive supervision, but that within a year, DCF would likely drop out of the case.

“The risk to the kids is a risk to their emotional stability,” Park said. “But the risk they suffered that night was far more grave.”

The judge said he was convinced that Reyes had the right people behind her and there would be enough protection in place for the children.

While on probation, she will be monitored electronically and on a curfew. She will be prohibited from using drugs and will be subject to random drug tests and searches of her premises.

She is prohibited from associating with the person she was out with that night and with any drug users, drug dealers or convicted felons.

She is required to cooperate with the DCF and receive prior approval before having overnight guests.

“I don’t want to pick up the paper one day and read that something happened to one of your kids,” McMahon said. “You burn me on a case like this and I’ll come back at you bad.”

Reyes, crying, said she knows she “messed up.”

“I appreciate you giving me this opportunity,” she said. “I’m ready to do right by my kids.”

http://www.theday.com/policefirecou...d-sentence-probation-in-child-frostbite-case-

“I appreciate you giving me this opportunity,” she said. “I’m ready to do right by my kids.”

#1 - STOP HAVING THEM!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
it's pretty simple :shifty:

Back