• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Audrey Mattox, 61, of Galion was arraigned in Crawford County Common Pleas Court on Monday, on two charges in the indictment returned by the Crawford County Grand Jury.

Mattox was charged with one count of child endangerment and one count of tampering with evidence.

Mattox was the guardian of a four-month-old baby who she left in the care of Adam Gunter who currently is facing charges of rape of the infant. Mattox left the baby with Gunter while she went to karaoke.

Gunter recently was found competent to stand trial in the rape case.

If Mattox is found guilty on both counts, she could serve as many as six years in prison.

Adam Gunter, 39, of Galion, is accused of first-degree felony rape. His case involves a minor.

During was deemed competent to stand trial.

Judge Sean Leuthold found Gunter competent base on a District Five Diagnostic Center Psychological Evaluation and an additional evaluation performed by Dr. Fabian. Both evaluations netted the same conclusions about Gunter’s competency.

Stone told the court that while they did not oppose the declaration of competency, he wanted the right to address the issue of his client’s IQ during trial. Leuthold granted that request.

Gunter first answered to the rape charge in a December 2017 hearing. He is accused of placing his genitals in the mouth of a four-month-old infant. The child was taken to Galion Hospital as a result of a bleeding mouth. It was discovered that there was tissue damage under the tongue of the baby as well as burn marks around its neck as a result of either chemicals or scalding water.

The emergency department suspected sexual assault and proceeded with swab tests, one of which showed the baby testing positive for gonorrhea.

The victim was transferred to Children’s Hospital in Columbus for further care.

January 6, 2020
Adam Gunter currently housed at the Crawford County Justice Center, appeared in Crawford County Common Pleas Court with his attorney, Adam Stone, for a competence hearing.

Gunter faces one count of rape, a first-degree felony. He is accused of being engaged in sexual conduct with a four-month old infant. What The Fuck!

According to Common Pleas Court Judge Sean Leuthold, Gunter has had several psychological evaluations during the process which began in January 2018. Leuthold reviewed the reports of two psychiatrists before making his ruling.

According to the findings of a District Five Forensic Psychiatrist, Gunner slides in and out of competency. Per another psychiatrist who represents the Board of Developmental Disabilities, he could possibly be restored to competency with treatment and then be able to stand trial.

Leuthold ordered Gunter to be transferred to the Gallipolis Developmental Center in Gallipolis , Ohio for a four-month course of treatment to try to establish competency to stand trial.

“These are very serious charges. I am going to order a four-month course of treatment to restore Mr. Gunter’s competency,” Leuthold said. “He is under the jurisdiction of this court. I will review the report in four months and decide the next step. If he is competent, he will stand trial. If he is not restored to competency then I will order that he spend the rest of his life institutionalized.”

Last edited:
June 3, 2020
Adam Gunter, formerly of Galion but currently housed in the Gallipolis Developmental Center in Gallipolis, Ohio, appeared in Crawford County Common Pleas Court on Wednesday.

Gunter, 41, was charged with rape, a first-degree felony in 2018. His victim was an infant then four months old. According to charges, Gunter placed his penis in the infant’s mouth causing damage consistent with a sexual assault.
Due to the age of the victim, Gunter faced life in prison without the possibility of parole. Gunter, who is intellectually disabled, shared the home with two other disabled men. The woman in charge of the home left the infant in Gunter’s care while she went to listen to karaoke at a local Galion establishment.

Gunter’s attorney, Adam Stone, raised questions of competency on behalf of his client. At one point, Stone even made a motion for a change of venue for trial because of local press coverage.
Common Pleas Court Judge Sean Leuthold has had Gunter evaluated five different times. The last three of those evaluations agreed that Gunter was incompetent to stand trial and unable to assist in his own defense. Leuthold ordered Gunter sent to the Gallipolis Developmental Center for a four-month course of treatment to restore him to competency.

According to the findings of Dr. Kimble of the Gallipolis Center, it was not possible to restore Gunter to competency. He noted a history of intellectual disability and an IQ of 56 as factors. Kimble said that Gunter had deteriorated to the point of incompetency.

Leuthold was exacting in explaining the next steps for Gunter. Leuthold noted that there were no findings by the court of Gunter’s mental state at the time of the rape.

“Mr. Gunter has not been found innocent by reason of insanity. He has been found not competent to stand trial,” Leuthold said. “I am not permitted to proceed to trial in this case. However, the court can exercise jurisdiction over this matter.”

Leuthold explained that he had to determine clear and convincing proof of Gunter’s guilt in the matter. He noted that, while it does not bear the same burden as in a trial, he must determine if there is clear and convincing evidence that Gunter committed the crime.

Assistant prosecutor Ryan Hoovler submitted the Galion Police Department Report of the incident which included details of the injuries. While Leuthold did not read the report into the record, he noted there was an admission by Gunter to committing the act.

“The evidence is clear and convincing. The crime was committed. I cannot enter a guilty finding because this is not a trial,” Leuthold said. “There are several factors that support institutionalization. Mr. Gunter has a moderate level of developmental disability. He is a danger to himself and others. He was living in a home with two other gentlemen in similar situations. The person in charge of this house was so derelict in her duties that it is mind boggling. She left an infant with this man and two others in the house.”
Leuthold determined that Gunter would stay at the Gallipolis Developmental Center permanently.

“He will not be returned to the community. He will be in a lock-down facility and he will go nowhere unsupervised,” Leuthold said. “The court can keep him there for the remainder of his life.”

Leuthold said that if at some point Gunter is determined competent, he will still not walk free.

“If Mr. Gunter is found competent in the future, he will return to this jail and proceed through trial,” Leuthold said. “He doesn’t get to walk away from this crime if someone deems him competent.

“While I cannot proceed to trial, I can and did take steps to protect the defendant and the public. It is highly unlikely I’ll ever allow relaxed supervision under these circumstances.” Leuthold added.

The Gallipolis Developmental Center will provide ongoing reports to both the court and Stone. If there are any issues with Gunter, he will come back to Crawford County and face Leuthold.

What ever time the developmentally disabled man was suppose to get this bitch should have gotten.

Not knowing what this woman's relation is to the child I can only hope that she is never allowed to lay her eyes on that baby again.

Back