• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A grandmother was arrested on Tuesday in DeLand after a deputy saw her buy heroin with a 2-year-old child in the car.

An incident report from the Volusia County Sheriff's Office said that deputies observed 43-year-old Amy Moreland in a vehicle and purchasing narcotics from a dealer. A white substance near the driver's floorboard tested positive for opiates. Several illegal items were found in Moreland's possession, including a cut straw with residue on it and a clear plastic bag containing heroin.

Moreland was being arrested when she admitted to a deputy that she purchased a $20 bag of heroin. The incident report also stated that Moreland brought a 2-year-old along with her when purchasing the drugs. The child was seated behind the driver's seat during the purchase of the drugs.

Moreland was arrested for the possession of Heroin, possession of paraphernalia, and child neglect. The mother of the child was contacted and arranged for the pick up of her child.

"Grandma is out here buying dope with you. It's not good," the deputy could be heard saying to the 2-year-old in a video posted onto Twitter.

The deputy also is heard telling the grandmother that it is dangerous for the 2-year-old to even be near the drugs. He later identified the presence of enough fentanyl to kill somebody.

The Volusia County Sheriff's Office said this situation may seem "unthinkable to most of us, but addiction makes the unthinkable happen."

About a year before my MIL OD'd we stopped her from being with my kids because we were worried about this exact same thing. We'd be driving through some not so nice sections of town and my then 8yr daughter would say "there's Grandma's friend's house".

My grandmother was a pill popper & alcoholic .. when I told my parents grandma was sending me in buildings to see what women my grandfather was speaking to, how pretty they were, and that her driving really scared me .. that she grounded me for refusing to get in the car.. I wasn’t allowed around for awhile.. addiction is harsh.. I can remember her doing some really fucked up and mean things towards me at times.. I guess that’s why I was so adamant in my addiction about my kids not seeing that side. There were times I walked across the street to visit so I could do enough to calm and maintain but never in my house, never in their presence, never put them in danger, never rode dirty, and they were always safe and provided for on a bender.. I was never out long and I lived a double life not to embarrass them.. addiction comes from pain and only brings more pain.. there comes a time every addict has an that moment they realize they’re an addict.. you consciously choose where you go from there.. I chose to live.. the pain of what I was doing to my loved ones was more painful than the ones the drugs were numbing.. that and what kind of example is a junkie to any child

My grandmother told me to finish my cereal because of the starving children in India. I suggested we pack it up and send it to them.
Yep, I was also routinely told to finish my dinner because of children starving in India. I silently thought to myself what the fuck do I care about kids in India - I just didn't want to finish my dinner!

Back