• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
If he wouldn't have been breaking the law, none of this would have happened.

You're wrong about that ... I've been arrested with a shit ton of cocaine in my car with less violence/drama than this.

Once i went through a red light with a paddy wagon behind me ... (I treated it like a four way stop ... OMG I felt so stupid for it)

The cops started being a dink, so I rolled up my window and left (he knew why too) went home. and holy shit ... NO ONE DIED!

This murder occurred because this was a bad arrest .,.. the cop fucked up.

Choke holds were a big NO-NO in this detachment ... the officers got the memo, they knew, and here we are with a video

which clearly shows this man being taken down with a choke hold. And that what it comes down too ... the difference between a good

arrest and a bad one.

BUT----
Had Eric Gardner not been selling ciggies and bypassing the tax man, he wouldn't have been arrested, and therefore would not have been placed in a choke hold. I'm not saying that the police did things right or by the book, but the fact remains that if he hadn't have been breaking the law, non of it would have happened.

Cop tries to cuff you and you put up a fight you lose, cop can’t just walk away because you refuse to be arrested

When Pantaleo approached Garner from behind and attempted to handcuff him, Garner pulled his arms away, saying "Don't touch me, please."[25] Pantaleo then put Garner in a headlock or chokehold from behind. Chokeholds are prohibited by NYPD regulations.[26] Pantaleo then pulled Garner backward in an attempt to bring him to the ground;[27] in the process, Pantaleo and Garner slammed into a glass window, which did not break.[3] As Garner was being brought to the ground, other uniformed officers surrounded him, and Garner went to his knees and forearms and did not say anything for a few seconds. At that point, three uniformed officers and the two plainclothes officers had surrounded him.[3] After 15 seconds,[28] the video showed Pantaleo had removed his arm from around Garner's neck; Pantaleo then used his hands to push Garner's face[27] into the sidewalk.[29] Garner is heard saying "I can't breathe" eleven times while lying facedown on the sidewalk.[30] The arrest was supervised by a female African-American NYPD sergeant, Kizzy Adoni, who did not intercede.[31] Adoni was quoted in the original police report as stating, "The perpetrator's condition did not seem serious and he did not appear to get worse."[32]

BUT----
Had Eric Gardner not been selling ciggies and bypassing the tax man, he wouldn't have been arrested, and therefore would not have been placed in a choke hold. I'm not saying that the police did things right or by the book, but the fact remains that if he hadn't have been breaking the law, non of it would have happened.

Who cares what Eric did !!! I'm being serious here ... Eric broke the law and there are consequences for that, sometimes those consequences include being arrested. Never under any circumstances should a person end up dead during that everyday procedure.
Ultimately this isn't about what ERIC did ... its about the difference between a good arrest and a bad one.

Fighting arrest is never going to end well, sometimes it ends in death. I think there is fault on all sides here.

I totally disagree ... I've been arrested enough times to know the difference between a good arrest and a bad one. Even with resistance ... no one should be dying during the procedure. I would make an exception to this belief if Eric had pulled out a gun and threatened or shot at an officer ... but that isn not what happened here. This man is dead because an officer broke his own stations rules ... Did not not uphold his departments standards.

Generally, I totally agree. This was a very large man that took his own life into his own hands when he resisted. I'm an asthmatic, if I resist the police and have an asthma attack over it and die, it's on me

I'm sorry ... but if you started having an asthma attack during an arrest and the officer arresting you continued to use force instead of

helping you and you died ... I would hope that your family screamed it from the roof tops and never shut up about it.

No one should be dying during an arrest unless the person being arrested draws a weapon with a clear intent to harm the officer.

There should not be exceptions to this ... for the sake of us all ... NO!

*** I'm not anti -cop ... they have a tough job. And as far as Eric being on bail ... SO WHAT!

On a Monday (2005) ... i ended up with charges, got released with a court date ... Wednesday (same week) I ended up with charges,

and was released with a court date and a warning that sounded like this: If I see you again this week, you're going to be staying!

Guess what happened on Friday ???

I'll tell you what happened ... i ended up staying for 45 days.

Not one time did any of the officers arresting me ... beat me up for breaching my bail.

That 45 days I did ... that was on me.

These officers that killed this man are in the wrong ... and they should be held accountable.

Well if Eric wasn't wasn't hawking illegal cigarettes, is not a suitable explanation for this, and i would counter that argument with

If this officer followed his departments policy Eric would be alive. No choke holds is what it is ... its an order from high ups to

stop this practice. This officer should have followed his stations policy!

Nah, my Mom would be all "Criminals die doing criminal things stupid." and the siblings would let it go because I am a Conservative... :hilarious:

My point is getting arrested is an everyday thing for criminals ... making an arrest is an every day thing for police officers and I can speak from

personal experience, and so can lots of other criminals that there is a difference between a good arrest and a bad one.

I wont even tolerate an officer using profanity during contact ... I've been in situations where officers swore at me, and I reacted to it,

it sounded like this: I'm not swearing at you officer, what's your name ??? If you swear at me again ... I'm going to tell !!!

The look on his face ... like I could see the gears/wheels in his head spinning. He didn't respond by punching me in the face or even telling

me to shut the fuck up ... he adjusted and apologised, started acting like a professional.

My point is getting arrested is an everyday thing for criminals ... making an arrest is an every day thing for police officers and I can speak from

personal experience, and so can lots of other criminals that there is a difference between a good arrest and a bad one.

I wont even tolerate an officer using profanity during contact ... I've been in situations where officers swore at me, and I reacted to it,

it sounded like this: I'm not swearing at you officer, what's your name ??? If you swear at me again ... I'm going to tell !!!

The look on his face ... like I could see the gears/wheels in his head spinning. He didn't respond by punching me in the face or even telling

me to shut the fuck up ... he adjusted and apologised, started acting like a professional.
Apparently this guy got tired of being arrested considering it was like his 30th time and decided he was better off taking his own life

@lithiumgirl - We're going to have to do what Republicans and Democrats can't yet manage, agree to disagree. I find him partially if not equally responsible for his death. I have seen nothing to date that changes that. <3

I guess we'll see what happens in court ...

38 million was awarded to Corrine's family ... and she was holding a shot gun and shooting at officers when they killed her.

What it came down to was policy ... She was a sovereign citizen.

That officer should have walked away!

Apparently this guy got tired of being arrested considering it was like his 30th time and decided he was better off taking his own life

So what ... no one is disputing whether Eric was breaking the law, although it hasn't been proven that he was.

The issue is whether or not this officer broke his departments No Choke Hold policy and Eric dying because of it.

I'm not Anti -Cop ... i have the upmost respect for good cops.

No one should be dying during an everyday arrest.

Actually they didn't have any right to be at her house at all ... she was a sovereign citizen. They should have never charged her ... never went to her door about missing court.

She filled out a lot of paper work for that privileged and it should have been respected.

Last edited:
A sovereign citizen of what? Did she break traffic laws and not show up to court?

As a sovereign citizen she did not break any traffic laws because she is not bound by them. She was not required to show up for court.

The officer at her house did fuck up .. he should have left when she ordered him to. The administration also fucked up when they

did not instruct their officers in how to effectively confront someone with sovereignty.

What it comes down to is abuse of power ...

Last edited:
As a sovereign citizen she did not break any traffic laws because she is not bound by them. She was not required to show up for court.

WTF? Please tell me that you don't actually believe that 'sovereign citizen' rubbish. You don't get to decide for yourself which laws you wanna opt out of. Korryn Gaines was a child abuser, violent criminal and deserved a slower, more painful death than the one she got.

I'd like to know the demographics of the jury that awarded that ridiculous amount of money. I'll bet they were 12 racists, who didn't give a single fuck about anything like 'facts' and 'evidence'. The family should have gotten a bill for the ammo, not a multi-million dollar cheque.

Last edited:
WTF? Please tell that you don't actually believe that 'sovereign citizen' rubbish. You don't get to decide for yourself which laws you wanna opt out of. Korryn Gaines was a child abuser, violent criminal and deserved as slower more painful death that the one she got.

A 38 million dollar settlement says you're wrong about that ...

I personally think her anti -police tirade was vile ... the ideals she was teaching her children were wrong, but she had rights as a

sovereign citizen and those rights should have been respected.

A 38 million dollar settlement says you're wrong about that ...

I personally think her anti -police tirade was vile ... the ideals she was teaching her children were wrong, but she had rights as a

sovereign citizen and those rights should have been respected.

A settlement, that I assume was decided by a Baltimore jury, if you think it doesn't matter I'll refer you to People of State of California v. Orenthal James Simpson. And you mean 'tirades'. That bitch was on a suicide mission from the get go.

No. She did not have rights as a 'sovereign citizen'. It's not a real thing, it's bullshit perpetuated by charlatans. No legal argument has ever been accepted anywhere in North America based on the concept of a 'sovereign citizen'. It's stupidity on par with thinking that lizard people from Beta-Reticulai control the US government.

"Self-described "sovereign citizens" see themselves as answerable only to their particular interpretation of the common law and as not subject to any government statutes or proceedings. In the United States they do not recognize United States currency and maintain that they are "free of any legal constraints." I don't see how it applies quite frankly...

But they're not self described sovereign citizen ... she had documents to back it up. As a sovereign citizen she isn't bound by traffic laws,

she should have never been charged and she was not required to show up for court.

I don't know much about the boy friend, so I can't speak to that ... but i do know if an officer shows up at a sovereign citizens home and that sovereign citizen tells office to leave or is ordered off their property ... the officer has an obligation to leave. I'm NOT defending her choice of boyfriends here ...I'm defending her right to sovereignty, which she legally had.

Last edited:
No. She did not have rights as a 'sovereign citizen'. It's not a real thing, it's bullshit perpetuated by charlatans. No legal argument has ever been accepted anywhere in North America based on the concept of a 'sovereign citizen'.

You're wrong about all of that ... 38 million dollar settlement says so!

A settlement, that I assume was decided by a Baltimore jury, if you think it doesn't matter I'll refer you to People of State of California v. Orenthal James Simpson. And you mean 'tirades'. That bitch was on a suicide mission from the get go.

No. She did not have rights as a 'sovereign citizen'. It's not a real thing, it's bullshit perpetuated by charlatans. No legal argument has ever been accepted anywhere in North America based on the concept of a 'sovereign citizen'. It's stupidity on par with thinking that lizard people from Beta-Reticulai control the US government.
I really want to know who was on that jury:YOW::vomit:

I really want to know who was on that jury:YOW::vomit:

Why on earth would that make a difference ... and of course you glossed right over the fact that she had legal sovereignty.

Same as Eric had a right to be arrested according to the policy the officer was directed to follow, and not by some

cowboy who murdered him in the street

I've been reading up on this in between posts. Almost everything I find ends with "too bad, there's no such thing". The ones that don't are pushing a bad idea. I can't find anything that says it's an OK thing to do... Or anything that recognizes this as legal.

Its real ... its legal ... if you still have a doubt ... they gave her family 38 million dollars.

But they're not self described sovereign citizen ... she had documents to back it up. As a sovereign citizen she isn't bound by traffic laws,

she should have never been charged and she was not required to show up for court.

For someone who has been in legal trouble before, you have a frightening lack of knowledge about how law actually works. Think what you want, but maybe drop by your attorney's office, lay a hundred bucks on them and ask their opinion before you try this crap on a cop or judge.

Last edited:
I've been reading up on this in between posts. Almost everything I find ends with "too bad, there's no such thing". The ones that don't are pushing a bad idea. I can't find anything that says it's an OK thing to do... Or anything that recognizes this as legal.
Somehow they found a whole group of jurors that believe they are sovereign citizens, it’s the only explanation for the verdict :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Why on earth would that make a difference ... and of course you glossed right over the fact that she had legal sovereignty.

Same as Eric had a right to be arrested according to the policy the officer was directed to follow, and not by some

cowboy who murdered him in the street
I want to know Incase I ever kill anyone, I want those jurors, it’ll be like hitting the lotto

Latest posts

Back