• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
...I don't even know what the hell I'm going to say...*stunned silence*

@Whisper thank you for the repost on the video, but I had to stop watching...from his very first, muffled, strangled, terrified gasp, "I can't breathe..." Unfortunately, I've seen this, and more...working in a large jail and the Super Max prison for our state, but I've never...intervention always arrived (and subsequently, the firings & "Criminal Use of Force" charges) in time to pull the, um, "rogue" officer off the inmate they were..damn, it's hard to type through leaky eyes. But this? This was a gangland-style lynching. A fully sanctioned snuff film...I can't believe I just watched such a decent, innocent human being...being slowly murdered by a gang. Oxygen deprivation or heart attack, wtf does it matter (ref. article). Six kids and a wife...Anyone who's read my "bad cop" rant already knows how I feel about them. Just thank the PTB for cell cams...Gawd, the death of an innocent husband, father of six, son, brother, uncle, cousin, breaking up a fight and being murdered by not one, but a gang of "Peace Officers" for it, indelibly etched in real-time for all time...I hope they make this a mandatory LEO training film. The f**king little Barney Fife, security "Rent-A-Puke" couldn't arrest him, and it's so obvious the victim was walking away when the real 5-0 showed up. Well, they sure showed up, didn't they? I feel sick.

Last edited:
Excuses my ignorance on cigarette sellers, I don't really understand too much except...

Oh shit I just Googled the prices and according to http://www.theawl.com/2013/07/what-a-pack-of-cigarettes-costs-now-state-by-state

The cheapest cigarettes are in Ky at $4.96 and the most expensive are in NY at $14.50!!

So I take it that these people buy from somewhere like KY and sell them in NY, while I know it's illegal I don't understand why that warranted all those cops on that man or why that one cop put his knee on his neck.

Did they even have probable cause for an arrest?

Four emergency workers at scene of Eric Garner chokehold tragedy put on modified duty, Rev. Al Sharpton asks, ‘have we gotten so cold?’
After the chokehold tragedy, the Fire Department takes action. Sharpton said at historic Riverside Church, ‘None of them said, ‘let’s stop. He can’t breathe.’’
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...d-tragedy-put-modified-duty-article-1.1873800
Sharpton = media whore.

I hope he doesn't lose focus of who the victim is.

When they found the Fullerton police innocent of murdering Kelly Thomas DESPITE video proof, it set a precedent. Unfortunately you will be seeing more and more of this since the police know they have a free pass.

EXCLUSIVE: Internal NYPD report on incident with Staten Island dad Eric Garner does not mention chokehold, states he was not 'in great distress'
Supervising officers who were interviewed after Eric Garner's death failed to mention the chokehold and told investigators that 'the perpetrator's condition did not seem serious,' a preliminary report obtained by the Daily News shows. A recording captures officers violently taking down Garner on Thursday as he cries that he can't breathe.
See no evil, hear no evil.

Cops heard Eric Garner cry that he couldn’t breathe, a recording captured officers violently taking him to the ground and even Mayor de Blasio said he believes the asthmatic father of six was put in a chokehold.

But an NYPD internal report prepared right after his death on Staten Island
[...]
plays down the incident, with supervising officers failing to note the chokehold and insisting Garner was not in “great distress.”

Sgt. Dhanan Saminath told interviewers that the 43-year-old cigarette peddler was in cuffs with cops “maintaining control of him” and that he “did not appear to be in great distress,” the preliminary report .
[...]
Sgt. Kizzy Adonis told investigators probing the death that “the perpetrator’s condition did not seem serious and that he did not appear to get worse.”

Despite those words, Adonis also said she “believed she heard the perpetrator state that he was having difficulty breathing,”
[...]
A witness who talked to investigators told of a more violent scene.

Taisha Allen, 36,
[...]
she saw the two officers take Garner “by the arms and put him on the ground” and that he “struck his head and shoulder on the ground and was telling the officers he couldn’t breathe.”

She also said an officer in a green shirt — Daniel Pantaleo — “had his knee on Mr. Garner’s back and was ordering him to put his hands behind his back.” He’s the officer who appears to put Garner in a chokehold
[...]
Even from Italy, de Blasio said he was fairly sure what transpired.

“As an individual who’s no expert in law enforcement, it looked like a chokehold to me,” de Blasio
[...]
He said he didn’t want to comment on what he thought should happen to the officers involved.

“I ... emphasize that you need a full investigation, because all sides need to be heard and all evidence looked at,”
[...]
Garner’s mother, Gwen Carr, 65, told
[...]
she’s relieved there were recordings so cops couldn’t cover up what happened.

“I don’t want him to have died in vain,”
[..]
“As people see, it’s just a godsend that we have the video. Just look at the tape.”
Carr said she wants those responsible thrown in jail “just as they would had given my son if the shoe was on the other foot.”

Carr, heartbroken by her son’s death, also questioned why none of the cops or rescue workers on hand attempted CPR.

“It’s just a lack of humanity,”
[...]
“That’s what it was. He was nothing to them, but he was our people. He was just a big guy on the street.”

Witnesses
[...]
investigators that Garner, who weighed 350 pounds, had just broken up a dispute when cops arrived and accused him of passing a cigarette to someone.

Garner denied that he was illegally selling smokes as he struggled with the cops,
[...]
A source said the cops had to use three sets of handcuffs to secure Garner. He was then loaded onto a stretcher and at some point, went into cardiac arrest
[...]
A police source said cops found four full packs and one partial pack of Newports on Garner, who had a long history of selling untaxed cigarettes.

Pantaleo’s gun and shield were taken away and he and Officer Justin Damico were both put on desk duty pending the results of an internal investigation
[...]
Two EMTs and two paramedics have been suspended without pay, according to a Richmond University Medical Center spokeswoman. A source identified the EMTs as Nicole Palmeri and Stephanie Greenberg.

The internal NYPD report also points out that Damico, Pantaleo and two other cops were prevented from being interviewed for the preliminary report because of a possible criminal investigation.
The video shows at least a half dozen cops at the scene moments after the takedown.
[...]
The NYPD prohibited the use of chokeholds in 1993. The city’s independent police watchdog has substantiated 10 chokehold cases filed against cops since 2009, but little has happened to the officers involved
[...]
In one of the cases, the cop accused of putting a person in a chokehold lost up to 10 vacation days, records from the Civilian Complaint Review Board show.
[...]
the department declined to discipline the officers, and in three cases, cops received “instructions,” or retraining. In another case, the cop retired before he could be disciplined, and the three remaining cases are pending, the records show.

About 24 hours after the incident, Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said that it appeared that Garner was put in a chokehold.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...sland-dad-mention-chokehold-article-1.1875221

With a little more news footage Al sharpton & Jesse Jackson should be showing up any day now......I'm sure their peckers are rock hard over this.

With a little more news footage Al sharpton & Jesse Jackson should be showing up any day now......I'm sure their peckers are rock hard over this.
Let the media-whoring circus begin...

These criminals in unifom need to be fired, not put on paid leave but actually fired, and criminally charged, BUT the Reverend Al and Jesse turn everything into a damn media circus.

Let the media-whoring circus begin...

These criminals in unifom need to be fired, not put on paid leave but actually fired, and criminally charged, BUT the Reverend Al and Jesse turn everything into a damn media circus.

Judge...jury...executioner...much?

Every chance I get. :p

But in this case I said they need to be without pay and criminally charged which would subject them to the judge and jury, from there those nice folks won't need my opinion.

They shouldn't be paid because some morbidly obese career criminal had a heart attack?

So...you are saying that poor black people are too stupid to eat anything but McDonalds? How very condescending of you.

No, I am saying that wholemeal bread is more expensive than the white toast "bread" that poor people buy because they can get three or four loaves for the same price, that free-range, organic meat it more expensive than the factory-bred, growth-hormone-filled swill that passes for meat in parts of the US, and that fresh fruit and veg doesn't keep nearly as well as the tinned stuff you can get at the food pantry, so there is more wastage and poor people with six kids do without the vitamins and roughage. Also, did you know that factory-bred chickens are 30% fat because of the way they are fed? Chicken used to be lean meat and rather healthy, but you would need a free-range, found-it's-own-dinner-in-the-wild chicken to get the 7% fat-content that led to chicken being suggested as the "lean" choice in meats.

Is that condescending enough for you?

No, I am saying that wholemeal bread is more expensive than the white toast "bread" that poor people buy because they can get three or four loaves for the same price, that free-range, organic meat it more expensive than the factory-bred, growth-hormone-filled swill that passes for meat in parts of the US, and that fresh fruit and veg doesn't keep nearly as well as the tinned stuff you can get at the food pantry, so there is more wastage and poor people with six kids do without the vitamins and roughage. Also, did you know that factory-bred chickens are 30% fat because of the way they are fed? Chicken used to be lean meat and rather healthy, but you would need a free-range, found-it's-own-dinner-in-the-wild chicken to get the 7% fat-content that led to chicken being suggested as the "lean" choice in meats.

Is that condescending enough for you?

Or....the fellow was just a greedy, stupid, irresponsible pig.

Yes considering Fat Albert's heart attack occurred directly after their choke hold, they shouldn't get a paycheck until it is all sorted out.

Ach! Unsinn! So...if you are accused of some malfeasance at your place of work, you should not get paid until it is all sorted out? What if this process takes two years and then you are exonerated? You should lose your home in order to satisfy the blood lust of a mob?

Yes, if I am involved in the death of someone at my current job I should not be paid until an investigation clears or indicts me.

In all honesty, the rate the system works in the US, people could be ruined while they wait to be exonerated......

In all honesty, the rate the system works in the US, people could be ruined while they wait to be exonerated......
I do agree, in all honesty I'm just going back and forth because it's with Pete and it's kind of an honor to be quoted by Pete.:)

Our system sucks but it's the only one that we have, and we can all sit back and point out the flaws in any justice system, no country has it right. But in this case we are talking about cops caught on camera doing this, a preliminary investigation should be completed quite quickly, honestly a matter of days to a week and for that period the cops should be without pay. From there, I don't know.:shrug:

The officers are not dead, and they should have their day in court.

P.S. I didn't realise that obesity and/or poverty was now a death penalty offence?

Well...he wasn't executed. He weighed over three-hundred pounds and suffered a cardiac arrest upon being detained on suspicion of criminal activity. The deceased had three cases pending in court, and was arrested while on bail for selling untaxed cigarettes. It does not seem beyond the realm of understanding that an obese man might suffer a cardiac arrest in such a situation. It is hardly an execution.

Back