• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
rh63ab.jpg

A 400-pound asthmatic Staten Island dad died Thursday after a cop put him in a chokehold and other officers appeared to slam his head against the sidewalk, video
[...]
shows.

“I can’t breathe! I can’t breathe!” Eric Garner, 43, repeatedly screamed after at least five NYPD officers took him down in front of a Tompkinsville beauty supply store when he balked at being handcuffed.
[...]
moments Garner, a married father of six children with two grandchildren, stopped struggling and appeared to be unconscious as police called paramedics to the scene. An angry crowd gathered, some recording with smartphones.

“When I kissed my husband this morning, I never thought it would be for the last time,” Garner’s wife, Esaw,
[...]
She got no details from police until after she had gone to the hospital to identify his body,
[...]
I saw him with his eyes wide open and I said, ‘Babe, don’t leave me, I need you.’ But he was already gone,”
[...]
A family friend searching for her in the hospital ran into detectives from the NYPD’s Internal Affairs Division. The friend put them on the phone with her, the grieving widow said.

She spoke with a Detective Howard, who told her, “I’m sorry for your loss,” she said. He said his office was involved “because there is wrongdoing,”
[...]
Police officials said Garner had a history of arrests for selling untaxed cigarettes. Cops said they observed him selling his wares Thursday
[...]
and moved in for an arrest.
An NYPD spokesman would only say the man “was being placed in custody, went into cardiac arrest and died” at Richmond University Medical Center.

But Esaw Garner and other family members said it was a trumped up claim.

“They’re covering their asses, he was breaking up a fight. They harassed and harassed my husband until they killed him,”
[...]
Garner’s family said he didn’t have any cigarettes on him or in his car at the time of his death.

She said she pleaded with police at the hospital to tell her what happened, but they brushed her off.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/staten-island-man-dies-puts-choke-hold-article-1.1871486
I couldnt watch the whole thing

Absolutely sickening. The guy was not aggressive or dangerous, there was no reason to even put him in any kind of hold. And they definitely should have stopped after he said he couldn't breathe.
I'm glad this was filmed so the family can get some justice.

I'm not justifying the cops either, they obviously went too far. The man should have complied however, when they told him to turn around and cuff up. Sure, the victim knew he wasn't doing what he's been caught doing before (selling cigarettes), but the cops didn't know that either. Sometimes you have to suck up your pride and play the thing out. There were witnesses who saw him break up a fight (probably video), so it could have been handled a whole lot better on both sides. And as @Krystal said, cops and medical workers hear, "I can't breath" all the time. If you are talking, you are breathing.

******Disclaimer: I'm NOT justifying the cops actions**********

We were taught in EMT class that if they can talk to us then they can breath just fine.
I was always taught that, but only if you suspect if someone is choking, if they can talk don't use the Heimlich maneuver.

All those bastards were on a power trip, surely they had to have known he wasn't going to run far.

From the article. The cops are murderers, bottom line, I was just pointing out what emergency workers are taught, at least in New York.

My girlfriend fucked her husband right into a heart attack (i know) .....he could talk, but just barely....he said things like Don't fucking touch me when she patted his arm and told him every thing would be okay....he lived...but then again five cops weren't in the bed room with them....no cop was pressing his head in to the concrete while he was in distress.

Staten Island DA looking into death of dad of six after NYPD cop put him in chokehold during sidewalk takedown — EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
'My office is working along with the NYPD to do a complete and thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding Mr. Garner's death,' said District Attorney Daniel M. Donovan Jr. in a statement about the chokehold death of Eric Garner during an arrest.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...da-man-death-nypd-chokehold-article-1.1871946

He should of just complied maybe he would still be alive, but idk what they were really arresting him for, but anyway does that dd on the back of those dudes shirts in the video stand for "dick dept"

The way he was coughing his words out means to me, who by the way used to be asthmatic until I grew out of it, that he was having an attack. This shit goes on way too many times.

We were taught in EMT class that if they can talk to us then they can breath just fine.

Asthma isn't about volume of air, it's about the ability to process the air. COPD is more about volume.

I watched the video. . . . .:( . . . . .and I think maybe I'm just really emotional today for some reason. I cried. . . AGAIN. . . .I think I'm done reading already for the day. Have a good night everyone. . . . be back tomorrow hopefully.

I can talk (not well) when I'm having an asthma attack, although it feels like I'm dying.

I can talk (not well) when I'm having an asthma attack, although it feels like I'm dying.
I have asthma and its the worst feeling in the world when you cant breathe
those cops should know by now all the people that have died from cops leaning on their heads and chests in the past few years
why arent they being trained that piling on top of these people is whats killing them
they resist you use your damned taser you dont pile 4 people on top of the guy including one kneeling on his head into the pavement then get paid leave until it blows over then your back on the damn job to do it again
Wasnt New York known as the worst and deadliest police force up until few years ago
shooting unarmed people
raping a guy with a night stick???

http://newsone.com/52521/officers-indicted-for-raping-man-with-baton/
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...HuIuVvAFhzyqprpADlr0ubw&bvm=bv.71198958,d.aWw

Eric Garner tragedy brings back pain, loss to mother of another chokehold victim
‘It brings up everything like it was yesterday,’ says Iris Baez, whose son Anthony died on Dec. 22, 1994, when a routine arrest went tragically wrong.
rs4nee.jpg
The details were all too heartbreakingly familiar to Iris Baez: The outnumbered victim. The chokehold. The motionless body on the ground.

“It brings up everything like it was yesterday,” said Baez, whose son Anthony died on Dec. 22, 1994, when a routine arrest escalated into tragedy outside their Bronx home.

“It brings up so much of the wound and it opens up everything all over again. This heartbreak keeps happening.”

Baez spoke Saturday
[...]
just two days after the death of Eric Garner, 43, when a Staten Island policeman wrapped a forearm around his throat.

“They keep on doing the same thing as before,”
[...]
“Like they can do anything they want.”

Anthony Baez — an asthmatic, like Garner — was tossing a football with his brothers just three days before Christmas when the pigskin accidentally hit a nearby police car.

Baez stepped in when police grabbed his kid brother, and was mortally injured as cops tried to arrest him for disorderly conduct.

The family charged that two cops choked Anthony unconscious, and then left him lying in the street for 10 minutes before taking him to a hospital.
He was dead on arrival.
[...]
“This young man didn’t kill himself,” Baez said of Garner. “They put an illegal chokehold on him ... he was clearly (saying), ‘I can’t breathe! I can’t breathe!’”

While five officers were involved in the Garner case, Anthony Baez was subdued by a half-dozen cops.

The horrors of that December day are never far off for Iris Baez — she still lives in the same home on Anthony Baez Pl., renamed to honor the memory of her lost son.

The officer charged in Anthony’s death was acquitted of criminally negligent homicide. Iris Baez hopes history doesn’t repeat itself in court.

“They have to bring someone to justice, because they committed a crime,” she said. “I say the officer who choked him should get 25 to life.
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ain-mother-chokehold-victim-article-1.1872979

I suffer from asthma and can talk just fine. I wss literally delerious one time, talking in circles and giggling, at the hospital where my O2 levels measured 90%. Yes, I was admitted and don't remember much.

BRRRRRREAKING NNNNNNNNEWS (In the TMZ guys voice)

Cop who used chokehold on Eric Garner stripped of shield, gun as new video shows police went through pockets of victim while he was unresponsive

NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo, caught on another video putting Garner in a chokehold, was assigned to work desk duty. A new clip posted Saturday shows an apparently lifeless Garner, whose head droops to the side as at least eight cops stand nearby or empty his pockets.
30931vb.jpg
The eight-year NYPD veteran officer who was caught on video putting a Staten Island man in a chokehold has been stripped of his gun and his shield.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo was placed on modified duty Saturday as cops and the Staten Island district attorney investigated the case.
[...]
omes after a shocking new video shows Eric Garner, lying handcuffed and unresponsive on a sidewalk, received zero medical help from cops who instead just emptied his pockets.

The seven-minute clip posted Saturday on YouTube shows an apparently lifeless Garner, whose head droops to the side as at least eight cops stand nearby.

“C’mon guy,” one cop says
[...]
the only thing on the video that suggests any of the officers was trying to help the man. “Breathe in, breathe out.”

But Garner, lying on his side with his eyes closed, doesn’t move at all — even when the officer slaps him on the shoulder. The side of his head remains flat against the concrete, and his eyes never open.
[...]
one point, another officer is seen taking a cell phone and a pack of cigarettes from 43-year-old Garner’s pants.

Even after the arrival of an EMT four minutes into the video, no medical aid is provided to Garner. He’s instead just loaded onto a stretcher and wheeled off.
[...]
Pantaleo is shown standing a few feet away chatting amiably with a uniformed colleague.

Near the end of the clip, he gives a satiric wave to the person shooting the second video.

Officer Justin Damico, on the force four years, was also pulled off the street — but was not forced to turn in his badge or his weapon.

Outside his home Saturday, an infuriated woman screamed at reporters.

“Get off my f------ property! F------ retards!”
[...]
One picture of me and I’ll sue you!”
[..]
One source said the likely cause of death will be a heart attack, although other factors — including the illegal takedown of Garner — “will probably go down as contributing.”

Either way, Police Commissioner Bill Bratton was irate after getting a look at the video from the Thursday afternoon tragedy near the Staten Island ferry terminal
[...]
The investigation will determine in part whether the cops were justified in their decision to jump Garner — and one source indicated they were not.

“Tactically, very little was done right,” the source said. “The first two cops (Pantaleo and Damico) didn’t engage Garner . . . They appear to know him. Do something to put him at ease.”

A sergeant caught standing nearby in the video could be nailed for “failure to supervise,”
[...]
Garner’s devastated wife Esaw collapsed in the arms of her family with a piercing wail Saturday at a Harlem rally organized by the Rev. Al Sharpton.

“Oh my God!” she shouted
[...]
The widow, along with Garner’s mother, daughter, and sister, sobbed loudly as Sharpton demanded justice for the family and the late father of six.

“There is no justification at all on this chokehold,”
[...]
. “And there is clearly no reason, when a man is saying ‘I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe,’ that you maintain this chokehold.”

Mayor de Blasio spoke on the phone with Esaw Garner and the dead man’s mother Gwen Carr.
much more at link
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...saw-overcome-sharpton-rally-article-1.1873033

Last edited:
BRRRRRREAKING NNNNNNNNEWS (In the TMZ guys voice)

Cop who used chokehold on Eric Garner stripped of shield, gun as new video shows police went through pockets of victim while he was unresponsive

NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo, caught on another video putting Garner in a chokehold, was assigned to work desk duty. A new clip posted Saturday shows an apparently lifeless Garner, whose head droops to the side as at least eight cops stand nearby or empty his pockets.
30931vb.jpg
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...saw-overcome-sharpton-rally-article-1.1873033

This was murder!! The video was horrifying. He didn't do anything to deserve being put in a chokehold and definitely didn't do anything deserving of death. I used to respect the police, for the most part. Lately, I'm starting to really believe that most cops are just power hungry criminals. The man died for selling untaxed cigarettes, whether that day or sometime in his past. Basically, these government employees killed the man because they weren't getting a cut of his profits. The only reason MJ is still illegal in most places is because our good-for-nothing government is too goddamn greedy to legalize something they can't fully control and tax the hell out of. I'm about ready to jump ship and move with my family to Switzerland, become expats. The US is fucked.

Back