• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I have never posted a story before if I do this wrong , I apologize if so but this just happened in my apartment complex. No one claims they so anything 22 rounds fired. I saw this little guy every day so awful.

PEORIA, Ill., The community gathered for a vigil Tuesday in memory of 4-year-old Jeremiah Ward who was shot and killed the evening of May 13.
Peoria Police Chief Loren Marion III said at approximately 5:42 p.m., police responded to a ShotSpotter alert of 22 rounds fired, with 19 shell casings found. Upon arrival, police found two victims at the Lincoln Terrace Apartments, 2825 W. Ann St.
One of the victims, 4-year-old Jeremiah Ward, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to an area hospital. He was pronounced dead just after 6:30 p.m., Peoria County Coroner Jamie Harwood said.
No mother wants to bury her child. Ward's mother cried the entire vigil and was consoled by several members of the community.
Now, all the family wants is to find the person who took Ward's life.
"Yesterday was one of the saddest days in history," Peoria City Councilwoman Rita Ali said.
Chief Marion was asked why he thought people were withholding information.
"Why they are? I don't know. I wish I could answer that." Marion said. "When you have a four-year-old injured and dead why anyone would withhold information? I have no idea."
Ward's loved ones are calling for an end to the violence.
"How can you sit there and look at yourself in the mirror knowing you done killed a baby, you killed a baby," said one person who attended the vigil.
Ali urges the community to be strong and come forward with any information they have.
"To the person that's responsible...your soul is never going to be at peace until you take responsibility for Jeremiah's death," Ali said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone began to fire on the vehicle moments later in what Marion said was a targeted shooting aimed at the driver of the vehicle, a 23-year-old man.

Peoria County Coroner Jamie Harwood said Ward was shot twice in the back and once in the arm. He died of massive internal bleeding at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center a short time later, Harwood said. Harwood said he believes the shots were fired from a distance.

The 23-year-old driver of the vehicle was known to police, Marion said. He was shot in the leg and taken to the hospital. The child’s mother was also in the vehicle. Another passenger in the vehicle fled the scene and is wanted for questioning, Marion said.

https://week.com/news/breaking-news...d-boy-shot-3-times-in-south-peoria-crossfire/
Post automatically merged:

The killing, he said, appeared to be an ambush. The driver was the intended target of the shooting, the chief said. There was a person who was in the back seat who fled. Marion said his officers are looking for that person to question him.

Jeremiah, it appears, had left the vehicle and was walking to the apartment when he turned around and walked back to the car. It was then that he was struck fatally.

https://www.pjstar.com/news/20190514/this-violence-has-to-stop

Last edited:
I live in Peoria Illinois as well....this shit blows my mind ...its only getting worse ...and it looks like this situation was gang related for sure but also something weird as well like they know what happened and they need to speak up ....I feel like war is going to break out over this and nobody's speaking BC of retaliation but the violence just needs stop ....I'm moving out of state in 30 days Peoria is going downhill I don't feel safe raising my 3 year old son here

Latest posts

Back