• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Beatings were a regular occurrence for Ja'Haad Wood after his family moved in with his mother's new boyfriend.

The autopsy couldn’t confirm if Ja’Haad’s many injuries — 53 separate blunt force injuries, a lacerated liver and scrapes and bruises in various stages of healing — caused his death in July 2015.

But there didn't appear to be anything else that could have caused the otherwise healthy 4-year-old to not wake up one day, according to the autopsy.

Steele is set to be sentenced June 10 for second-degree child abuse. He initially was charged with first-degree child abuse, but took a plea deal in early April.

The medical examiner could not determine Ja’Haad’s manner of death, part of the reason Steele could not be charged with Ja'Haad's murder.

Ja'Haad's mother, then-23-year-old Jessica Wood and Steele met in May 2015, just two months before Ja’Haad’s death, according to a Child Protective Services petition to terminate Wood’s parental rights.

While Wood worked, Steele, then 35, stayed home to watch the kids. He saw himself as the disciplinarian of the house and would often “whoop” the kids, according to the CPS report.

When reached for comment over Facebook messenger, Wood said she was not ready to talk about her son. She did, however, say Steele did not kill Ja'Haad.

For punishment, Steele often used the “belt, wall sits or a military time out,” according to the CPS report. When he used the belt, he would “tear that butt and them legs up...They get to jumping and flipping,” Steele told police in an interview after Ja’Haad’s death, according to the CPS report.

The autopsy report detailed bruising across Ja'Haad's body, scars and bruises on his face and lips and cuts on his thighs. His back was covered with scarring and bruises, as well as multiple loop marks from the belt Steele told police he used to discipline the kids, according to court records.

Steele had not been happy with Ja'Haad the day before his death, according to court records. He's texted Wood on July 26: "Ja'Haad been trying me all day. I’m about to beat his (expletive) again."

Ja'Haad's younger brother told Steele the 4-year-old had stolen SpaghettiOs off his plate, according to court records. Steele let Ja’Haad finish his meal, then “whooped” him seven or eight times, Steele told police, according to CPS records.

He made Ja’Haad go stand in the corner to finish his punishment. The boy told Steele he had to go to the bathroom, and on his way there, he threw up several times.

Steele told Ja’Haad to get back to the corner. Ja’Haad refused. “Who you telling no?” Steele said. He hit him again with the belt, according to CPS records, and put him back in the corner.

As Ja’Haad stood there, he began to fall asleep against the wall, something the kids were not allowed to do, according to CPS records. Steele pulled Ja’Haad away from the wall and for the third time that afternoon, hit him several times.

Ja’Haad slept on and off the rest of the afternoon and evening and threw up several more times, according to CPS records. Wood tried to talk to him when she came home from work, Steele told police, but Ja’Haad threw up several more times.

Wood, however, told police she didn’t notice anything unusual that night about Ja’Haad and saw no sign that he was sick, according to CPS records.

When Steele went to wake the kids up the next morning, he picked him up, and fluid came out of his mouth. Steele woke Wood up, saying: “Baby baby get up. Something wrong with Ja’Haad. He’s face down his body’s cold. Call the ambulance.”

Wood was confused at first. Then she asked: “What you do to my baby?”

I thought this was posted- if anyone finds an original thread please report

The medical examiner should think about a new career.
Totally!!! Makes you wonder if he was paid off, threatened, or just a total incompetent moron.
@Brillig

The brother who told on Ja'haad for stealing SpaghettiOs from his plate is going to need counseling.

I could see the mom blaming him for Ja'haad's death and forgiving the baby killer.

I know this isn’t cool of me, and I’m in no way blaming SpaghettiO Boy for his brother’s actual death, but come on , the little dude had to know his brother was going to get a beating. My siblings and had an unspoken pact never to tell our dad anything against each other and he was just a scary screamer. But I agree, he needs counseling, at the very least. Unfortunately, I don’t think anything less than a complete memory wipe (compliments of MIB) is going to suffice.

Last edited:
@Satanica
Orlando Steele has been sentenced to more than 16 years in prison for the death of 4-year-old Ja’Haad Wood.

Steele told the judge he didn’t intend to kill his stepson. He said he was trying to discipline an undisciplined child.

“This whole ordeal has been a tragedy from the beginning,” Steele said. “I know I’m not the best father, but I’m trying.”

And why in holy hell wasn’t the mother charged? And wtf is up with him calling that child his stepson? He met the pos mom 2 months before he killed that little boy. I get that term fiancé is a joke and just means latest live in Fuck to trash like this but isn’t stepson a legal term?

Jesus wept! Horrible sad, the female bio unit knew they were being beaten , she described it in all its damning detail! It’s a miscarriage of justice if she is not tried in his death and the abuse of the other children! So many times a true interest in the child loving them and gaining their trust gets far better results than a “whoopin”. He’s a big man for beating the little boy , lacerating his liver causing bruises cuts and scars, I hope all of his fellow prison mates know exactly what he did to that little boy! That sad look he has, Pooh on him, the time for him to have a sad look on his face is before he put his hands on a 4 year old boy, then he tries to make excuses for himself. Enjoy yourself in the lockup, I hope his cell mates use him as a beating bag!

Back