• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Welcome to D'D, everyone. :hello:

So, I don't know about the mom being in on the baby's disappearance, but it seems to me like she could have used a much better picture for the Amber Alert. It's at an odd angle and it only shows about half of her face. When you compare that picture to other pictures it seems like a completely different baby.

Im going to have to look it up b/c I saw it on my news(this is right by us)
They are now turning to the mom as a suspect
I said to my hsuband the first day we saw her on news "shes talking about her in past tense saying god mustve wanted her,its all up to god now" etc,etc
...t
Yes, this bothered me to. I'm trying VERY hard to keep an open mind on this one....Caylee is still so raw in my heart.

Last edited:
Yeah theres been something about mom since day 1
And in the same interview they said "baby kate hasnt been tested yet to see if its the guys child or not"
2 year old is his but they dont know for sure the baby is b/c dna hasnt been done yet
So moms been with a few then if they need to test him

You just gave ME a good reason to seem 'off'. She's got another kiddo. You can't dissolve and drop everything and be a weepy mess on TV if you have another child that you're trying to keep things semi-stable for. If it were me, I would be hanging onto every single day to day normalcy thing for my other little one and telling her that her little sister would be back soon, don't worry, see mommy's not worrying, it will all be all right.

Faulting her for having 'been with a few' is kinda fucked up. I've read that they had been on the rocks and she was seeing someone else. They had a reconciliation, she ended up pregnant. He wanted a DNA test JUST to be sure. I can see that as reasonable behavior on both parts. (Well, cept for the whole no birth control thing. That's just stupid.)

Well, I'll reserve judgement for a bit until we know more, but we all are painfully aware that mothers do kill their children. Recent events prove they sometimes get away with it too.

I don't have a really good feeling about this at all.

**ETA: A horrible thought, but I have a godawful feeling that since the murdering mom got off in Florida, there's going to be a great increase in missing/dead/never to be found babies and kids now. You know, follow the trend and all.

Last edited:
I agree that there is far more to this situation. The mother has started her own fundraising campaign. Typically you don't do that yourself. That throws up a red flag for me. Just too many questions. Yes she took a lie detector test, but those are inadmissible to court because they are not 100% accurate and people do beat them. Look at the Susan Smith case. They had to give her multiple lie detector exams. It was only after the Sheriff pointed out a discrepancy in her story about a signal light that she finally confessed. She had the whole nation fooled. She was on tv daily, crying as well. She drove her own car into a lake and drowned her sons. I am not saying Ariel killed her baby. I am just saying there are too many things about what she is saying and what Sean is "not" saying that don't add up. I am not getting a good feeling about this case at all.

Just saw on another board(posted by a friend or cousin) that MOM (who has been raising funds) is sporting new clothes and a new cell phone...among other things....

Hello Everyone,

So...I have been holding it in on other post's but I need to get it out there....I think that the mother is very suspect in this case...this is why:

1. While she posted photo's on other days throughout June, there was a massive upload of mobile photo's on 06-28 ...the day before the baby went missing....this to me seems weird...almost as if she knew her phone was going to come up missing.

2. She is overly calm in every new's interview I have seen and still stands behind him being a "good man" , a "good father", and a "good person" ....he took her child.........how does that make him a "good" anything?!?!

3. Where did she call the police from??? She had a new phone one interview stated....how do you get a phone and get it activated so fast??? This makes zero sense.......unless...again she knew that there was going to be a need for a new phone. In one interview she said that she tried calling Sean and he didn't answer and that's when she knew somthing was up......OK....if she "called" him.......HOW???? In the 15 mins that it took her to call the police, she produced another phone, got it activated, called Sean "several times" and then called the police??? This seems a little impossible to me.....just sayin.

4. Where was Hayley?? In NONE of the interviews that I have seen have I heard where Hayley was...why wasn't she with them? seems a lil convienient to me. Why did HE have custody of Hayley?? None of this is being revealed to the public...for what reason??

6. On her facebook she is laughing it up with different friends about being one being drunk/hung over in the T.V. Interview they did......Why would you even care about that?!!???!!! Your CHILD is MISSING!!!

:mad2:

I didn't know about her photo uploads...(THAT ALONE sounds like Casey Anthony).....or her facebook crap. Insane! I figured she had a landline phone....for those calls....why would she panic within minutes?

I disagree with the deployment issue.... I really think something happened to Kate...and they are covering it up with this haphazard plan....

I just need to leave this one alone. My heart is still broken into pieces over Caylee and if the mom and dad are in on it and purposely confusing the situation and investigation, it's like they took a cue from someone else. Fighting over small things like who would buy the diapers? I thought they were fighting over a paternity test to be taken the next day.

And the clothes. Did they release anything about the clothes yet?

Oh ...Hugs, RockinMa....I haven't even processed the Caylee developments of late...just jump in on this case...probably because I am in denial on the whole outcome...So I can't go there.

The clothes...Police said they found the clothes...but not where..."talk" on facebook from people in the "area or family" say the clothes were at dads house...Hell, if that is true and he had her all the time...according to mom, they could have just been clothes he had there for her.

....why would she panic within minutes?

This, this, this. If I had a fight with my dh and he took off with the kids, I would never in a million years suspect anything...for HOURS. Even then, I would be more worried about a car accident or something like that than an abduction.

Someone reported on one of the fb pages that mom has been receiving money from the baby Kate fund (she set up) and that she has been spotted wearing new clothing, has a new cell phone and is eating dinner out every night. A reward fund is being set up as well (it was approved by law enforecement), but grandma requested some money that was collected for a car wash someone did to raise money to be given to the mother's fund. I'm thinking I would want to build up that reward fund in hope of finding my grand baby. Just sayin'...

First WELCOME everyone who followed the link from the facebook page...
Second... Last night some of this suspicion came out on that page..which FINALLY needed to happen. Everyone was holding on to their thoughts on Ariel...but we all vented last night...the conversation under the discussion board on the Amber Alert/Katherine Phillips face book page...under "scanner chatter". http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=366&post=3514&uid=220846977955074#topic_top

Hope Courtland, Ariels sister, arrived to post in defense of Ariel:
WOW people never cease to amaze me!!! Sorry to say Ariel does not have a vehicle!!!My sister would never have hurt her child either of them for that matter. You people are just plain rude and heartless. My niece is missing and all you guys can do is talk about who did what and be downright mean. Well I hope you all feel very proud of yourselves for the way you are being. Don't worry I will not report you because reading your posts reminds of how cruel this world is.

and then apologized..
Alright everyone I need to apologize here. I am sorry for going off on you like that its been really stressful not knowing where my niece is. I totally understand that you have questions and are just voicing your concerns and all. Please accept my apology this is such a very touchy subject for me and I will not make this same mistake again. Once again I am sorry!! I am praying that she is found soon and is safe and alive as well. My dogs are my kids and so I can't say I know where everyone is coming from but I did bury my two younger siblings within the last 7 months and to with my niece missing is seems like another sibling is gone. Does that make any sense?

I think it was pretty big of her to apologize...that doesn't happen often when family members appear in the threads, defending people.

Beyond that...to address some of the theories and thoughts:

Factually we don't even know who is caring for Haley right now...CPS (according to the scanner chatter the night Kate went missing) is now involved concerning Haley which is standard procedure...

I did see a video of her somewhere saying "I miss my sister and want her to come home" which broke my heart and will fuel my anger if my suspicions in this case are correct....

Sadly, I will wade now in water no one wants to tread in....I don't think Kate is coming home, I don't think she is with us anymore...I think that they buried her together somewhere that morning...before the police were called.

I hope with the FBI involved, and State Police, they will look at her cell records, before it was "turned off", check when she purchased her new cell....Check his cell...

And as far as DNA...why would they need Kate, to establish paternity...can't they use a diaper...a blakent with skin cells...umbilical cord blood? something?

One more thing: Ariel just lost 2 siblings to suicide in recent months...My husband said "that could cause anyone to 'clock out'"...
Just my thoughts this am...and welcome again to all the new posters...:ciao:

Last edited:
Komak, yes, I agree with you almost to a T. I hadn't thought about them burying her together, but yea, makes sense. That does make me wonder why he would say she's alive though. It seems that he just wouldn't say anything. KWIM? He's silent on all other issues, so why nod to that question?

Komak, yes, I agree with you almost to a T. I hadn't thought about them burying her together, but yea, makes sense. That does make me wonder why he would say she's alive though. It seems that he just wouldn't say anything. KWIM? He's silent on all other issues, so why nod to that question?
WE had a case here years ago where a couple around same age as these guys
went on tv and had sheets with "we want our baby back" hanging from their balconeys
said they had gone to laundry room in apt building and came back baby was gone
few days later they led the cops to the Detroit River,dad had lost his temper and beaten 7m/o Raymond to death and dumped him in the river
and in Canada(at least here ) we dont see that stuff alot
Ill look up see if I can find the story but its alot like this

Heres a link to it,just really reminds me alot of this case

Baby Killers Release Worries Police
A man who beat his infant son to death a decade ago is due to be released from prison on Saturday, and authorities say they're afraid of what he might do then.
Raymond Laroche has been denied parole during his 10-year sentence on a manslaughter conviction. But he will be freed on Saturday

[,...]
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2001/02/16/laroche_hearing010216.html

this guy has had his ass kicked regularily since his release
but theres so many things like Baby Kates story(like mom going on tv pleading and she knew baby raymond was dead) and the mom in this case nothing happened to her except she went on and had a bunch more babies

How do we know that he nodded to that question? Ariel (mom)

Why do we think she passed a lie detector? Ariel told the news. Police only said they collaborated her statement and that she is not a suspect at this time.

Why is Sean in Jail? Ariel said that he kidnapped the baby.

Why do we think that Sean was alone at Wendy's? Ariels friend happened to be the Wendy's worker who waited on him...she babysat the girls often...BUT the police said that Witnesses saw both Kate and Sean at Wendy's between 1 and 2pm. Police were called at 1:14pm.
Barnett said Phillips was seen at Wendy's on U.S. 10 in Ludington between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Wednesday with the baby.
Police say they were made aware of the baby's alleged abduction around 1:14 p.m. Wednesday when authorities were called to Courtland's apartment about a civil disturbance.Ludington Police Chief Mark Barnett said Sean Michael Phillips, 21, was seen at Wendy's between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Wednesday with the 4-month-old baby Phillips is charged with kidnapping.

Why do we think the paternity test was scheduled for that day? Ariel said it was...

I just went back through as many news reports that I could find...Ariel has had ALOT to say...police haven't.

Such a good point. There have been so many articles, videos and interviews that I kinda lost track of who said what.

On a side note...this whole situation is really starting to just simply piss me off. I'm almost over the sad feeling and just really, really angry. Whoever did whatever needs to face a serious ass-whoopin'.

Such a good point. There have been so many articles, videos and interviews that I kinda lost track of who said what.

On a side note...this whole situation is really starting to just simply piss me off. I'm almost over the sad feeling and just really, really angry. Whoever did whatever needs to face a serious ass-whoopin'.

My feelings also.

More concentration on finding and "alive" Kate than all the man power searching for a body quick enough?

...MOM (who has been raising funds) is sporting new clothes and a new cell phone...among other things....

Well, we all know now that all people handle stressful situations and grieve differently. Maybe this is the beginning of her version of "ugly coping."

And yeah, I'm being sarcastic. This woman is behaving like Casey Anthony, only right now her behavior is to a slightly lesser degree.

I'm not going to be surprised at anything we find out happened to that baby. I hate like hell to say it, but if her mother was talking about her in the past tense from the beginning, I'd assume the worst for baby Katherine. Any money that is raised should go to a reward for finding baby Katherine and for it to be used for anything else is unethical and downright COLD.

sorry if already posted (at work no time to catch up yet)

Katherine "Baby Kate" Phillips: Blood droplets were actually bird poop

The blood droplets that were found on the trunk of a tree, as authorities searched for Katherine Phillips, have turned out to be bird poop. Yes, bird poop. The Mason County Sheriff says tests of the substance from the crime lab confirmed it was not human. The substance was bird feces.
http://missingpersonsblog.blogspot.com/

Omg!!!! [MENTION=4488]MinorAbrasions[/MENTION]

Good find.
I surely hope that baby Kate is okay and is found soon.
It's pretty scary to see her own brother is worried about his nieces. (being with their mother)

Time for an update... There was a great discussion on the facebook page concerning Baby Kate's disappearence...It's been erased...apparently the grandmother of Kate is an Admin on the page..that would be Ariels mom....So I expect..some to show up here from there... The 911 call that was released really did a job of showing the contradictions in Mom's story...for now Sean (Dad) is still sitting in Jail.

Also the local media has FIOA the bitter custody dispute between Courtland and Phillips concerning their 3 1/2 year old daughter Haley...

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/nw_mich/Baby-Kate-mom:-%27(He)-took-our-daughter%27

Courtland: "The father of my child took our daughter and I don't know where he is at, and she's my daughter. He has no legal rights over her. I was going to take her for a DNA test at 1 o'clock, and um, for him for child support."

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/nw_mich/sean-phillips-hearing-july-13-2011[/QUOTE]

His Attorney...who was also Ariel (MOMS)attorney previously stated she had just received recent police reports that morning and wanted time to look them over...

http://http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/news/59282-ground-search-ends-for-in-baby-kate-abduction-investigation?newsgroup_id=

Thirteen searchers led by Ludington Police Chief Mark Barnett and Mason County Sheriff Jeff Fiers completed what, for now, is the final ground search in the case of the missing infant, Katherine Phillips.

Kate is still missing..... :bawling:

Last edited:
Back