• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Four homeless men were bludgeoned to death during a killing spree in Manhattan's Lower East Side overnight.
police_line_crime_scene_tape.png
A fifth victim survived and is in critical condition, police said.

Using a metal object, the assailant beat all of the victims as they slept early Saturday morning, leaving bodies behind at three different locations in Chinatown. The suspect was still clutching the murder weapon when officers found him.

CBS New York reports the alleged killer is also believed to be homeless.

It's not clear what prompted the attack. The suspect is reportedly undergoing a psychological evaluation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christ I know this area in Chinatown quite well. It's a few blocks away from where some of the Chinatown bus companies have their offices/waiting areas, where people wait around for buses to Philly, DC, Boston etc. People start showing up and lining up for buses around 6 am. I guess it's well more deserted a few hours earlier...

[...] Randy Rodriguez Santos, a drug addict and thief thrown out of his family’s Bronx home three years ago, left the trail of bloodied bodies in his wake as he walked north through the darkness during the 1:45 a.m. killing spree. A fifth homeless man was critically injured before Santos, 24, was arrested near Canal St. with the bloody murder weapon still resting on his shoulder, cops said.
[...]
Police said Santos has a rap sheet with a half-dozen prior arrests in the last two years, including the attempted assault with a weapon just five months ago in Brooklyn. According to sources, Santos had a history of fighting and arguing with other homeless people.
[...]
Complete shocker, who could have seen this coming :penguin:

Complete shocker, who could have seen this coming
Wow yes that's real crazy yo!
Thing is I've been many times to that area real early in the morning to catch a Chinatown bus to Philly or Boston or whatever and seen people lined up on East Broadway... But I guess 6 or 7 am is totally different from 1 or 2 am...
Post automatically merged:

Complete shocker, who could have seen this coming
Well yes, you're right about the guy

Last edited:
The vagrant who allegedly bludgeoned four sleeping homeless men to death in a pre-dawn Chinatown rampage Saturday calls himself the “tranquil” type on Facebook — but warns that he doesn’t play games.

“Yo soy un tipo trankilo,” suspect Rodriguez “Randy” Santos, 24, wrote on one of his three Facebook pages. But “no hay juego,” he added.

And in between tributes to Dominican rap music, and a profile video in which he appears to smoke a joint, he also offers a tribute to late evangelist Rev. Billy Graham.

At many points, Santos’ online posts devolve into near gibberish.

His most recent post, from Sept. 3, said: “I’m a duck, sorry to my mom and friends,” in Spanish.

Santos, who police said is homeless, was being held Saturday night at Manhattan’s Fifth Precinct, where he was facing murder and assault charges in what police called a random attack that left a fifth homeless man in critical condition, police said.

The unhinged maniac has 14 past arrests — four of them in the past year, a law enforcement source said.

He was busted in November 2018 for biting a man’s chest during a savage assault at a Midtown store, the high-ranking source said.

Santos’ last known address is a men’s shelter in Brooklyn, where he was arrested for attacking another man in May — with a metal object similar to Saturday’s weapon, according to sources.

He was also busted last March for groping a 19-year-old woman in Queens, the source said.

The homeless man charged in a deadly Chinatown rampage is a drugged-out weirdo who’s been living in an abandoned Bronx building since his family kicked him out of their apartment next door, neighbors told The Post on Sunday.

An exclusive Post photo shows a room with crumbling walls and mounds of debris inside the house at 691 E. 183rd St., where neighbors said Randy Santos, 24, was staying before his arrest early Saturday morning.

A jumbled pile of clothing covered a drop-leaf table next to a filthy gray sofa and a shopping cart, and a white, six-panel door without a knob was propped up against one of the walls.

Santos’ family ordered him out of their apartment in 685 E. 183rd St. about a year ago, neighbors recalled, with one saying, “Something went wrong in his mind.”

“I just saw him on Friday! He didn’t look so good. He was not normal at all, talking to himself, he didn’t look clean. I gave him a plate of food,” said the man, who wouldn’t give his name.

“Someone should’ve helped him, he should’ve been taken to the hospital.”

Eric “E-Money” Tosado, 26, who owns the nearby ET Barber Shop, described Santos as “spaced out” and said he paid him to sweep up “because I knew he needed the help.”

"There was one time he was standing outside for hours — like lost, like he didn’t know what to do,” Tosado said.

“You could tell he was high a lot of the time.”

Tosado also said that Santos has a son who was sent to live in the Dominican Republic about a year ago.

“He didn’t tell me but I think his mom decided to send his son back because his mind wasn’t right,” Tosado said.

There was no answer at the family’s apartment, and Santos’ mom, Fiordaliza Rodriguez, didn’t return a phone message.

Back