• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.nj.com/crime/2018/12/4-hs-wrestlers-arrested-in-alleged-brutal-hazing-incident.html
[....]
The juveniles, students at Arthur P. Schalick High School in Pittsgrove Township, are accused of stripping a victim in a shower area at the school, restraining that victim and threatening to assault the victim with a broomstick, according to a statement from Salem County Prosecutor John T. Lenahan.

The students, who were not named, are charged with aggravated assault, conspiracy to commit aggravated assault, criminal restraint, conspiracy to commit criminal restraint, hazing, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, conspiracy to possess a weapon for an unlawful purpose, unlawful possession of a weapon and conspiracy to unlawfully possess a weapon.

The alleged incident occurred last Saturday, officials confirmed. None of the juveniles were detained after they were charged.

The prosecutor’s office is working with the New Jersey State Police on the investigation, which is in its initial stages, Lenahan said.

The high school serves about 540 students in grades 9-12.

The wrestling team went 17-7 in competitions last year and was set to begin its 2018-2019 season this Saturday in the Pine Barrens Tournament at Shawnee High School.

It’s not clear if that match will still take place, school officials said.

Lenahan stressed the importance of safeguarding the rights of both the victim and those charged in the case.

“Exercising an abundance of caution to protect the rights of the victim, the rights of the juveniles involved and the sanctity of this investigation, I cannot make any other comments nor can I answer any questions at this time,” he said.
[....]
In a statement, Pittsgrove Township School District Superintendent Scott Hoopes sought to assure parents that the matter was being addressed appropriately.

“I do want to make it clear that the District has dealt with all of the current issues promptly and appropriately and that attendance at the High School and participation in sports and extra curricular activities present no special risk to any student,” he wrote.

State Police cars could be seen entering and leaving the school grounds prior to the high school’s dismissal Tuesday.

Former students Danielle Days and Moena Wright, who were at the high school this afternoon to pick up records, said security was tight in the building. They learned from a reporter at the school about the allegations.
[....]
Despite efforts to stop hazing on high school sports teams, the practice remains a challenge for administrators in New Jersey and nationwide.

A 2014 hazing scandal at Sayreville High School led to sexual assault charges against seven players who were accused of attacking four younger students. The football season was also canceled.

Earlier this year, a high school football hazing incident in Alabama left a 14-year-old with a broken arm. The victim was beaten by members of his own team and the assault was recorded on a cellphone.

Attachments

• hoe_handle.jpg
    hoe_handle.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,896
So they didn't ACTUALLY rape him? Good! I hope they learn from this...and jailtime. they need to be in a facility or something.

Eons ago hazing mostly consisted of making newbies wear dresses to class or whatever. It was supposed to be somewhat humiliating and funny; not terrifying. Things have really gone off the rails now.

Anyone that wants to abuse another younger student at the same school and think that it is funny or a prank or acceptable needs a serious goddamn beating.

Nice charge-stacking!
A 2014 hazing scandal at Sayreville High School led to sexual assault charges against seven players who were accused of attacking four younger students. The football season was also canceled.

That's how you punish those little fuckers. Have fun getting recruited by a college program when your team doesn't play a single fucking game your senior year!

I asked my boyfriend about this and he said 30 years ago when he was in middle school this was common initiation among the sports players. Anyone who dared speak up was told by coaches and and administrators it was just "boys being boys" and no different than a wedgie. I'm shocked and horrified.

Latest posts

Back