• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A woman is behind bars, charged with child abuse and child endangerment, after leaving her 3-month-old locked inside her car when it was 114 degrees out.

On July 12, Glendale officers were dispatched to the parking lot of a Fry's Food and Drug store because someone saw a baby in a locked car.

When officers arrived, they say they saw the 3-month-old locked inside the back seat of the car. The car wasn't running, and the windows were rolled up.

Management of the Fry's store announced over the intercom the make and model of the car and Jessica Umtuch, 27, came out of the store, according to police.

When officers talked to Umtuch, she said had "forgotten the child in the car due to the child quietly sleeping."

Police say she also mentioned that she dropped the baby's father off at the bar prior to going to the grocery store.

She told police she had been arguing with her boyfriend for a few days. She needed to go to the grocery store and wanted to leave the child at home because of the heat. However, her boyfriend asked her to take him to the bar, which meant she had to take her baby with her.

She dropped her boyfriend off at the bar, and then drove to the grocery store, according to officers. She stated that, "[My] mind was in a different place," due to being frustrated, and that's how she forgot her baby in the car.

Umtuch also told police she realized she forgot about her baby when an employee called her in the store. She said this is not normally like her and that she was distracted.

After reviewing video footage, officers determined that Umtuch left the baby in the car for 16 minutes.

I just can NOT understand how people "forget" they have a baby in the back seat when they go someplace!!!! PLUS, you were JUST arguing about the baby a few minutes ago!!! In my days, of raising 3 boys, they went where I went and I can promise you, I never forgot one in the backseat! Now it's "Put something important in the back seat to remind you" WTF??? The BABY should be enough of a reminder!!! These folks need some serious time in jail PLUS parenting classes before even getting a chance to see the children again!!! Ok, off my bandwagon!

Cow was deliberate in leaving the kid.
Next time drop the bf at the bar AFTER errands.
He can deal with papoose before boozing up.
All it needed was intelligent thought.

Now just sterilize them both and Rehome the wee one.

Latest posts

Back