• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A San Antonio family says they’re shocked after the sudden death of their 3-month-old boy.

On Saturday, 3-month-old J’Anthony McKnight died at a local hospital.

“I’m just really heartbroken,” said James McKnight, the boy’s father. “I just can’t believe this would happen to my child. He didn’t harm nobody. He didn’t do nothing wrong to nobody.”

We met with the boy’s parents on Monday, including his mother 19-year-old Jasmine Ybarra.

Disturbing photos show the baby in the hospital over the weekend.

“He had a fractured skull, fractured ribs, and a few broken bones in his neck,” said McNight.

Ybarra and McNight tell us, their baby had been with his grandmother and her boyfriend Friday night. At some point that night, something went wrong.

“They were supposed to be babysitting,” said McKnight.

The grandmother’s boyfriend, 32-year-old Jose Amaya-Cantu is now in the Bexar County Jail, charged with causing severe bodily injury to J’Anthony.

According to McNight and Ybarra, Amaya-Cantu told them a car crash was responsible for their son’s fatal injuries. However, the boy’s parents don’t think there was ever a crash.

"It's not making sense at all,” said McKnight. “I just have a feeling that he abused my baby. He abused him."

Ybarra says that when she was growing up, Child Protective Services took her from her mom because of alleged drug issues. Ybarra tells us, that she had been about 8-years-old at the time.

Now, she believes her Mom is responsible for J’Anthony’s death, along with Amaya-Cantu. However, San Antonio police haven’t been able to say whether or not she’s being investigated.

"I hope they rot in hell,” said Ybarra. “They're going to pay for what they did, whether it's in jail. I mean all of this is published."

The baby's mother, Jasmine Ybarra, said Friday was the last time she and her boyfriend saw their son in a healthy state.

"My mom came over and asked if she could see her grandson and that her boyfriend (Amaya-Cantu) could see him," Ybarra said.

"I let them and asked if she would like to buy him some milk. She agreed saying she wanted to also take him shopping for some little outfits," Ybarra said.

Ybarra said she did not think the trip would take long but it did. During that time, she fell asleep with her two other young children.

"The next morning, my aunt is just banging on the door asking, 'Where is J'Anthony? Where is J'Anthony?’ I told her my mom has him and she was like, 'No! He is in the hospital and a detective wants to speak with you.'"

Ybarra said she was told to get to the hospital and once she arrived, she saw her baby boy, J'Anthony.

"When I saw him, he didn’t look like my baby. He didn’t look how I left him. It was just devastating," she said.

J'Anthony was suffering from brain swelling, a fractured skull, broken bones, and broken ribs, Ybarra said.

Ybarra and James McKnight, her boyfriend and J'Anthony’s father, were told different stories of what happened to their son.

"They are saying it was a car accident and then they are saying he fell off of the bed. So, it is two different twisted stories," Ybarra said.

Ybarra said as a result of J'Anthony's death, her two other children were later taken away.

"Child Protective Services got involved and took them. They made it seem like they were in danger. It just broke me because I just lost one and you are taking my other two," Ybarra said.

Some simple math: Grandma's boyfriend is 32, daughter Jasmine is 19. If grandma is close to boyfriend's age, she was 13-ish when Jasmine was born. Jasmine is 19 with three kids (errr, 2 kids now). Why on earth would you allow grandma to take your newborn when she couldn't even raise you? It's a tragic story, but there has to be some accountability for lack of common sense here.

I doubt "mom" is grieving much other than wanting sympathy and publicity. 10 bucks says she already has replacement baby in the oven. Stupid cow can't raise YOU, yet you let her take your newborn innocent helpless baby and then could care less if/when they bring him back? Yeah, you get no sympathy from me. It sounds like she'd have let ANYone take that baby as long as she got something out of it (milk, free babysittingmurdering, etc.)

I doubt "mom" is grieving much other than wanting sympathy and publicity. 10 bucks says she already has replacement baby in the oven. Stupid cow can't raise YOU, yet you let her take your newborn innocent helpless baby and then could care less if/when they bring him back? Yeah, you get no sympathy from me. It sounds like she'd have let ANYone take that baby as long as she got something out of it (milk, free babysittingmurdering, etc.)
Did we read the same articles? Because holy shit lady, I'm not seeing the basis for that much hostility.

I just think there's more to this than has been said. Why would they take her other two children when the mother nor the children were with the grandmother when the baby got hurt?

Possibly feel the baby mama was aware of what would/could happen? Knowing how she was raised, they possibly feel like by her giving them her baby, she was complicit in his death?

If the 19 yo mom thinks grandma was a super shitty mother, as she claims, why on earth would she let her take a tiny baby and leave with him?
Maybe Mom was finally “clean” and/or born again? That’s the only reason I can think of.

reading this for the first time.. any updates?? was also wondering how a mother can fall asleep with 2 of her kids when she has a 3 months old baby and not wake up till the next morning... heck at that age they still have night feedings and well i know that baby didn't have to cry for night feedings my internal clock woke me up so i would be ready to feed my babies when they woke up and hey if they were late 10 15 minutes it was a bonus for me cuz i had time for a tea and a relax before changing diapers and feeding my babies and if they didn't wake up withing 15 minutes of the normal time i would go check on them to make sure they were ok ...i know she was a very young mom but so was i and so were lots of other moms and after 2 kids you would think her internal clock would have woken her up for night feedings... and where was her boyfriend during that time?? and yea if my sister, or close family member took one of my kids out and it took longer than what i thought it should then someone would have been looking for them and no excuses now a days with cell phones everyone seems to have and are attached to... so many questions in this case ... was grandma ever charged??

Back