• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 3-year-old girl is recovering after Philadelphia police say her mother attacked her Sunday night with a machete.

Lauren Rodriguez, 34, faces multiple charges including attempted criminal homicide and aggravated assault.

Officers say Rodriguez sliced her young daughter with a machete six times, including on her knee, shoulder and head.

“I seen the daughter with her head split open from her mother with a machete,” said neighbor Pauline Williams.

Williams described seeing a bloody mess after another neighbor rushed to rescue the injured child.

Philadelphia police have not yet said what led Rodriguez to allegedly attack her 3-year-old daughter, but police said a similar incident happened on the same block a week ago.

Investigators say Reinaldo Bermudez, 41, cut someone with a different machete. Neighbors say he's the father of that girl who was hurt Sunday night.

The girl suffered skull fractures and multiple lacerations on her head, shoulder and knee. At last check, she was in stable condition at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children.
1566499059182.png
1566499067229.png
1566499125454.png

So dad goes for a stranger with a machete.....mum, not to be outdone, gets her own and starts on someone who can’t fight back.....poor kid.
She had no chance with parents like that.
Hopefully she will recover and the memories fade.
Can’t see it though, those scars are going to remind her every day

I'm guessing Reinaldo attacked someone Lauren cared about and this was her best revenge.
Post automatically merged:

I'm using someone else's phone and I don't know how to copy the link.
Thi is from
The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Sources said she appeared to be high on drugs when police arrived. Earlier police reports said she had wielded a machete, but later Monday a police spokesperson said the weapon was a utility knife.

[...]
The victim in the Aug. 4 incident, who was not named, grabbed a shovel and used it to partially block the machete, but the tip of the blade struck the victim above his right eye, causing a deep laceration and swelling around the eye, police said. Police recovered the machete and utility knife Bermudez used in the attack, they said.

Williams’ son said Bermudez lived with Rodriguez and the couple’s daughter, and provided financially for the household.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back