• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Vanderburgh County Coroner Steven Lockyear says the victim in Tuesday’s hot car accident has been identified as 3-year-old Oliver Dill. Vanderburgh County Sheriff Dave Wedding says the child attended the University’s daycare and his father, Dr. Andrew Dill, left the child in the car for several hours by accident.

The father is an Assistant Professor of Accounting at USI. His son is typically dropped off at the daycare located on USI’s campus.

Authorities say after working for hours, Dr. Dill realized he left his toddler in the back seat, buckled in his car seat.

“The parent found the child, went to the Children’s Learning Center where the parent asked for help and the child later died,” says Major Jason Ashworth from the Vanderburgh Sheriff’s Office.

Many people say accidents like these should never happen.

“This is like the second time this has happened so far close to home and it angers me,” says concerned grandmother, Tina Walker.

Chief Meteorologist Cameron Hopman says temperatures nearly reached 90 degrees before the little boy was found.

“That baby had to be crying, screaming, suffering,” says Walker

According to the Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s office, no arrests are being made at this time. The official case file will be submitted to the Vanderburgh County Prosecutor’s office for final review.

Fuckface can't even count to 1.
These are not accidents!
There are preventable.
It is negligence and carelessness.

I refuse to accept these incidents being explained away as we all make mistakes.
Bullshit!
Do they leave perishable groceries in the car too?
Prick should end his own life.

Do these people not talk to their kids while they are in the car? I don't get it, I am the most forgetful person ever, please don't put me in charge of keys, but I never forgot my kids were in the car, we talked, we sang, we played games. I, personally don't get how it could happen.

Fuckface can't even count to 1.
These are not accidents!
There are preventable.
It is negligence and carelessness.

I refuse to accept these incidents being explained away as we all make mistakes.
Bullshit!
Do they leave perishable groceries in the car too?
Prick should end his own life.
I'm sure he wants to end his own life right about now. Provided this really was an accident, I don't think any additional suffering needs to be enforced. Losing a child is the absolute worst thing most parents can envision... I personally would *rather* be tortured to death.

Forgotten baby syndrome usually happens when there's a break in the routine, but the brain goes on autopilot and completes the routine anyway. God knows I've driven home from work more times than I can count and having no memory of how I got from point A to point B!

What's surprising about this case is that the dad took the kid to daycare as a matter of routine. Usually when you hear about this stuff happening, it's the parent who doesn't usually take the child to daycare. So I wonder if something happened that was out of the ordinary that morning and caused him to forget. If not, then I'm willing to be a heck of a lot more judgmental.

I know I seem like a bleeding heart here, but I'm honestly an extremely analytical person who's fascinated with psychology and values facts above all. I also believe in restorative justice, which is why I advocate corporal punishment similar to what the victim suffered in cases where intentional suffering is created.

So, I guess this half dead brain syndrome also prevents one was even considering the possibility and, therefore, they don't leave anything in the back with their kid. I guaranfuckingtee he wouldn't have forgotten his damned cell phone or brief case. Hell, maybe a photo of the kid pasted on the steering wheel would get their attention, but this syndrome is some determined shit so maybe not.

Yeah, this one is a little hinky. If his normal routine was to take that child to daycare every day, what made THIS day different? Were there cameras in the parking lot? Did he park in his normal spot?
It could be something as simple as him thinking about what he had to do that day. It doesnt have to be a complete change in routine that causes it.

The part I find disturbing about this is that they interviewed some random grandmother off the street and then quote her on how horrific his death must have been. When in all reality the body would have shut down and he'd have lost consciousness and slipped away fairly peacefully.
Post automatically merged:

So, I guess this half dead brain syndrome also prevents one was even considering the possibility and, therefore, they don't leave anything in the back with their kid. I guaranfuckingtee he wouldn't have forgotten his damned cell phone or brief case. Hell, maybe a photo of the kid pasted on the steering wheel would get their attention, but this syndrome is some determined shit so maybe not.
They actually recommend that you do keep important things like phones etc beside their carseat so that you have to look right at it

Last edited:
You all might disagree with me but this didn't happen when my daughter was a baby. The car seat was in the front seat where I could keep an eye on her at all times. My daughter had to keep hers in the back seat & I told her I wouldn't have been able to stand it. Especially the states where you have to keep them facing the rear and you can't see their faces. A child could silently choke to death and you wouldn't know it. I don't know if this has ever happened but it would have been one of my fears.

You all might disagree with me but this didn't happen when my daughter was a baby. The car seat was in the front seat where I could keep an eye on her at all times. My daughter had to keep hers in the back seat & I told her I wouldn't have been able to stand it. Especially the states where you have to keep them facing the rear and you can't see their faces. A child could silently choke to death and you wouldn't know it. I don't know if this has ever happened but it would have been one of my fears.
I have a mirror for mine so I can see her at all times even though she's rear facing. Yes, still rear facing at 3! But it's so much safer.

the body would have shut down and he'd have lost consciousness and slipped away fairly peacefully.

I’m curious where you got this from? Being the glutton for punishment that I am, I’ve read coroner reports on kids that die like this.
They all suffer unimaginable pain. They literally go crazy trying to get out; They rip out their own hair, claw the skin off their own faces, draw blood biting their own lips, cheek, fingers and tongues.
The death reports were anything but peaceful, and the self harm reaction is so common that it’s the only thing I think of when I see these headlines. So much suffering.

How tf do you forget your child? I call bull $h*t!!! I have forgotten many a thing but one of my five kids NEVER!!! Thank goodness!
I understand accidents happen but I bet he has never forgotten to eat for 8 hours!!! NOPE... At some point a light goes on in your head before 8 hours!!! Just dammit all to hell

It could be something as simple as him thinking about what he had to do that day. It doesnt have to be a complete change in routine that causes it.

The part I find disturbing about this is that they interviewed some random grandmother off the street and then quote her on how horrific his death must have been. When in all reality the body would have shut down and he'd have lost consciousness and slipped away fairly peacefully.

They actually recommend that you do keep important things like phones etc beside their carseat so that you have to look right at it

So they recommend keeping "important" things beside your baby so you can remember!!! I find this laughable asf. Since when did cell phones become such a priority that IT is what makes someone remember their child!!! I'm sorry but priorities are all off balance if this is how some parents remember they have responsibilities

Last edited:

Where does it say the grandmother was random? The way I read I assumed it was his grandma.
You can be damn sure this baby suffered! He did not just peacefully "slip" away!!! Nonsense! Have you ever seen a child fall asleep in a car seat on a hot day with windows rolled down, driving down the street? They are completely sweaty and imagine the struggling in a hot car to get of the car seat or thrashing around crying. That adds to the temperature of ones body!

No charges filed yet? WHAT????? I just read here where a mother left her two children in the car and neither died but she was arrested!

Last edited:
I bought a new car last month, and it literally has an alert that detects if there's anything in the backseat, by weight I guess, and alerts you when you exit the vehicle. Boggles my mind that this is so commonplace as to make this type of technology necessary.

Back