• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A toddler died Tuesday in Florida after his father accidentally ran him over with the family's SUV in a restaurant parking lot.

The Tampa Bay Times reports it happened just before 10 p.m. as the family was leaving a Waffle House in Brandon.

The boy's mother and father both mistakenly believed that the other had placed the boy inside their Chevy Tahoe.

The boy's 29-year-old father, Guillermo Junior Montoya Rios, had begun to drive away when the SUV's tire struck the 3-year-old, causing severe head injuries.
Jeremiah Rios was pronounced dead at Brandon Regional Hospital.

Authorities said neither alcohol nor drugs were a factor in the tragic accident.

Alvarez said the parents had seven children leaving the restaurant with them when the incident occurred.

. The boy's mother and father both mistakenly believed that the other had placed the boy inside their Chevy Tahoe.
So neither one of his parents paid much attention when leaving the restaurant.

I don't know about anyone else, but I always held my kids hands until we got to the car and they were safely inside.

Not because I thought I would run them over, I was worried about all the other people driving around.

This happened at a funeral my dad went to in the early 1980s. His friends father died, and he was pretty torn up about it. They were all log truck drivers, and he went to get into his truck and do the funeral procession, not knowing his son was behind his truck. Drove right over him and killed him.

Also knew a couple that had three girls. In like 2010 the dad went to go to the store for the oldest girls birthday cake, and ran over the two year old. Both girls saw their sister die. Mom ended up on meth, they divorced and the girls went to live with their grandma. Tragic. Watch your kids closely people. You

Very sad. 7 is a lot. They seem to be normal parents and accidentally killing your child must be unbearable. Everyone who has kids has had a close call. It’s terrifying to see how dangerous a simple mistake or brief moment of distraction can be

Apr. 26, 2019
The parents of a boy run over by his father in a Waffle House parking lot last month have now lost a second young child, this time to accidental drowning.

The 1-year-old boy drowned in his maternal grandparents' swimming pool on April 5, according to a Florida Department of Children and Families incident report. The names in the report are redacted, but Guillermo Montoya Rios confirmed the boy was his son when reached by the Tampa Bay Times this week.

The drowning comes less than a month after Rios, 29, ran over his 2-year-old son Jeremiah at the Waffle House. On the night of March 12, Rios and the boy's mother each mistakenly believed the other had placed Jeremiah in the family's 2007 Chevy Tahoe after the parents and their seven children had dinner at the restaurant, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office reported at the time.

When Rios pulled out of a parking space, the Tahoe's right front struck the boy, causing severe head injuries. He was pronounced dead at Brandon Hospital.

"The family reports that a head count is typically conducted when the children are in the vehicle; however, a head count was not conducted at the time of the incident," a state incident report says. Names are redacted from the report.

Both parents were screened for drugs and none were found. The Sheriff's Office released Jeremiah's name and called the death an accident, though the investigation has not officially closed and the full report was not available this week.

Twenty-four days later, on the morning of April 5, Rios and his family went to the grandparents' home in Hillsborough County to help with a yard sale, the report on the drowning says. The children's mother and the couple's six children, ages 1 to 11, were with them.

Later in the afternoon, the two older children were playing at the home's in-ground pool while the younger kids played with a hose closer to the house. Sometime after 7 p.m., everyone came into the house and the children changed into dry clothes. About 7:50 p.m., the family noticed the 1-year-old boy was missing. His mother found him unresponsive in the pool.
The report notes the family was also investigated by child protective investigators in 2016, but the details are redacted.

The deaths are being investigated by the Hillsborough Sheriff's Office, which conducts child welfare investigations for the Department of Children and Families. Department officials declined to comment, citing the pending investigations.

Reached by phone Guillermo Rios said his sons' deaths were a private family matter.

I am sure they have at least made one replacement baby by now.

Last edited:
"The family reports that a head count is typically conducted when the children are in the vehicle; however, a head count was not conducted at the time of the incident,"
Of course they are going to say that to an investigator. Offer them free vasectomy and tube tying.
Now that they've culled their litter I hope the rest of the children survive to adulthood because one was a tragic accident. Another less than a month later is damn careless.

Last edited:
Back