• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Three workers at an assisted living facility were arrested after police say they encouraged the residents to fight each other and allegedly abused two elderly women with cognitive disabilities.

On June 21, police received a report of elder abuse at the Danby House assisted living facility in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, after workers allegedly let two residents fight each other.

The police department’s Criminal Investigations Division began investigating with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.

Investigators learned that certain Danby House employees were encouraging residents to fight each other and an employee physically assaulted a resident by shoving them.

Court documents reveal that Marilyn Latish McKey, 32, is accused of pushing a 73-year old woman into her room. Authorities say that at the time, Tonacia Yvonne Tyson, 20, and Taneshia Deshawn Jordan, 26, who were also employees, filmed the encounter and did not help.

During a separate incident, court documents say that the 73-year old woman began to fight with a 70-year-old woman. All three women are accused of watching the fight, filming it and even encouraging it.

No injuries were reported or found during the investigation.

McKey was charged with two counts of assault on an individual with a disability. Tyson and Jordan were charged with one count each of assault on an individual with a disability.
1570919184439.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Who, in their right mind, would hire hood rats like these to work with the elderly and disabled? I wonder if this is a state-run facility. From what I have heard, those types of facilities are hell on Earth.
Are you kidding me? That's what 90% were when I started. Clearly, not including me lol.

Two women accused of running a fight club at an assisted living residence in North Carolina are headed to prison.

Marilyn Latish McKey, 35, and Taneshia Deshawn Jordan, 28, were convicted of inciting elderly residents to fight each other at Danby House in 2019.

One of the fights included two residents with dementia that was recorded on video,

According to court documents Jordan and McKey incited a resident to assault and strike another resident with a disability by “putting her hand around her throat, pushing and wrestling with her.”

Documents show McKey also assaulted and struck the resident by pushing her into her room.

McKey pleaded guilty to two counts of assault on an individual with a disability and Jordan pleaded guilty to one count of assault on an individual with a disability, Forsyth County Clerk of Superior Court’s told McClatchy.

On Feb. 28, McKey was given a suspended sentence of 45 days in prison, with 12 months of supervised probation, the court said. Jordan was given a suspended sentence of 30 days in prison, with 12 months of unsupervised probation.

Both women were ordered to stay away from Danby House and must not contact any of the residents. They will also have to complete 50 hours of community service, the court said.

According to a 2019 report from the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services, employees encouraged residents to fight each other while they recorded and shared videos on social media.

One of the fights recorded led to “one resident being strangled with her face turning red,” the report says.

The report says staff members can be heard on video saying, “Punch her in the face.” They were heard talking, laughing and commenting as two residents were fighting.

Another staff member was heard asking, “Are you recording?” “You gonna send it to send me?”

The employees let the fight happen because one of the residents “always caused problems,” according to the report.

Danby House was temporarily banned from admitting new residents in 2019 because of “numerous patient-care deficiencies,” The Winston-Salem Journal reported. The news outlet said employees were not trained properly and often failed to give residents medications prescribed by a doctor.
A Forsyth County jury acquitted a Winston-Salem woman on a charge that she helped incite a fight between two female residents at an assisted-living facility in 2019 that was recorded on video and shared.
The acquittal came after a two-day jury trial, which was the first in Forsyth Superior Court in over 18 months.
Tonacia Yvonne Tyson, 22, of Cedar Ridge Circle, was on trial on a misdemeanor charge of aiding and abetting an assault of an individual with a disability. Winston-Salem police charged Tyson and two other roaches — for the incident that happened on June 19, 2019, at Danby House, an assisted-living and memory-care facility on Burke Mill Road. All three women were employees at Danby House.

Forsyth County prosecutors alleged that the three women encouraged the women to fight and that they all shared videos with other people, some of whom posted one of the videos to YouTube.
Tyson was also seven-months pregnant at the time, limiting her ability to intervene, he said. Prosecutors also failed to bring in any evidence of what training Tyson underwent, he argued. And two to three other employees were in the room when the fight happened, he said.

Tyson gave a full statement to law-enforcement officers, admitted when she lied, and gave an explanation for why she shared the video — she shared it with someone who was applying for a job to show the work conditions at Danby House, Shifflette argued.

Assistant District Attorney Jessica Spencer said she was never arguing that a pregnant woman should have physically intervened in a fight, but Tyson could have done several things — she could have called 911 or she could have called a supervisor. She could have told employees in the room to stop the altercation, Spencer said.

Tyson didn’t do that, she argued.

“She laughed about it,” Spencer said in court. “She told police she thought it was funny.”
It wasn’t until someone in a text thread asked why she didn’t do anything that she realized how unfunny the situation was, Spencer said.
Shifflette, in his cross-examination and his closing argument, made the point that other people were more culpable for what happened than Tyson, including Danby officials.

You do not training not to beat and abuse disabled people.

There sentences are a joke and maybe these bitches will meet a drive-by and make the world a better place.

I am so scared for Tyson's child I am sure mom will find it funny when her new penis abuses her child.

Last edited:
Back