• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
https://www.al.com/news/2018/10/now...-3-time-sex-offender-asks-for-castration.html

A three-time sex offender, who is now accused of raping a 79-year-old Huntsville woman, has asked an Alabama judge to order he be castrated.

Stephen Gordon Bunyard has multiple sex offense convictions dating back to the 1980s, according to Alabama Law Enforcement Agency records. Now, he’s charged with first-degree rape and failure to register as a sex offender, court records show. Bunyard also is known by two aliases: Melvin Knight and Kevin Neil Means, records show.

Bunyard, 56, was in court today to be sentenced on a probation violation. Through his lawyer, Bunyard asked the judge to issue a lighter sentence in exchange for an order that he be castrated.

“I certainly don’t have the authority to order castration,” said Madison County Circuit Judge James Smith.

Alabama doesn’t have a law on the books that allows judges to sentence convicts to undergo castration. As recently as 2016, state Rep. Steve Hurst has filed legislation that would require anyone convicted of sexually assaulting a child to be surgically castrated before being released from prison. The legislation didn’t gain enough support to become state law.

Some states allow sex offenders to opt for castration, according to ABC News.

Smith instead ordered Bunyard to 30 years in prison for violating the terms of his probation in a 2007 sex crime conviction.

Q3ZH2FKLSBEKFK6DF3IL3IRBAE.jpg

If he’d like to be castrated IN ADDITION to dying in jail, then I’m all for it.

It wouldn't help anyway. He didn't rape a 79 yr old woman because of his sex drive.

"Alabama doesn’t have a law on the books that allows judges to sentence convicts to undergo castration."

That's a shame. Especially since he asked so nicely.

Is there any evidence that castration makes them significantly less likely to reoffend?

Is there any evidence that castration makes them significantly less likely to reoffend?

It may depend on the type of sex offender. None of them seems to have higher levels of testosterone than non offenders. Current understanding is that there is a difference in causes and in pedophilia it's now thought to be more of an early developmental/brain problem. I actually do not believe castration is the answer, and some of them could even become more violent depending on the mental side of it.

It may depend on the type of sex offender. None of them seems to have higher levels of testosterone than non offenders. Current understanding is that there is a difference in causes and in pedophilia it's now thought to be more of an early developmental/brain problem. I actually do not believe castration is the answer, and some of them could even become more violent depending on the mental side of it.
Yeah, you don’t need a stiff dick to rape.

Back