• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
She was very young when she had the first child, and around the right age when she had the first two children for a mental health issue to show up. The thing that catches me though is that she posed as a perfect mum on Facebook and to the neightbours... that seems too calculated for someone who is detached from reality.

I really don't understand why the boyfriend isn't being charged. He is just as responsible for his children as she is, and knew the conditions they were living in.

Those poor babies.

I can barely wrap my mind around the most recent article. Thanks @Momzilla for keeping us updated. I just... I barely have words for this fuckin insanity. I hope the children can grow up happy and healthy, that the two babies somehow recover. How can a baby be like a jellyfish?? I can't even imagine that much of a degradation of muscle mass and bone structure. They were covered in feces and roaches. Think about what a little bit of not wiping well on a baby, they get a rash. But leaving them to soak in their own excrement and filthy bugs?! It'd be horrible. This woman thing let this happen to her own flesh and blood. It'd still be terrible even if they weren't her children, but because they are, my God it makes it worse, what in the Lord's name could it have been thinking?? If the boyfriend some-thefuck-how didn't notice the two infants, he should still be charged for the way the nasty ass house was right. Like, child endangerment from deplorable conditions or something? Idk but this is fucked. She is such a crazy fuck.

This woman thing let this happen to her own flesh and blood. It'd still be terrible even if they weren't her children, but because they are, my God it makes it worse, what in the Lord's name could it have been thinking?? If the boyfriend some-thefuck-how didn't notice the two infants, he should still be charged for the way the nasty ass house was right. Like, child endangerment from deplorable conditions or something? Idk but this is fucked. She is such a crazy fuck
Yes, You're so right, Totally, Yup & Definitely!
(Just pressing 'Agree' just didn't seem like enough this time!;))

Why do
They ask for
Money to
Sign the petition ?
That's never happened to me. If you sign things to save animals like wolves or bees sometimes they will send you an email for a donation for the cause but that's never happened on Change.org???? :shrug:

That's never happened to me. If you sign things to save animals like wolves or bees sometimes they will send you an email for a donation for the cause but that's never happened on Change.org???? :shrug:
Nope I was wrong it was a donation request to further their cause. I did sign the petition.

It took me this long to read the original story -- I saw the headline when it was posted and I just couldn't bear to click on it to read the grim details until now. It's not as bad as I feared, it's so, so, so much worse!

I *almost* want to say that the dead babies are the ones that are lucky in this disaster. They short little lives were only filled with hunger, pain and negligence for a short time. But the living children. OMG! Those poor babies! From 13 down to 5 months, they're all just little innocents that should be living lives full of fun, games, family meals, bathtime....NOT either lying in their own filth, starving, or having to 'parent' 2 babies while still a child themselves, and living in such filth that it's amazing that no one died just from the disease that must have been present in that place.

Dear old dad is a fucking joke. Don't tell me he didn't figure out that those babies were his or that he didn't know about the dead animals or the knee deep stacks of shit or any of the rest of that horror. He fucking knew exactly what was going on in that house. Lock him the fuck up FOREVER and charge him every bit as much as that wacked out thing that gave birth to all of those little innocents.

Don't forget about Dani, the girl in the window.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5505079

UGH! I hate this story!

I have a situation here, while not exactly a Dani, something VERY fucked up is going on and I don't know what to do. This is something that I've been worried about and working on for FOUR YEARS NOW!

New neighbors moved in across the street maybe 12 years ago. We knew they had a teen and a younger boy, we saw them come and go, once in a while cut the grass, etc. Imagine our surprise when, 4 years ago, a 6 six year old girl emerged from the house and began going to kindergarten at the same school my granddaughter attends. WHOA! What? Where did SHE come from? Now I didn't really know these parents, except to say hello, they really kept to themselves, but I couldn't help myself. The second week of school I walked over to the mom and said, "Hi! I see you have a little girl living with you now. Maybe we can arrange a playdate with my granddaughter one weekend." She said, "Oh, that's my youngest daughter. We are very protective, so I don't feel comfortable with her going out and playing in the neighborhood right now, maybe when she's a little older."

So okay, maybe she's just a little over-protective. It was VERY strange that NONE of the neighbors had ever seen this girl before (I asked them all!), or knew that she was born while they were living here. Never saw her go with them when they went grocery shopping, or to visit relatives, or any of the many, many times they went in and out of the house and I was out front, playing with and watching my granddaughter and her friends.

So now I began to pay attention very closely. For that entire first year I would see them take her to school, pick her up, but NEVER would we see her any other time. Then school let out and summer was in full swing. My granddaughter pointed her out to me that first time -- there was the little girl, Sue, in an upstairs window. My granddaughter waved to her and indicated for her to come join them in play. Sue disappeared for a minute, came back to the window crying, she wasn't allowed out.

This went on for several more weeks, until one day I went and knocked on the door and asked if Sue could come out to play. I explained that I'd be right there, and we could stay right in their front yard if that made them comfortable -- again, I got the 'over-protective' story. Nope, not even for 10 minutes.

So I went inside and called child welfare and expressed my concerns. They took a report. I saw a strange car at their house the next day. And nothing happened.

My granddaughter is now friends with Sue. But ONLY at school. They eat lunch together and play at recess. But when my g-daughter asks Sue to play after school Sue gets sad and says she's not allowed. She says her parents are mean, she says she doesn't have even one toy. My granddaughter gave Sue a doll at school, but Sue gave it back the next day. Sue said her mother said to return it. My granddaughter said it's a Christmas present. Sue said they are Muslim, they don't celebrate.

So now I call child welfare every couple of months. I've also called the police and the social worker at school. NOTHING is done. NOTHING. This child is now in 3rd grade and I don't believe she's ever played outside other than one week when her (now adult) sister came to visit and she brought her outside, OFTEN and told me that her parents objected, but that she did it anyway. She (the sister) said she has NO idea why her parents are so mean to Sue, but she lives in Italy now and there's not much she can do.

Sue always has on clean clothes, her hair is done neatly. But she's SO SO SO sad. She's at that damned window, crying, just about every time the kids are outside now. She told my g-daughter that her mother caught her at the window a couple times and punished her, so she has to be careful and asked us not to wave at her or anything so they don't know.

I'm sorry this has gotten so long and so off-topic, but does anyone have any other ideas? :( I don't know what else to do? I now have a camera trained on their house, I'm hoping they do something, ANYTHING that gives me cause to call the police so they have a reason to enter that house and find out what's going on!

Can your granddaughter ask her questions? Do they hurt you? Are you hungry? Are you locked up?

I've had her ask questions before, but she doesn't like to do it often because Sue gets upset with her. She said Sue said they feed her (that was one of my first questions), but that she eats a LOT at school, qualifies for both free breakfast and free lunch, and frequently eats Nan's (my granddaughter)leftovers. She said they spank her 'when she's bad'. She'll say she's not locked up, but 'not allowed out'. She has stated in the past that sometimes she 'gets in trouble' for coming downstairs when she's told to go to her room. But apparently none of this is enough for child welfare here. GRRRR! It's so frustrating to me, this seems like a very, very nice, very, very lonely little girl.

BTW, we live in a decent neighborhood. Lots of children, single family homes, fairly low crime. We have a truly lovely park right smack in the middle of the neighborhood, with a very nice playground. We have neighborhood picnics once a year, that family never participates.

ETA: I've told child welfare that the adult sister feels that this is abuse, too! Still did no good.

You and I seem to think a lot alike, Aerysta. I've told her to say exactly that.

And yes, she seems to have the very basic needs met. I think they are VERY careful to keep things 'legal'.

Btw, these parents are much older than average, I think this child must have been a very large surprise, just when they thought they had raised their kids. Neither parent works, they say they are disabled and waiting for lawsuits to pay off.

@TheDevilIsInTheDetails as a child that grew up in a strict religion, where I was forbidden from having "worldly friends" I can kinda relate to little Sue. As a preteen, I grew some balls and lied and said my bff from school wanted me to study the bible. Bff and her mom lied for me too. At first, my mom was present during our lame studies. Then she eased up, believed we were reading the Bible, and left the room. Eventually, I got to go over to bff's house. Oh the fun we had!!!!! Playing in the woods, biking, playing tag, going to ponds and catching fish, climbing trees... good times. I am forever grateful for my friend and her mom.

Could you do something like that?

Could you do something like that?
So far, no dice! But we won't give up trying -- my granddaughter really likes this little girl. I think they will be friends forever, despite the parents.

It's wonderful that your BFF and her mom did that for you. I won't lie (exactly), but if I have to get a little bit creative, I will. ;)

I keep hoping that the older sister returns from Italy again. She's apparently a big name in soccer over there. I'm telling you, Sue could NOT stop smiling the week her sister was here. I tried to get more out of the sister the one time I talked to her, but although she told me her parents are 'too strict' she wouldn't really go much farther in telling me how she really feels. I don't know if that's out of family loyalty or the fact that she doesn't really know me or maybe she's afraid of them, too.

BTW, my sister (who is a lurker here) thinks I've gone overboard now that she knows I keep a camera on their house all the time. I disagree! I know I haven't done enough, but I don't know what else to do. I WILL continue to call child welfare every couple of months, and I do speak with the school social worker fairly often and I do know that she's keeping her eyes open and has told me (without telling me) that she feels that things are NOT right with the little girl, too, but until she has proof her hands are tied.

This whole story about that woman and her poor children is about the most heartbreaking thing I've ever heard about.
It gets worse and seems neverending. I'm so glad they have such a supportive community.
but I have to admit the funny mom and kids comments above made me laugh. When chase was 7, I took him in the liquor
store with me. The kid in front of me got carded then when it was my turn, Chase informed everyone that I was 49! Kids are funny!

@TheDevilIsInTheDetails - Have you talked to the school? They are mandatory reporters. The school would also have your granddaughter as witness.
As sad as this is, we can't MAKE people let their kids play outside, have toys or "be kids". She obviously has the appropriate paperwork to go to school (not undocumented as in the above story), she does get recess, etc. No, it's not good, but I don't know if the state would agree that it's abusive. If she has food withheld, if she is bruised, then they might finally do something.

I turned in my cousins baby-mama for feeding her newborn watered down Hershey's syrup, CPS told me that although it was not nutritious it was her choice.

I would think a baby fed watered down chocolate syrup would NOT be healthy! How could they not want to make her do right by this baby?

I would think a baby fed watered down chocolate syrup would NOT be healthy! How could they not want to make her do right by this baby?
The baby is 15 now & my aunt is raising her. Her dad (my cousin) is a criminal drug addict & her "mother" is 30 with 5 other babies in Vegas.
They just didn't think it was abusive enough. I don't get it. I think it was neglectful - she could have gone to WIC for free formula.

So far, no dice! But we won't give up trying -- my granddaughter really likes this little girl. I think they will be friends forever, despite the parents.

It's wonderful that your BFF and her mom did that for you. I won't lie (exactly), but if I have to get a little bit creative, I will. ;)

I keep hoping that the older sister returns from Italy again. She's apparently a big name in soccer over there. I'm telling you, Sue could NOT stop smiling the week her sister was here. I tried to get more out of the sister the one time I talked to her, but although she told me her parents are 'too strict' she wouldn't really go much farther in telling me how she really feels. I don't know if that's out of family loyalty or the fact that she doesn't really know me or maybe she's afraid of them, too.

BTW, my sister (who is a lurker here) thinks I've gone overboard now that she knows I keep a camera on their house all the time. I disagree! I know I haven't done enough, but I don't know what else to do. I WILL continue to call child welfare every couple of months, and I do speak with the school social worker fairly often and I do know that she's keeping her eyes open and has told me (without telling me) that she feels that things are NOT right with the little girl, too, but until she has proof her hands are tied.
I think that talking to the sister is your best bet to try to break through this wall of inaction. You and your young neighbor will be in my thoughts.

UGH! The mattresses!! The walls!! The toybox filled with dirty diapers and garbage!

That house is just as bad as some of the houses on Hoarders. Totally disgusting. There is NO FUCKING WAY that "dad" didn't know about the conditions upstairs. What a fucking lying douche.

How could people not smell the house or the children that did leave and go to school? It's a shame she ruined the house too. Looked like a cute little home from the outside and in those pics you can tell they had hardwood floors in some rooms.

Massachusetts man claims he was unaware of remains of three babies and 'unbelievable' child neglect in home shared with kids' mother
Raymond Rivera lived in the basement of a house where authorities found four neglected children — two of whom were covered in their own feces — and the remains of three babies. Rivera, who is the father of at least two of the children, said he did not know of the “inhuman” conditions upstairs in a court hearing for marijuana possession Wednesday.

Last edited:
God, he's beyond stupid. Either he was too stupid to see what was happening right under his nose or he's stupid enough to think that we'll believe that he had no idea that the upstairs made a pig sty look clean and orderly and that she was popping out babies and murdering them or neglecting them systematically.

Why the heck are they cleaning it up instead of demolishing it? Just to find evidence? The house was built around 1850 and the property is only valued at $119,000. The building is only $62,700. Tear that shit down, trash and all, and make an investment in the property that doesn't involve it being a graveyard.

I think they cleaned it out first to make sure there were no more babies hidden in there somewhere, since we all know she wasn't telling the truth, ever, about anything and then they did tear it down after they were sure all the babies were found. Nasty ass bitch, yeah, my cleaning abilities leave alot to be desired but you can at least see the floor in every room and I do put the garbage in the outside can very regularly, why do you keep trash in the floor, all over everything?

I couldn't get the image out of my mind last night...of the dead baby with a full head of hair stuffed into a back pack in the older kids room.

• Erika Murray indicted on two murder charges
  • Raymond Rivera held on $100,000 bail.

Also Tuesday, Raymond Rivera, 38, Murray’s boyfriend, who says he lived mostly in the basement of the home, pleaded not guilty in Worcester Superior Court to two counts of assault and battery on a child, causing substantial injury; two counts of reckless endangerment of a child, two counts of cruelty to animals, and one count of cultivating marijuana. His bail was set at $100,000. A pretrial conference was slated for Jan. 14.

Prosecutors said DNA testing had determined that Rivera was the father of all seven children, dead and alive, who were found in the home.

The charges against him focused on the two neglected children who were found in the home.

Contrary to the picture that Rivera has painted of being mostly confined to the basement, a prosecutor said he slept in an upstairs bedroom every night with Murray that was only 7 or 8 feet from where the two neglected children were kept.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/12/16/blackstone/CgRQAA1JSlYVkEQZfFpkpM/story.html

Back