• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
You got me there because they're annoying enough when they're well taken care of, so just imagine having to listen to a neglected, uncomfortable one:eek:
That's what always gets me, my kids would do anything to get the baby to not cry. Its easier to tend to their needs so they don't cry.

That's what always gets me, my kids would do anything to get the baby to not cry. Its easier to tend to their needs so they don't cry.
Thats why I felt so bad for the 10 year old. I dont think those kids knew what to do, as baby was in a bad way, and asked for help from the neighbor.

And about that...did the neighbor, when walking in that house, looked at baby covered in shit, turn around and left? To call authorities? Im just on the fence about that. Do you clean the baby, alleviate some suffering, then call cops? or leave baby there in its own shit for the cops to deal with?..just asking.

@badfish76
That would be the right thing to do. Take pics, then clean up baby best you can. This neighbor sounds like they turned around and walked out. Sure, they called the cops. thats the good thing. but better, if baby was relieved of some suffering.

That baby would have went home with me and been sitting in a warm tub soaking some of that encrusted shit off of him/her. I love babies and I know how bad babies can smell when they are clean, that poor baby, I can't handle a dirty, filthy, nasty baby. It's just so easy to keep them clean.

-- Officials in hazmat suits decontaminated a Blackstone home memorial for three dead infants found inside grew on the sidewalk.

All of the facts in this case remain unclear, but what is known is that 31-year-old ErikaMurray was arrested Thursday in connection with the deplorable conditions of the St. Paul Street home and later arraigned on charges of fetal death concealment, witness intimidation, permitting substantial injury to a child and more. The bodies of three infants and skeletal remains of animals were found in the vermin-infested home, stacked with used diapers and other trash. One was discovered in a closet on Wednesday and the other two were found Thursday; a medical examiner is working to figure out if they were newborns or fetuses.

[/QUOTE]http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/26...-home-memorial-grows-for-3-dead-infants-found

Last edited by a moderator:
Her court-appointed lawyer, Keith Halpern, maintains that she was mentally ill and says she wouldn't have been able to live in those conditions if she wasn't.

Mentally ill, maybe, but not incompetant, there is a difference. If she was incompetant she wouldn't have been able to hide this crap for so long. 30 DUMPSTERS!!!! That is alot of hiding!

Gawd, absolutely heart-breaking. When this first posted I was angry, and disgusted. Now I'm just :bigtears:.

Just what the fuck!

Less than a week ago, Erika Murray walked cheerfully into a relative’s home, where everyone was anticipating the birth of a new child. As a family member recalled, Murray did not look like a devastated woman whose children had been taken away and whose dark secrets were about to become public, nor did she seem on the verge of being arrested in connection with neglected and dead children.

That day, this relative recalled, the 31-year-old graduate of Northbridge High School appeared as she normally did: a woman who wears baggy, but clean clothes, and speaks with devotion about her life as a mother. On that day, she looked around a bedroom that was being converted into a nursery, with its freshly painted white walls and newly installed gray carpeting, and raved about the bright room where a crib would soon be assembled, according to a relative who was present that day

[...]

Meanwhile, Murray hid from neighbors and relatives the fact that she also had a 3-year-old daughter and a 5-month-old baby girl, both of whom, investigators say they suspect, she profoundly ignored. Murray told investigators that she gave birth to the two younger children at home and that they have not seen doctors.

[...]

It was just one recent example of Murray’s apparent ability to hide horrific secrets.

[...]

Murray’s own parents, who live in Northbridge, only learned about the existence of the two younger children on Thursday night, as the public did. Those disclosures came with reports that their daughter’s house was infested with vermin, flies, and bugs and filled with piles of dirty diapers.

This relative said Murray’s parents and other family members were never invited inside the Blackstone house, so they never saw the conditions.

[...]

Murray told the man she lived with that she was baby-
sitting the two younger children and that they belonged to a woman named Michelle. She also created a Facebook page with Michelle’s name, as well as a photo of herself in a wig and glasses, as a way of proving that such a woman existed, according to a state investigator who has been briefed on the case.

[...]

A close high school friend, who also asked not to be named, said Murray faced a crisis when she became pregnant at age 18 and almost did not want to take part in her high school graduation ceremony because of her swelling size.

“She was afraid to walk on the stage while pregnant; she was embarrassed,” said the friend who graduated with her in the class of 2001.

[...]

Up until two weeks ago, Murray had kept up a facade that she enjoyed a pleasant domestic life in a home occupied only by a man identified by neighbors and friends as Ramon Rivera III and their two school-age children. The Globe’s efforts to reach Rivera Friday were unsuccessful.

[...]

But this radiant image of family life collapsed Aug. 28 when police came to her home, responding to a complaint of a child crying in the house. They found the home’s deplorable conditions, as well as a total of four children, all of whom were removed and placed in the state’s foster-care system. The two younger children also showed signs of severe neglect: The 3-year-old has poor muscle tone and does not walk; while the baby reacts as if she rarely has seen sunlight, according to the state investigator.

When questioned by authorities, Murray allegedly said she was the mother of the four children, but that she never told Rivera that he was the father of two additional children, according to the state investigator. She said she hid those pregnancies by wearing loose-fitting clothes.

After her children were taken away to foster care, Murray apparently moved in over the past two weeks with her parents in Northbridge, making up a story about the man she was living with being busted by the police for a marijuana business run from the home, according to the relative who saw her during the nursery visit. Murray also allegedly told her parents that the state had to temporarily take her two children, and she did not say anything about the two other younger children, said her relative.

[...]

Police say they believe they are all Murray’s biological children, though they have yet to scientifically confirm that.

Even when police went to Murray’s parents’ home on Thursday night, the relative said, the young mother who posted photos on Facebook of her older children’s new hair styles and clothes acted as if the law enforcement visit had nothing to do with her.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...double-life/0ob0AUIGHmMb4b3FsIbPLJ/story.html

That is insane, I hope they got those two younger kids in time..I don't know though a three year old that cant walk is probably going to have life long problems:(

Lawyer for Massachusetts woman: Hopeful tests show dead infants stillborn
[...]
lawyer for a Massachusetts woman arrested after the bodies of three infants were found in her home said Sunday that he's optimistic that forensic testing will show the babies weren't born alive, and therefore weren't harmed or killed by his client.
[...]
A medical examiner is determining whether the remains were newborns or fetuses, and how they died.
[...]
Murray's lawyer, Keith Halpern, told The Associated Press that he's hopeful the tests will show the dead infants were stillborn. He also expects DNA testing to show that Murray and her longtime boyfriend were the parents of the infants.

"I ... am eager to see whether the forensic testing confirms that in fact the children that are deceased ... were never born alive,"
[...]
Halper
[...]
in an earlier interview that Murray secretly gave birth to her two youngest children because she was scared, after her boyfriend told her he didn't want any more children after their first two. He told
[...]
Halpern told
[...]
that Murray was fearful during the five pregnancies, including the ones of her two youngest children and the dead infants. He said it's wasn't clear to him how much of the fear was attributable to the mental illness he believes Murray has and how much was due to real-life concerns.

"Try to imagine the kind of fear and sort of loss of control over your life that would lead a woman to give birth to a child alone on the floor of her bathroom. That's was she was going through,
[...]
but didn't elaborate on which child or children he was referring to. "This terror just controlled her. She couldn't figure out how to get out of the prison she created for herself.

"She is clearly mentally ill,
[...]
"because the lengths to which she went to try to hide these children ... no one in their right mind would have done this."

Halpern declined to discuss Murray's relationship with her boyfriend and whether she was scared because she believed he would harm her. He also declined to comment when asked what Murray told him about the three dead babies.
[...]
boyfriend hasn't been charged in connection with the dead infants or the conditions in the home, where he also lived.

The children first came to the attention of police two weeks ago when a 10-year-old boy who lived in the house went to a neighbor and asked, "How do you get a baby to stop crying?" said Tim Connolly, a spokesman for Worcester District Attorney Joseph Early Jr.

The neighbor went with the boy and found the crying baby covered in feces, but no adults around.
[...]
were called and notified the state Department of Children and Families, which removed the four children -- ages 13, 10, 3 and 6 months -- from the home. Murray was then charged with two counts of reckless endangerment, and the house was condemned.
[...]
interviews with the two older children, police got a search warrant and went back to the house. That's when they found the remains of three babies, one in a closet on Wednesday and two others on Thursday.

Community members planned a vigil for Sunday evening to show support for Murray's children.
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/sep/14/lawyer-massachusetts-woman-hopeful-tests-show-dead/

It's no longer a crime to get pregnant out of wedlock. What the hell. Why did she hide all these pregnancies?

It's no longer a crime to get pregnant out of wedlock. What the hell. Why did she hide all these pregnancies?
I'm guessing she was afraid he would leave. How about this for a cool trick...if you use protection you won't get pregnant!
OMG mind blown right? It's not fucking rocket science you stupid son of a motherfucking bitch. Get a vasectomy. Remove your ovaries. There are options goddamnit. So I'm guessing her baby daddy mentally I'll as well for living in that shit too? Fine then lock them the fuck up with the real mental folks and see how they care.
I'm so pissed coz I was gonna ask where the father of her kids was but now I see he was sitting in that shit too. Nasty motherfucker need to be shot. Along with his sperm depository.

Murray told the man she lived with that she was baby-
sitting the two younger children and that they belonged to a woman named Michelle. She also created a Facebook page with Michelle’s name, as well as a photo of herself in a wig and glasses, as a way of proving that such a woman existed, according to a state investigator who has been briefed on the case.
say what.

How did she pull this off for 3 years and how did no one catch on to it? A three year old that can't walk due to neglect.. Wtf!

Not that it makes ANY OF THIS OKAY!!! but clearly these were two very mentally ill individuals who found each other. I'm shocked that all of this went undetected for so long. I can understand neighbors, and to a lesser extent family who never went into the house, not knowing any of this. But either the boyfriend is beyond Forest Gump slow, drunk all the time, high all the time, or evil personified - because how do you hide 5 births from your partner who lives with you let alone having two "mysterious children in the house". I mean did he seriously believe they were babysitting these two kids full time from the day they were born? I cannot on any level get my head around this....

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. That's some crazy-ass shit right there.

At what point does the boyfriend say, "Hey honey, when is this "Michelle" going to pick up her kids....after THREE years???"

And FIVE births, that means they had sex at LEAST 5 times. Did he not notice that things were just kind of different?

Reading about this woman's life is really like reading about 2 different people- I think that is how she managed to hide the truth for so long. She basically was living 2 live- there's her fake/ public life & her real/ private life.

Her family & friends only saw the fake/public version- she attended family events, posted pictures of her "2 kids" on Facebook, everything looked pretty happy & normal. So, she didn't invite people into her house- that's not such a huge red flag. Maybe her friends & family just assumed the house was 'messy' & she was too embarrassed to let them see? I don't think anyone could've even suspected the horrible truth of 2 secret babies & 3 dead babies all existing in total filth & squalor?! People only saw what she let them see & she was apparently an expert at hiding those things (and babies!) that she didn't want people to see.

But then there was the real/private version of her life- a side of herself that was secretive & monstrous- she hid pregnancies, hid dead babies, hid live babies, she ignored her 2 youngest children to the point that they didn't develop & grow (the 3 yo has no muscle tone, can't walk & the infant reacted to sunlight like she had never been outside before) She had her 2 older children who attended school, had friends & seemed cared for & normal, but that's just because they were forced to live secret double lives right along with their mother-- and that makes me hugely concerned for their mental states.

The 10yo son & 13yo daughter may be the only people who knew the real version of their mother but they had to play along with the facade that she presented to the outside world of a normal, happy family. How does that affect a child mentally to have to keep 2 sides of your life separate & hidden (A friend of the 13yo who was interviewed talked about never being allowed inside the house, even in rain & snow, there was always an excuse to keep friends out). I wonder how much those older children knew & saw about their mom's pregnancies, home births, dead newborns. What did they know about the 2 younger children- did they even know those were their siblings? Imagine everyday having to leave the normalcy of school & friends to return back to the hell of their homelife- I don't know how they survived so long.

Imagine being a 10 or 13 year old kid, you've been left alone with sick babies in a disgusting house- you know that you need help-- but you also know that asking for help will expose your mother's secret. How many times did they almost ask for help but were overcome with fear & loyalty towards their so-called mother. What finally made the 10yo walk over to the neighbor & ask for help? It must've been so scary- But his act of bravery probably saved the life of at least 1 if not all 4 of those children.

I hope that the 4 surviving children will find REAL loving, supportive homes so they can begin to heal some of the physical & mental scars left behind by their 'momster'. I pray that each of the children will find peace, for the 4 here on earth, as well as the 3 little ones in heaven.<3

Last edited:
The pot plant was thriving though

MENUHomeWeatherNewsZip TripsVideoSubmit a TipBulger Trial

4742820_G.jpg

Police originally responded to the home on St. Paul Street on August 28 when a woman called 911 concerned for the well-being of the children. While there, police found marijuana growing in the basement, where 37-year-old Ramon Rivera was reportedly living. They filed charges against him. The details of the state of the house and children living there come from that report.

Blackstone Police Lieutenant Gregory Gilmore described the home as in a state of "filth and deterioration." Gilmore said a 5-month old baby and 3-year-old toddler were in the care of a 10-year-old child for more than six hours.

"The two younger children were in a deplorable physical state that included an unchanged diaper on the 5 month old and fecal matter covering large portions of the 3 year old," Gilmore wrote. The toddler had feces on both her face and shirt, according to the police report.

The younger children were in a separate section of the home, and left unattended until officers arrived. In a room across the hall, officers found dirty diapers and piles of trash. In the kitchen, dirty dishes were piled in the sink, while dirty clothes littered the floor.

Erika Murray, 31, the children's mother, admitted to police that all four children were hers, but said that she had not told anyone, including family members or her older children, that the two younger children were hers, because she wasn't planning on having the two younger children and could not afford to have them.

Last week, Murray was arraigned and held without bail on charges of fetal death concealment, witness intimidation, permitting substantial injury to a child and more. Rivera, her live-in boyfriend who lived in the basement of the home, has been summonsed to court related to the marijuana charges. Murray told police she hadn't been to the basement in five months.

Over the weekend, cleanup crews worked long hours to rid the house of its hazardous debris. On Sunday, the crew found the bodies of an additional dog and cat among the detritus. By Sunday afternoon, workers could be seen tossing bags of trash from a second floor window into a dumpster below.

.....the house would need 12 biohazard containers to remove everything from the house, but the number had climbed to close to 30.

"They're not just cleaning the place now, they're removing structurally out of there. we thought maybe a floor. Now you're talking about a ceiling and some walls," Keyes said.

The owner of the house, Kristina Rivera, believed to be the sister of Ramon Rivera, the boyfriend of Erika Murray, responsible for all of the cost for the clean up and decontamination, estimated as of Monday to cost $40,000.

"It was horrific. There's a lot of debris. Some rooms you couldn't go into due to the amount of debris; diapers and everything like that," said Bill Walsh, the town's board of health director. "It was pretty bad."
    4742690_G.jpg

4742748_G.jpg

Erika Murray, 31, the children's mother, admitted to police that all four children were hers, but said that she had not told anyone, including family members or her older children, that the two younger children were hers, because she wasn't planning on having the two younger children and could not afford to have them.
How the fuck does this work? I don't get how women hide pregnancies, but that's not where I'm stuck on this one, although we're talking about multiple pregnancies, anyhow, how the fuck do you explain away the 2 "extra" children in the house who NEVER go anywhere?

The boyfriend doesn't get curious? The older kids don't start asking things? Because I'm thinking my husband AND my kids would have a fuck-ton of questions about extra children showing up and never leaving, and not being taken care of.

Last edited:
she couldn't afford to have them but she had them. Does she not realize that an abortion and birth control are much cheaper than having a baby and keeping them alive in discomfort for years?

• [
    The neighbor who alerted police to feces-covered children living in squalor in ......
    "I went into one room first and I found the smallest baby. She was lying in the middle of the bed completely covered in feces, feces on the wall. I was walking over diapers to get to her. She was crying. And I went into the other room to check to see what was going on there. I found the older child. He was sitting on a mattress, completely sunk in with feces, completely covered, his hair, his clothes, everything, was rocking back and forth," the neighbor said.

"I was upset and I did go to her and I spoke to her. And I was upset, you know, crying, and I said to her, 'What are you doing? What are you doing?' And she kind of laughed it off and shrugged her shoulders and said, 'I don't know. I don't know.' (I asked), 'I want to know if you knew those babies were there. I want you to say it to me.' And she said, 'I knew they were there,'" the neighbor recalled.

The neighbor said she had been feeding Murray's 10-year-old child for six months.

Back