• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
BLACKSTONE (CBS) – The remains of three babies were found in a Blackstone home on Thursday. The home also was heavily infested with animals.

Blackstone police on scene at a Blackstone home. (WBZ)

Blackstone police and Massachusetts State Police detectives were at 23 St. Paul Street in Blackstone on Thursday.

Worcester District Attorney Joseph A. Early says “the house is in squalor” and has been condemned.

A Blackstone home is a potential crime scene, with investigators entering the property. (Ken MacLeod/WBZ)

The home was condemned two weeks ago. Children were removed at the time. The neighbors said they had never seen the two youngest.

St. Paul Street was blocked off by police on Thursday afternoon as the scene was much more active than it was earlier in the day.

Hazmat teams were seen entering the home at about 3:30 p.m., and District Attorney Joe Early was on scene as well.

“The Blackstone Police Department is working closely with District Attorney Early’s office, to investigate a crime scene,” Blackstone Police Chief Ross A. Atstupenas said.

“We will release more information to the public as soon as we can, but right now, I just want everyone in the community to know that there is no danger, and that they should not be alarmed by the increased police presence in town today.”

Department of Children and Families Director of Public Affairs Cayenne Isaksen said Thursday afternoon that the incident is a part of “an ongoing criminal investigation.”

“DCF has never had an open case with this family and learned about this situation through a 51A report. DCF referred the report to the local District Attorney’s office for further action and is working in collaboration with law enforcement to investigate the report.”

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/11/police-investigating-potential-crime-scene-in-blackstone/

[

Investigators were at the St. Paul Street home Wednesday night as well as the entire day Thursday. They did confirm that there was a vermin infestation at the scene and investigators have been equipped with special gear. During a news conference Thursday night, the DA said that three infants were found deceased in the home. ....,,

The DA noted that the home was in "deplorable condition" with rats, feces, and trash everywhere.

Neighbors say that there was a foul odor coming from the house, and a source told FOX 25 Thursday that human remains were found there. The remains were reportedly those of a fetus or infant, and the decomposition was so bad that the medical examiner had to be brought in. So far, the cause of death is unknown.

Community members in the neighborhood also said that this started two weeks ago, when police and a haz-mat crew first started looking into the house. On Aug. 28, the Department of Children and Families took a 13-year-old, 10-year-old, 3-year-old and 6-month-old into custody.

DCF released the following statement Thursday: "The children are currently in the custody of the Department of Children and Families. DCF has never had an open case with this family..,,,

4717519_G.jpg

4717523_G.jpg

/QUOTE]http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/26509174/police-investigating-vermin-infested-blackstone-home

Remains of 3 infants pulled from vermin infested Massachusetts home: cops
The home in Blackstone was condemned a week ago and four children were pulled alive last month from the feces filled home. Rats and trash filled the St. Paul Street home, which emanated a sickening smell, neighbors said.
dyss3n.jpg
2l9p6cw.jpg

29p2ow1.jpg
Investigators, some wearing hazmat suits, pulled the remains of three dead babies from a condemned, vermin infested Massachusetts home Thursday
[...]
The gruesome discovery came just weeks after four children between the ages of six months and 13 were pulled by the state from the disgusting home in Blackstone, a small town along the state’s southern border with Rhode Island
[...]
The home was reportedly filled with rats, trash and feces.

“The house is in squalor,” District Attorney Joseph Early told reporters, according to the Globe. “The house has been condemned.”

No arrests have been made and police are working to learn more about the remains found inside the crime scene
[...]
Neighbors said weird smells emanated from the ramshackle home, where they knew a couple, in their 40s, lived with at least two children, Marilynn and Bob Soucy
[...]
The investigation into the condemned home began Wednesday afternoon, witnesses said, and stretched into the evening before investigators in hazmat suits resumed the search
[...]
"It is a house full of mysteries," Bob Soucy told
[...]
"The lady would sit on the porch and the kids played in the yard. They looked like a nice family. Guess you don't know who your neighbors are."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...d-vermin-infested-home-cops-article-1.1937002

Ahhh....so, live children were removed 2 weeks ago. I hope to God that the baby had already passed away, and not dying and forgotten, because baby was so weak, it could not cry out for the rescuers.

Ahhh....so, live children were removed 2 weeks ago. I hope to God that the baby had already passed away, and not dying and forgotten, because baby was so weak, it could not cry out for the rescuers.
Frankly I hope they all died in childbirth. Not drowned, starved, strangled....

Just don't how you can let your house get this bad? I have laundry on the coach to fold and odds and ends here or there. The diapers go to the trash and we go tontine dump at least once a week.

4 live children (ages 6mos up to 13 yrs old) removed last month and now they have removed 3 dead babies. At least 7 children lived in that squalor, almost 1/2 didn't make it out alive! :(

I've reported this, but the people named in the thread title are just neighbors and not the ones responsible for the abuse, dead infants, or conditions of the home. And wtf this thread comes up with these peoples names when you Google it as if they are. Grr!

[...]
Officers on scene have found swarms of flies, bugs, vermin and 'piles of used diapers as much as a foot or two high.'

Early said four other children, aged six months, three years, 10 years and 13 years old, were removed from the house last month after a neighbor who discovered their living conditions notified police.

He said the 6-month-old was found covered with feces lying on a bed.
[...]
Children and Families said Thursday children who were living at the home are in state custody.

Early said it's too soon to know if charges will be filed in the infants' deaths, or against whom, because investigators don't even know who was living at the home when they died.

On Thursday night, an unnamed woman was arrested in connection to the appalling living conditions, but no for the children's deaths.
It was not immediately clear where the children's parents were.
[...]
Along with the boy, caseworkers also allegedly removed two infants, who were discovered in a closet and had no birth certificate.
[...]
While some neighbors said they never noticed anything amiss about the family living in the house on St Paul Road, others remarked upon the terrible stench coming from the residence.

Officers working at the crime scene Thursday were seen entering the premises in hazmat suits, gas masks and heavy-duty rubber boots; they later erected a decontamination tent that hid the house from view.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...babies-bodies-filthy-house.html#ixzz3D47TSLZm

A rat infestation I can understand to some extent. They are not good to have in your house, but they're smart enough to avoid traps if they've seen another rat dead in one, so they can be hard to get rid of.

Trash/feces, well, that's disgusting (although it doesn't say what kind of feces it was, so I'm hoping it was mostly rat poop), but sometimes people get depressed or injured or just plain overwhelmed.

Dead babies? Okay, you definitely lost me there.

On Thursday night, an unnamed woman was arrested in connection to the appalling living conditions, but no for the children's deaths.
So you mean to tell me that there is some other nasty bitch running around out there with loose morals about how babies should be treated. I bet they are related. No way shittiness like this isn't related.

So they popped out kid after kid, threw them to the rats to babysit, then continue breeding?!? I think it was dumb luck that any of those kids walked out of there.

The home also was heavily infested with animals.
I couldn't help it, I laughed at this statement. My home is also heavily infested with animals, but they are mostly the dog and cat variety and are all well taken care of...no feces. Unless that damn dog is busy while I'm at work, :rage:

[...]

Erika Murray, 31, has been arrested on charges of intimidating a witness and other charges in connection with the conditions of the home at 23 St. Paul St. She will be arraigned in Uxbridge District Court tomorrow.

District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr. says the home the is infested with vermin, and some areas are 1 1/2 to 2 feet high with garbage, dirty diapers, and feces. Investigators have to use special gear while inside and be decontaminated when they leave.

Early says they don't know the gender, manner or cause of deaths of the infants as the investigation is still in its early stages. He said investigators will be at the home through the night and for the next few days. The house is now condemned.

[...]

Four children; a 6-month-old, 3-year-old, 10-year-old and a 13-year-old were taken from the house two weeks ago after someone made a complaint to the Department of Children and Families.

"A neighbor was approached by one of the children in that house in regards to a child that was crying. It is safe to say that the child was in very rough shape. It was a 6 month old that was on a bed in bad condition," says Early.

[...]
http://www.abc6.com/story/26508629/...rime-scene-at-vermin-infested-blackstone-home

Not only the baby from the bed, but a previous article said 2 children were found in a closet. How about that???

WTF?

"Along with the boy, caseworkers also allegedly removed two infants, who were discovered in a closet and had no birth certificate."

Last edited:
Back