• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Havent released why its a homicide yet

w2nj2q.jpg
Jonathan Sturdy​
Missing Walthourville Toddler Found Dead
Jan 14 2012
Walthourville, Ga. --
It's every parent's worst nightmare. What started as a report of a missing child in Walthourville ended tragically when the toddler was found dead not far from his home.
Walthourville interim Police Chief, Tracy Mcfadden says two-year-old Jonathan Thomas Sturdy wandered away from his home on Busbee Road around 5 o'clock Saturday.
Members from the Walthourville Police Department, fire and rescue units, Hinesville Canine Unit and the Liberty County Sheriffs Office joined volunteers from the community to search for the young child.
Police say Sturdy was found around 8:30 pm about a quarter mile from his home- submerged in water in a canal.
He was taken to Liberty Regional Medical Center in Hinesville where he was pronounced dead shortly after 9 pm.
[...]
http://www2.wsav.com/news/2012/jan/14/missing-walthourville-toddler-found-dead-ar-3046624/

Walthourville toddler's death ruled homicide
Jan 26 2012
WALTHOURVILLE, GA (WTOC) -
The case of a toddler who went missing Jan. 14 and was later discovered dead has been declared a homicide.
The Liberty County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Keith Moran said that determination was made based on the autopsy results.
Jonathan Thomas Sturdy, 2, wandered away from his home on Busbee Road in Walthourville around 5:30 p.m. Jan. 14.
The Walthourville Police and Fire Departments, Liberty County sheriff deputies, neighbors, and even the town mayor searched for the boy.
Rescue crews found Jonathan at about 8:30 p.m. submerged in water in a drainage canal in a wooded area about a quarter mile away from his home.
[...]
http://www.wtoc.com/story/16609819/walthourville-toddlers-death-ruled-homicide

20ppy4h.jpg
Jonathan Thomas "Jon Jon" Sturdy
Jonathan Thomas "Jon Jon" Sturdy, 2, of Allenhurst passed away Saturday, Jan. 14, 2012, from a drowning incident near his home. He had been born in Bullhead City, Ariz., and was a resident of Liberty County.
Surviving are his father and mother, Thomas and Kayla Aubart Sturdy; brother, Brent Aubart of Allenhurst; paternal grandparents, Jesse Hosmun and Grace Sturdy; paternal great-grandmother, Helen Stevens, all of Arizona; maternal grandparents, Ron and Cindy Aubart of Nevada; maternal great-grandmother, Beverly Rinn of Wisconsin; uncle, Bryan Aubart; aunts, Amy, Nancy and Toby Aubart; and a host of other relatives and friends.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/co...=jonathan-thomas-sturdy-jon-jon&pid=155565525

[...]
"A blink of an eye and he'd be out the door running down some where checking something out, him and his dog. I'm really going to miss that," said his father Thomas Sturdy. He said he thought it had been an accident, because of Jonathan's adventurous nature.
But on Thursday, Liberty County Sheriff's investigators said autopsy results showed someone had killed him.
"I'm sick to my stomach to think somebody could do something to my little son," said Thomas Sturdy.
The revelation has shocked this small town of four thousand people.
"We'd like to see the crime solved, bring some closure. I do have little kids myself and again it's just a major tragedy for Walthourville," said Interim Walthourville Police Chief Tracy McFadden.
Now all the family has are memories of the toddler who brightened their lives.
"I could have a bad day at work and I'd come home and he'd just smile at you. His smile alone would just... everything was going to be all right," said Thomas Sturdy.
The father is now pleading for the public to help find his killer.
"I've been knocking on doors. My stepdaddy's been knocking on doors. Police have been doing their job. Somebody just had to see something," he said.
http://www2.wsav.com/news/2012/jan/26/death-walthourville-toddler-ruled-homicide-ar-3125059/

2s7drpd.jpg

Father shocked 2-year-old son was murdered

[...]
An autopsy revealed the boy did not drown...but that this is a homicide.
"I thought it was an accident. He was an adventurous kid," Sturdy's father said.
Liberty County Sheriff's investigators were back at the house on Thursday asking questions. Sturdy says his son's mother Kayla is too upset to speak.
"She is not doing well. She is not holding up. She just lost her baby boy. It's hard," Thomas Sturdy said.
The entire neighborhood in Walthourville is in shock. They are scared not knowing what happened to little Jonathan.
"I'm concerned because I have three little girls. And if somebody hurt the little boy, should I be aware or watch out? Should I not let my kids play outside?" neighbor Cybil Luster said.
So far, police don't have the answers to those questions. They say they have no suspects and they won't say how the boy died
[...]
http://www.wtoc.com/story/16612927/father-shocked-2-year-old-son-was-murdered
Still way to little out on this case
How did a 2yo get out and who tried to cover it up and stick him in a creek?
Had to be someone with access unless this baby was allowed to wander the neighborhood alone

Father Speaks Out: Toddler Found Murdered in Canal

It’s one of the most difficult things to hear: your 2-year-old son is found dead. But for father Thomas Sturdy, the heartbreaking news didn’t stop there. Thursday officials said it wasn’t an accident. Jonathan was murdered.

“I was scared. My little boy was out there by himself. Any father would be. I didn’t expect this to happen. I expected them to say maybe he got out. We expected him to come home,” Thomas Sturdy said.

Sturdy’s parents supported him as he recalled that horrible night his son’s body was discovered in a canal about a quarter of a mile away from his home. Sturdy said he was at a friend’s house when he heard the news and rushed home. Hours later, search and rescue crews found Jonathan’s body.

“I’m sick to my stomach that somebody could do something to my little son. They could have brought him home no questions asked,” Sturdy said.

Sturdy told The Coastal Source his son was a wanderer, so they thought it was an accident. When the Liberty County Sheriff officials said the autopsy ruled the case a homicide, he was shocked.

“I’ve been told it’s under investigation. I don’t know how it could have happened. I’m speechless now.”

Sheriff detectives aren’t saying if they have any suspects in mind or what about the autopsy proved the case a homicide. Sturdy says until he gets more answers, he’s taking it day by day.
[...]

OK. So I don't want to jump to conclusions besides haven read something like this too many times, BUT, that the father said Thomas was a "wanderer", well, just seems convenient.
I know I'm reading into that too much and I really need to know first how the father works into the picture. My feeling and statistically, those closest to Thomas had something to do w/ it--he was found only a quarter mile from home.
WHO did it and WHY the fuck, and IF a stranger why leave him so close to home and exposed?
Need more info.

What a cutie. 2yo. and now gone. Rest in peace little Thomas.
thomas.jpg

Last edited:
thats what I mean someone with access b/c a 2yo isnt out making the rounds with a shitload of people on his daily jog

Such a cutie. I'm curious about this:

Walthourville interim Police Chief, Tracy Mcfadden says two-year-old Jonathan Thomas Sturdy wandered away from his home on Busbee Road around 5 o'clock Saturday.

This is not the only time news reports mentioned him wandering off...he was 2, was nobody watching him? No family member ever said he may have been abducted or kidnapped - the family said he just 'wandered away' often, sometimes with his dog - he was TWO YEARS OLD. Did the dog come back? I saw no mention of that. Also the proximity of his home to where he was found is suspicious. So sad and sickening, I hope the media stays on this. Poor baby.

Thomas Sturdy is my Nephew, Jonathan my Great-Nephew. What Thomas was saying is that little Jon Jon is a very adventurous child and trys to wander off regularly. They have high locks on all their doors to prevent him from getting out when no one is looking. They believe their 5 yr old Son left one of the doors unlocked. The Mother was in the back of the house cleaning and my Nephew wasn't home, but at a friends at the time this happened. As far as the dog goes, it follows Jon Jon regularly but I didn't get the impression the dog was with him this time. Thomas has been in the Army for the past 3 yrs and has seen the horrors of Iraq and Afganistan more than once and was preparing to move to Texas or Arizona upon his release from the Army, with Honors, on 2/22/12, based on his Job Offers. He has been investigated and cleared and last my Daughter talked to Thomas (they grew up together) Kayla wasn't cleared as she hadn't been interviewed. He also said that the 5 yr Old, Brent and a neighbor's Boy were going in and out of the house, to the house next door which certainly caused an issue. If anyone sees any News Update clips I'd be interested in seeing them as Thomas' Biological Family do love and care what happens to them. He lived here in Coeur d'Alene, ID before the Military and our hearts are breaking for him. Please feel free to send me any messages at davlaa[MENTION=6775]Gma[/MENTION]il.com. Hope this clears some things up for you all.

Thomas Sturdy is my Nephew, Jonathan my Great-Nephew. What Thomas was saying is that little Jon Jon is a very adventurous child and trys to wander off regularly. They have high locks on all their doors to prevent him from getting out when no one is looking. They believe their 5 yr old Son left one of the doors unlocked. The Mother was in the back of the house cleaning and my Nephew wasn't home, but at a friends at the time this happened. As far as the dog goes, it follows Jon Jon regularly but I didn't get the impression the dog was with him this time. Thomas has been in the Army for the past 3 yrs and has seen the horrors of Iraq and Afganistan more than once and was preparing to move to Texas or Arizona upon his release from the Army, with Honors, on 2/22/12, based on his Job Offers. He has been investigated and cleared and last my Daughter talked to Thomas (they grew up together) Kayla wasn't cleared as she hadn't been interviewed. He also said that the 5 yr Old, Brent and a neighbor's Boy were going in and out of the house, to the house next door which certainly caused an issue. If anyone sees any News Update clips I'd be interested in seeing them as Thomas' Biological Family do love and care what happens to them. He lived here in Coeur d'Alene, ID before the Military and our hearts are breaking for him. Please feel free to send me any messages at davlaa[MENTION=6775]Gma[/MENTION]il.com. Hope this clears some things up for you all.

I just searched all my thingys and theres nothing since the day I posted
but Ill keep checking and post if I do find something

Thank you for your post, but I have a question...if the locks are high, how is the five year old able to reach them and be responsible for locking them as he goes in and out?

The mother's facebook, father's facebook. More cutie pics of baby Jonathan on mom's.

I hope this case is resolved soon. I don't know what else from the autopsy could tell us who might have done this. . .wonder if more information will be released.
How anyone could hurt such a sweet child is beyond me.
I'm sure he is missed deeply, big brother Brent is probably aching and crying, missing him so much. :(

Back