• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police in Arlington, Texas arrested a man and woman in connection with the death of a 2-year-old girl, and court documents indicate the toddler suffered abuse leading up to her death. According to police, the child’s mother left her with friends in August when she fell on rough times, and Aniyah Darnell died at the hospital on Saturday, Nov. 17.

According to court documents obtained by KTVT, Darnell suffered months of abuse, allegedly at the hands of Shamonica Page and Derick Roberson, who were arrested in this case — initially on outstanding warrants. The charges were upgraded after Darnell died.

Court documents indicate Page would strike Darnell with a belt on numerous occasions as a form of discipline/punishment. The documents state she was frustrated with the child for going to the bathroom in her clothes/pull ups, and she was trying to teach her a lesson. The documents claim the child suffered repeated abuse, and state the following: “Admitted that the victim had what appeared to be a severe burn on her buttocks, but tried home remedies to heal the injury, and would continue to discipline and punish the child by striking her in the injured area with a belt or her hand.”
https://fox6now.com/2018/11/18/stri...r-old-who-allegedly-suffered-months-of-abuse/
1542606380430.png

Last edited:
How fuckin' sad. 'Cause the momma probably trusted them. I mean I would hope so since she left her baby with them.

How fuckin' sad. 'Cause the momma probably trusted them. I mean I would hope so since she left her baby with them.
I'm too cynical. The mother dumped the baby.
They whipped her burn because they. enjoyed it then whipped her more because she cried with pain.
Baby looks biracial. Is it also a hate crime?

An autopsy on a 2-year-old girl that was originally scheduled for Sunday morning was pushed back until Monday.
Police responded to the Los Lomas Apartments on Timberlake Drive in East Arlington early Saturday morning to find Aniyah Darnell unresponsive. She was later pronounced dead at the hospital.

Her sudden death leaves many, including Aniyah’s grandfather Ronnie Ingram, with many questions. He says he hasn’t seen Aniyah or his daughter since August.

“"Why. Why, why wouldn't you just bring us the kids?” he said. "Out of all my grandkids, she was an angel! She was so very special; she was so loving. She always had a smile on her face."

"The people that my daughter chose to let, entrust my grandchildren to, we don't know them," said Ingram.

"We were not offered an opportunity to receive our grandkids. We would have stopped this tragedy from happening because we would have taken care of them,” said Ingram.

Ingram says he’s not heard from his daughter since he learned of Aniyah’s death.

"She was just an angel within herself and to hear the events that she had to go through. We're glad that God removed her from that kind of suffering."
http://www.fox4news.com/news/update-autopsy-on-2-year-old-girl-pushed-back-to-monday

Page was teaching the little girl "lessons." Repeatedly.

Cite
Post automatically merged:

Promoted to front page.

Last edited:
"Hard times" ... really. I call bullshit. We have so many resources in the US to not only help the child but to help mom as well. This is a story about what happens to babies when they become inconvenient to indiscriminate people. Yes, I'm judgy.

If you know so much then you would know there are limitations also in place. It also depends on the employee, some pple work harder and smarter or care more than others.

and I didn't mean to come off as an asshole, that's just the real deal. Yep there's plenty of help out there but there are hoops and limitations . A good employee might have to really think and research or even tweak the truth a little in order to get someone to qualify for help.

and I didn't mean to come off as an asshole, that's just the real deal. Yep there's plenty of help out there but there are hoops and limitations . A good employee might have to really think and research or even tweak the truth a little in order to get someone to qualify for help.
No, you're right. I was in a bad mood when I wrote that but it's hard when I'm working full time and am still broke after rent, and student loans and that. There are a lot of people who need help.

A mistrial was declared Thursday in the case of a man who was accused of failing to intervene in the physical abuse that a woman inflicted on a 2-year-old girl who died in 2018 at an Arlington hospital.
Aniyah Darnell died in November 2018 while she was in the care of Derick Roberson, 42, of Arlington, and Shamonica Jackson, 38, of Fort Worth, authorities have said.
The mistrial was declared after a Tarrant County jury in 297th District Court in Fort Worth could not agree on a verdict in the case of Roberson, who was charged with capital murder.

Prosecutors will be able to retry Roberson’s case. They are not seeking the death penalty for Roberson or Jackson

An Arlington man was sentenced on Friday to three years of probation for failing to intervene in physical abuse that a woman is accused of inflicting on a 2-year-old girl who died in 2018 at an Arlington hospital.
In an agreement reached with prosecutors, 43-year-old Derick Roberson pleaded guilty to injury to a child by omission in the case of 2-year-old Aniyah Darnell, who died in November 2018.

Roberson received deferred adjudication, which means the conviction won’t appear on his record if he successfully completes the terms of his probation.
“We are happy with this,” said Fort Worth attorney Michael Campbell Jr. on Friday, referring to the sentence. Campbell represented Roberson. “He gets a second chance at life.”

The sentencing came just weeks after a judge declared a mistrial in Roberson’s case.
Roberson and Jackson began caring for Aniyah in August 2018, but Jackson later told Arlington police she had grown frustrated with the child for going to the bathroom in her clothes. According to an affidavit obtained by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in 2018, Jackson hit the child with a belt and her hand to teach the girl “a lesson.”

Jackson told police the girl had a bad injury, described as a burn, on her rear, but she had not taken the girl to the hospital. Instead Jackson tried “home remedies” to treat the injury and continued to discipline the girl by hitting her, according to the affidavit.

The girl was found unresponsive at the Las Lomas Apartments at 816 Timberlake Drive in southeast Arlington. Police arrived at the apartment about 1:30 a.m. and found a group of people trying to leave in a car.

Aniyah died about 2:15 a.m. on Nov. 17, 2018, in the emergency room of Medical City Arlington, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office. A forensic pathologist determined the cause of her death was battered child with dehydration and the manner was homicide.

During the period in which they had custody of Aniyah, Roberson was aware that Jackson repeatedly struck the girl, and gave her a bath that caused severe burns to her buttocks and foot, prosecutors alleged.

Roberson failed to intervene in the physical abuse that Jackson inflicted on Aniyah, the state contended. After the belt beating, Roberson did not seek medical attention for the girl and did not perform CPR on her, prosecutors alleged.

Two other children at the home were put into the custody of Child Protective Services, police said.

Jackson had been caring for Aniyah for her biological mother, whom police didn’t identify.

Back