• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A man has been arrested by police for throwing his one-year-old son out of a five-story window in south-west China.

The infant was pronounced dead on scene by paramedics after a 20-metre fall from the flat in Dazhou, Sichuan on Friday night.

The child's 29-year-old father, surnamed Zhang, had been arguing with his mother over money before he flew into a rage and tossed the boy out of the window, according to Chinese reports.

Police said in a statement that the incident happened around midnight and Zhang, the victim's father, had been taken into custody amid investigations.

In a follow-up report published in Cover News on Monday, authorities said Zhang had admitted to throwing his son out the window.

The child's grandfather told Red Star News that the baby was celebrating his first birthday when the tragedy happened.

The boy's grandmother, surnamed Qin, told reporters that she and her husband raised the boy while their son and daughter-in-law worked. However, they never provided any financial support.

She said she had quarreled with her son over his earnings, accusing him of not providing for her grandson. Zhang worked as a driver for a ride-hailing app, the report said.

Qin said: 'The baby was crying in my arms and he (Zhang) said he would take him. I thought he was going to put him to bed.'

'But he took him and threw him out the window. I didn't have time to react and burst into tears,' she added.

Video footage shows the child's heart-broken grandparents cradling the baby's lifeless body as police officers arrived on scene.

Zhang allegedly attempted to jump out the window shortly after but was stopped by his parents.

They should have let him jump because if his parents think he will take care of them in their old age they are crazy.

Back