• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Indiana mother is behind bars after her daughter's death was ruled a homicide. The woman's boyfriend was also arrested after the little girl died Saturday due to severe injuries.

Hudson is now sitting in jail preparing to bury the child instead of celebrating the little girl's second birthday in a couple of weeks.

"I could’ve opened my eyes a little bit more and quit being so blind about everything," Hudson said. "I didn’t realize the person I brought into my child’s lives."

23-month-old Paisley Hudson had a fractured skull, internal bleeding and too many bruises to count, the coroner said.

"I didn’t realize the severity of it until I lost my daughter and that’s when things starting coming in place," Hudson said. "Maybe stuff was going on."

Both Hudson and her boyfriend, Ryan Ramirez, are behind bars in connection with Paisley's death.

They face preliminary charges of neglect of a dependent causing death. Hudson said Ramirez watched her kids Friday night while she was at work. She said he also put Paisley to bed once they were all home.

Hudson said she found Paisley dead the next morning.

"Don’t ignore things that you think are going on," Hudson said. "Don’t believe the words somebody tells you. I believe if that wasn’t the case, my daughter would still be here."

But some say it is hard to believe Hudson was unaware of the potential abuse.

"There were starting to be more signs, more bruises, more cuts, more marks," said Klarissa Manuel, who regularly babysat Paisley and her older brother.

"We thought were cigarette burns. Any time I would talk to Kayla about it, she always had an excuse like [Paisley] fell."

paisley970.jpg

Last edited:
Lying ass bitch and a lunatic. I can't decide who to hate more.

I kinda hate her more.

From people who I trust, I've listened to first hand accounts of what happens in U.S prisons to guys who commit crimes like this. She won't face anything close to that, which is a real shame. Believe me when I tell you - you'd rather do ten years in the mainline for dealing drugs, than 12 months for a violent crime against a child. People joke about prison rape, but even I feel some sense of pity when confronted with the grim reality of what actually awaits these guys. Many prisoners take their lives and most people would think that they do this out of despair for the situation they're in, or maybe remorse for the horrific crimes they committed. But no. They do it to escape the inevitable, inescapable torture that comes from more 'respected' criminals. Sure, go to your Ad-seg or P.C. Go live in a tiny box, alone, 23 hours a day. But remember the guards hate you too.

Death would be a mercy. They deserve to live with the horrible fate that they chose for themselves.

Last edited:
September 18, 2018

We are learning more about what happened in the months leading up to an Anderson toddler's murder. The child at the center of the case, Paisley Hudson, was found wandering around by herself at night just two months before her death.

Hudson's mom was living with her kids and boyfriend at the Red Roof Inn in Anderson. On night in May, staff at the restaurant found Hudson inside the business by herself. The restaurant is two parking lots away from the motel.

"It was about 9:30-ish when we were having our carpets cleaned up and the doors were wide open," said Ricky Rosas, manager at the restaurant. "I just come out and there was a kid right there, with two teddy bears and no shoes, just walking in the building."

Rosas said they all wanted to help Hudson.

"Everybody was shocked - the cooks, the servers," Rosas said. "Everyone wanted to watch her to make sure she was okay. I didn’t know what to do. First thing that came to my mind was call the cops."

Anderson police say an officer responded and did a thorough investigation. They say the child was covered in some lipstick but, according to police, she did not appear to have any visible injuries and there was “no evidence to support child neglect” at that time. So, Hudson was returned to her mom’s boyfriend, who police and Rosas say had been out looking for the child.

The Indiana Department of Child Services was not contacted that night about the incident.

Prior FOX59 investigations revealed Hudson's mother had previous contact with DCS due to concerns about her kid

Two months later, 23-month-old Hudson was dead. The mother's boyfriend, Ryan Ramirez, now faces charges for murder and reckless supervision by a childcare provider.

Anderson police say the determine whether to contact DCS based on whether an officer observes suspicious injuries on a child. A police department spokesperson said there were no such signs after Hudson was found alone at the restaurant.

The spokesperson also said officers cannot access the DCS database to see if there are any open agency investigations into a specific family.
https://fox59.com/2018/09/18/murder...-alone-at-restaurant-two-months-before-death/
promo361572355.jpg

@Satanica
A Madison County woman pleaded guilty this week to a neglect charge in the death of her 23-month-old daughter.

Paisley Hudson died in July 2018 while her mother, Kayla, was at work. Kayla's boyfriend, Ryan Ramirez, was watching both Paisley and Kayla's 3-year-old son at the time.

Ramirez told police he changed Paisley's diaper then placed her "face down" in her pack-n-play, but court documents show Paisley and her brother had bruising on their bodies.

The coroner says Paisley died from head and liver injuries.

"I don't know anything, but the bruise that she had on her face at autopsy - she did not have that when they dropped me off for work," Kayla told WTHR's Kevin Rader during a jailhouse interview after her initial arrest last year. "It makes me think, 'What was he doing to her when I wasn't there?'"

Kayla Hudson also pleaded guilty to a second neglect charge for the injuries to her son.

@Satanica
Kayla Hudson, 25, received a 40-year prison sentence Tuesday for the death of her 23-month-old daughter.

Paisley Hudson died last summer from head and liver injuries, according to the Madison County Coroner.

The second charge stems from injuries suffered by her son, 3-year-old Riley Hudson.

Ryan Ramirez is scheduled for trial later this year.

October 30, 2019

A Chesterfield mother who pleaded guilty to neglect of a dependent resulting in the death of her 23-month old daughter has lost an appeal of her 40-year sentence.

Kayla Hudson was convicted earlier this year of Level 1 felony neglect of a dependent causing death to her daughter, Paisley Hudson, as well as Level 3 felony neglect of a dependent resulting in serious bodily injury to her 3-year-old son. Paisley died in July 2018 from blunt force injuries to the head and deep lacerations in her liver.

Hudson’s boyfriend, Ryan Ramirez, was charged with Paisley’s murder and neglect of a dependent causing injury to the young boy. His case is currently pending and scheduled for trial in 2020.

Hudson appealed her sentence, contending the Madison Circuit Court abused its discretion when it sentenced her and that the sentence was inappropriate. The appellate court affirmed the trial court’s ruling in a decision, declining to find the trial court had abused its discretion when it refused to consider Hudson’s difficult childhood as a mitigating factor in her case.

The appellate court further rejected Hudson’s argument that the tender age of her daughter was an improper aggravator because the victim’s age was an element of her defense, noting Hudson’s challenge to the circumstance “rings hollow.”

“The trial court also noted that the abuse against P.H. had occurred over an extended period of time, that Hudson was aware of it, but she did nothing about the abuse,” Judge Rudolph Pyle III wrote for the appellate court.

Hudson admitted that she knew Ramirez had physically abused her children on multiple occasions, whose injuries were visibly apparent to hospital staff. Hudson had purchased cover-up cream and tea bags to conceal bruises and swelling on her young son the night before Paisley’s death. She also failed to immediately call for medical help upon finding Paisley unresponsive and cold to the touch the next morning.

On the issue of her sentence, the appellate court found nothing inappropriate about sentencing Hudson to an aggregate 40 years behind bars. It echoed the trial court’s observation that both children had “suffered tremendously[,]” openly and visibly, for an extended period of time in their short lives.

Last edited:
A Madison County jury has convicted Ryan Ramirez of both murder and neglect and will decide if he deserves life without parole for his crimes.

Ramirez, 30, was charged with murder in the death of Paisley Hudson, his girlfriend’s 23-month-old daughter, and causing serious injury to 3-year-old Riley Hudson on July 28, 2018.

Paisley died from a blow to her head and two lacerations to her liver that caused internal bleeding. Riley was taken into protective custody after showing signs of abuse and was later given up for adoption by his mother, Kayla Hudson.

During closing arguments, deputy prosecutor Samantha Green provided jurors with a timeline of events authorities had pieced together before Paisley’s death.

“Make no mistake, Ryan Ramirez is guilty of the murder of Paisley and serious injury to Riley,” Green said.

She told jurors they didn’t have to like Hudson, but they should believe her because the statements she made to police were consistent with the timeline and evidence in the case.
A Madison County jury Wednesday recommended life in prison without the possibility of parole for Ryan Ramirez, the man convicted this week in the murder of a toddler.

Jurors came to their conclusion quickly, one day after finding Ramirez guilty. The actual sentencing takes place March 24.

Ramirez was convicted on all counts in the death of his girlfriend's 23-month-old daughter and the neglect of her three-year-old son.

Little Paisley Hudson died during the summer of 2018 from a blow to the head, and liver injuries, according to the Madison County Coroner. The little boy suffered serious injuries, but survived.

Hudson told investigators that after her daughter had been "sleeping" for nearly seven hours, she became worried and went back to check on her. That's when she found the toddler face down and unresponsive. Paisley was pronounced dead at St. Vincent Anderson Hospital.

Meanwhile, the three-year-old son was taken to Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis when doctors at the Anderson hospital noted he was covered in bruises. According to court documents, doctors at Riley found the little boy to be malnourished with numerous cuts, bruises. fractures and cigarette burns on his ankles.

Investigators interviewed Ramirez's two children, ages eight and ten, and were told that their father often hit Paisley.

Last edited:
finally justice and good luck with how long his life will be in prison :) i just hope it is long enough for him to really physically suffer daily for some length of time. As for her I hope that they don't release here early enough for her to reproduce at the very least. That would be justice well served :)

Ryan Ramirez will spend the rest of his life in prison without the possibility or parole for the 2018 murder of a little girl and the neglect of a three-year-old boy.

A Madison County jury in Anderson recommended the sentence in February after finding Ramirez guilty, and a judge agreed to it this week during an unusual hearing.

Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Ramirez and is attorney did not appear in court, Instead, they took part in the sentencing over a video/audio hookup from the Madison County Jail.

Little Paisley Hudson was just one-month shy of her second birthday when she died. Paisley was the daughter of Ramirez's girlfriend.

Paisley died from a blow to the head, and liver injuries, according to the Madison County Coroner. The little boy suffered serious injuries, but survived.

26-year-old Kayla Hudson, the girlfriend and mother of the children, pleaded guilty to a pair of neglect charges last year and was sentenced to 40 years in prison.

Now You Can Rest In Peace Little Angel
1587032144155.png

Last edited:
Back