• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Kenosha police say they arrested 23-year-old Hunter Jones of Kenosha for his alleged involvement in the death of 2-year-old Matthew Bolinski in March.

Jones is now charged with first degree reckless homicide — the criminal complaint was filed on Wednesday.

According to the complaint, officers were called to a home on the evening of March 27 for a “report of a medical call.” Officers discovered the 2-year-old boy was deceased — and later learned the child had been in the care of Jones and his wife “who run an in-home unlicensed daycare.” Kenosha paramedics estimated when they saw the child, he “appeared to have been deceased for approximately one hour prior to their arrival.”

The complaint indicates the 2-year-old, who had just recently begun care with Jones and his wife, would normally be dropped off in the early afternoon and picked up by his mother early the next morning. Apparently when Bolinski was dropped off on Wednesday, March 27, he had a “little fit” at the door, which was apparently not unusual for the boy. Jones stated the boy “seemed a little crankier as he had not had his afternoon nap.” The complaint says Jones “laid him down for a nap in a pack n play” and covered him with a sheet. Jones told police as soon as he left the room, the 2-year-old “jumped out of the playpen.” When Jones entered the room, he said he saw Bolinski on the floor. He saw the child had a bump in the middle of his forehead, the complaint says, and then he put the child back in the playpen and covered the child’s lower half with the sheet once again. Jones stated “he left the room and heard nothing more” from the child.

Later, after his wife returned from getting food, Jones stated he went to the bedroom where Bolinski was. He told police the child “was still in the playpen laying face down” and that his “lips were smashed and his face was blue.” Jones stated he did not know the child was dead. The complaint indicates Jones made multiple statements — saying he believed the child had a heartbeat — but that the child was also not breathing. Jones and his wife apparently tried CPR before calling 911 for assistance.

The complaint indicates when Jones called 911, “he did not tell the 911 dispatcher that (the child) was dead.” When asked why, the complaint indicates Jones said “Because it would be my responsibility” and then immediately said “Well yeah, because he was in my custody so he is my responsibility.” In approximately nine hours of interview with police, the complaint says Jones “did not provide any explanation for the numerous bruises/injuries on (the child’s) face.”

The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner’s Office first listed the cause of death to the child as “undetermined.” However, the medical examiner stated the “likely cause of death is asphyxia” and agreed with the Kenosha County Medical Examiner’s Office that the manner of death is homicide.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020
A man charged with the death of a toddler who was in the care of his wife’s day-care business is expected to go to trial this summer.

Hunter Jones, 24, of Kenosha, is charged with first-degree reckless homicide for the March 27, 2019, death of 2-year-old Matthew Bolinski.

According to the criminal complaint, Bolinski’s mother dropped the toddler off with Jones’ wife at the home-based day-care business she shared with her husband.

Hours later, Jones called 911, at first saying the boy had had a tantrum and fallen out of a playpen, later telling the dispatcher the toddler was unresponsive.

When rescue workers arrived, they said the toddler was dead and had likely been dead for about an hour before the 911 call, according to the complaint.
Jones has been held in Kenosha County Jail on $500,000 bond since he was charged last July.

Last edited:
My grandson is around that age climbs out of his like a monkey on steroids.. He's never fallen.. Ever.. And a two year old can move about and would not intentionally asphyxiate themselves willingly.. I hope it doesn't turn out to be like the other one where they really cannot prove if parents or providers and everyone walks :(

1589879013292.png

"I still pretend like he's sleeping in the other room," said Katherine Bolinski. "Now, it's just like, an ongoing nightmare -- of waking up and there are moments where I just wish he could be with me still."

Inside Katherine Bolinski's apartment, the bedroom was filled with toys; a fire truck, toy trains, and dinosaurs. Next to that was the urn containing the ashes of her son, Matthew Bolinski.

"I was fortunate enough to be a stay-at-home mom. We were together every day. Went to the park, went swimming," said Bolinski.

On March 27, Bolinski, a single mother, said she dropped Matthew off at the home of Jones and his wife -- so she could go to work.

"That day I dropped him off, he threw a fit like no other fit, and I obviously regret having to do that now, because of the outcome, but that's my last memory of him alive," said Bolinski.

The next time Bolinski would see her little boy was at the coroner's office.

"His eyes went from a deep blue, to really, really light blue. Bruises all over his face. I lost it. I just couldn't hold it back," Bolinski said.

For months, Bolinski said she held back talking about her son, until prosecutors charged Jones.

Court filings said the boy's body had a number of injuries to his head and neck, which weren't there earlier in the day.

"I'm confused. I'm hurt. I'm angry," said Bolinski.

It's a day Bolinski wishes she could have back.

"That was my life. My son was my life. My life didn't start until I had my son, and now, I feel like I don't even know what's going on. How this is even happening, and how this is even my reality?" said Bolinski.

Last edited:
Hunter Jones wept in court and said he accepts responsibility for the death of 2½-year-old Matthew Bolinski.

“I did love him and cared for him and I think about him every day,” Jones said in court as Matthew’s parents and extended family — who Jones had asked for forgiveness — sat nearby. “I think you need to know that I miss Matthew too. He’s on my mind every day.”

Judge Bruce Schroeder said before sentencing Jones to 15 years in prison, “I don’t believe you, I don’t think you really accept responsibility at all.”

Schroeder read out a list of injuries found on Matthew’s body at his autopsy, including bruises and abrasions on his head, neck, arms and torso and 18 separate bruises on his face, three inside his mouth. The doctor who conducted the autopsy reported being unable to determine the exact cause of death, but reported the toddler was likely asphyxiated.

Kenosha County Deputy District Attorney Angelina Gabrielle said Jones’ demeanor on the 911 call was “chilling.” Instead of reporting that the baby was unconscious and not breathing, he told the dispatcher at length about Matthew’s “mental problems” and tantrums.

“Four minutes into the call, four minutes when he has a dead child in front of him, an unresponsive toddler in front of him, the dispatcher interrupts him and asks him if he needs an ambulance,” Gabrielle told Schroeder. Only then, she said, did Jones tell the dispatcher Matthew was not breathing.

Now he has 15 years to think of Matthew everyday.

Last edited:
Back