• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Kalamazoo County man is charged with murder in connection with the death of a Midland toddler.

Damian Garrett, 23, of Augusta, appeared in Midland County District Court for arraignment on charges of first-degree murder and first-degree child abuse.

The arraigning judge denied granting Garrett bond.

Police responded to a report of a child not breathing. They arrived to find emergency medical responders in the process of rendering CPR to an unresponsive girl.

The 21-month-old girl, Skylar Papple, was transported to Mid-Michigan Medical Center where staff pronounced her dead.

Garrett was in a dating relationship with the child’s mother, police have said.

Brooks said Skylar died due to drowning and also suffered some secondary head trauma. Garrett had been home alone with Skylar, giving her a bath, Brooks said.

At some point, he ran to neighbors’ homes seeking help, then flagged down a UPS driver, who called 911, Brooks said.
1569042667393.png

Here’s Damian Garret aka DOTM’s FB:
Fun facts, his nickname is “Lucky”, he loves drugs & posting pics of himself looking like the devil!

There’s also a pic of him & baby Skyla- I can’t figure out how to post pics on here anymore but it’s at the above link if someone else would like to.

Poor baby girl, prob splashed water outside the tub or something else a typical 2yo does & this psycho beats & drowns her.

@Momzilla Oy the facebook page! It is perfect, not a damn thing missing on that. Confederate flag, again and again, smoking something that appears to be G, and a display of an absolutely a useless fuck.
There will be a world someday, hopefully, where dicks like this die lonely virgins, cause no woman will do anything but scorn them and laugh at their patheticness. I've already launched this attitude in my world.
I sometimes ask to no one in particular "What is WRONG with men" I think I'll change that to "What the fuck is wrong with women, having neck tattooed jobless losers watch their children and suck at the teat of unearned comfort?"
As somewhat of a connoisseur of penises, I'd like to inform all women who are lonely and wanting free babysitting services, there is NO dick attached to a sketchy dude that is more important than your child. Even if the mofo sets the back of your head on fire giving it to you, just NO dick is that good.
I'll bet she wouldn't leave her ATM card with him.
I want to take every damn thing he cares about away from him. Especially his glasses. And those bullshit neck tattoos that scream "Do not ask me over to your parents for Thanksgiving, or count on me to do anything that interferes with my meth smoking"
I want to take everything away from him, all of it, including the magic penis, and laugh cruelly while I burn it all, and strangle him with his Confederate flag.
Seriously, the Confederate flag is ashamed of him.
I don't know why he in particular irritates me amongst all the other disarrayed murderous shitheads. Maybe the guise of looking like he reads something with those glasses. The salon haircut. My $39 glasses, and haircut from my neighbors 11 year old are outraged. He is deceptively put together, and he could possibly hoodwink one of my friends.
Vibrators for all my girlfriends, and a picture of Sam Elliot as well. I'll even dive in if it prevents any woman from speaking to this sort of assshat vileness ever again. Ugh.
Single moms, somebody fucked you once before. The kid is proof. Why are you afraid to be a without any old pond scum dude? It's not the bloody 7th grade cafeteria, where you HOPE the dude with the glass eye will sit next to you, so you don't look as unpopular as you are.

@Momzilla Oy the facebook page! It is perfect, not a damn thing missing on that. Confederate flag, again and again, smoking something that appears to be G, and a display of an absolutely a useless fuck.
There will be a world someday, hopefully, where dicks like this die lonely virgins, cause no woman will do anything but scorn them and laugh at their patheticness. I've already launched this attitude in my world.
I sometimes ask to no one in particular "What is WRONG with men" I think I'll change that to "What the fuck is wrong with women, having neck tattooed jobless losers watch their children and suck at the teat of unearned comfort?"
As somewhat of a connoisseur of penises, I'd like to inform all women who are lonely and wanting free babysitting services, there is NO dick attached to a sketchy dude that is more important than your child. Even if the mofo sets the back of your head on fire giving it to you, just NO dick is that good.
I want to take every damn thing he cares about away from him. Especially his glasses. And those bullshit neck tattoos that scream "Do not ask me over to your parents for Thanksgiving, or count on me to do anything that interferes with my meth smoking"
I want to take everything away from him, all of it, including the magic penis, and laugh cruelly while I burn it all, and strangle him with his Confederate flag.
I don't know why he in particular irritates me amongst all the other disarrayed murderous shitheads. Maybe the guise of looking like he reads something with those glasses. The salon haircut. My $39 glasses, and haircut from my neighbors 11 year old are outraged. He is deceptively put together, and he could possibly hoodwink one of my friends.
Vibrators for all my girlfriends, and a picture of Sam Elliot as well. I'll even dive in if it prevents any woman from speaking to this sort of assshat vileness ever again. Ugh.
Single moms, somebody fucked you once before. The kid is proof. Why are you afraid to be a without any old pond scum dude? It's not the bloody 7th grade cafeteria, where you HOPE the dude with the glass eye will sit next to you, so you don't look as unpopular as you are.
^^OMG YES ALL OF THIS!!^^

During subsequent interviews with Midland Police and Michigan State Police detectives on Sept. 18 and 19, the affidavit states Garrett made additional admissions regarding his role in Skylar's death, saying that while he was bathing Skylar, she got upset about her hair getting wet and began to scream.

"Garrett said that he then became frustrated and hit or pushed Skylar in the back, harder than he ever had before, causing her to fall forward and hit her head on the bath faucet," the affidavit reads.

"Per Garrett, Skylar then fell facedown into the water and was not moving."

Garrett would go on to admit he struck Skylar on the top of her head when she resisted him trying to wash her hair, the affidavit states. Garrett said he knocked Skylar down about four times, striking her head on the bath tub in the process, the affidavit continues.

Garrett said he then "freaked out" and was upset with himself, leaving Skylar facedown in 6 to 8 inches of water, and went into the living room and begin punching the floor, the affidavit states, and after about 5 to 6 minutes, he returned to the bathroom to find Skylar still facedown in the water, and removed her from the bathtub.

After an autopsy, Dr. Kanu Virani of the Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office made a preliminary determination that the cause of Skylar's death was drowning, with multiple head injuries as possible contributing factors. Virani determined the toddler's death to be a homicide.
According to the affidavit, Michaela Brewer -- a friend of Buchholz -- told detectives that the couple had stayed with her for about two weeks in early September, with Skylar staying with them for the last week. Brewer said she kicked them out of her apartment on Sept. 13 due to being upset with the way Skylar was being treated, punished, "hit and abused" while they stayed with her.

And mom is piece of shit.

Last edited:
Sam Elliott. Yes.

A six-day trial for a 24-year-old Augusta man charged in the drowning death of a 19-month-old girl has been rescheduled to begin on Aug. 3.

Damian Garrett is now scheduled to stand before Judge Stephen Carras and a jury between Aug. 3 and Aug. 10, facing charges of felony-murder and first degree child abuse stemming from the Sept. 17 death of Skylar Papple. Garrett was in a dating relationship with the toddler's mother at the time of the incident.

Midland County Central Dispatch responded to an emergency call for medical assistance on the afternoon of Sept. 1, according to an affidavit from Garrett's arraignment. During interviews with police detectives, the affidavit states Garrett made admissions regarding his role in Skylar's death, saying that while he was bathing Skylar, she got upset about her hair getting wet and began to scream. He became frustrated and hit or pushed her in the back, causing her to fall forward and hit her head on the bath faucet, and fell facedown into the water and stopped moving.

Garrett would go on to claim he struck Skylar on the top of her head when she resisted him trying to wash her hair, the affidavit states. Garrett said he knocked Skylar down about four times, striking her head on the bath tub in the process.

Last edited:
Why the fuck is a boyfriend bathing a child?

This always frustrates me that a mom thinks any random man can move into the home and become not only "Super Dick" but "Super Dad."

Already know mom's response I never saw him abuse her and he loved her like his own.

Dumb bitch you were not there so you do not know what he was doing to your child.

At age 24, a man is facing up to five decades in prison after admitting he killed his girlfriend’s toddler daughter in Midland.

Damian A. Garrett on Friday, July 10, appeared before Midland County Circuit Judge Stephen P. Carras and pleaded guilty to one count of second-degree murder, a life offense. Midland County Prosecutor J. Dee Brooks said he would dismiss charges of first-degree murder and first-degree child abuse as part of the plea deal.

The deal also includes a sentencing agreement that Garrett receive a prison term of 25 to 50 years, Brooks said.

In pleading, Garrett said that on the afternoon of Sept. 17, he had been alone with 21-month-old Skylar N. Pappel at the child’s mother’s apartment. He had been giving Skylar a bath, he said.

“She was fussy or resisting when he was trying to wash her hair,” Brooks told MLive. “He got angry and hit her, and she fell and hit her face on the faucet, then fell down face-first into the water.”

Garrett told the judge he left the bathroom, with Skylar still facedown in the water, for five or six minutes, “realizing there was high degree of likelihood she would drown if he left her that way,” Brooks said.

Last edited:
At age 24, a man is facing up to five decades in prison after admitting he killed his girlfriend’s toddler daughter in Midland.

Damian A. Garrett on Friday, July 10, appeared before Midland County Circuit Judge Stephen P. Carras and pleaded guilty to one count of second-degree murder, a life offense. Midland County Prosecutor J. Dee Brooks said he would dismiss charges of first-degree murder and first-degree child abuse as part of the plea deal.

The deal also includes a sentencing agreement that Garrett receive a prison term of 25 to 50 years, Brooks said.

In pleading, Garrett said that on the afternoon of Sept. 17, he had been alone with 21-month-old Skylar N. Pappel at the child’s mother’s apartment. He had been giving Skylar a bath, he said.

“She was fussy or resisting when he was trying to wash her hair,” Brooks told MLive. “He got angry and hit her, and she fell and hit her face on the faucet, then fell down face-first into the water.”

Garrett told the judge he left the bathroom, with Skylar still facedown in the water, for five or six minutes, “realizing there was high degree of likelihood she would drown if he left her that way,” Brooks said.
Please make it 50.

Damian A. Garrett is heading to prison for up to 50 years for killing his girlfriend’s daughter in Midland County.

Midland County Circuit Judge Stephen P. Carras on Friday, Sept. 4, sentenced 24-year-old Garrett to 25 to 50 years in prison. Carras gave Garrett credit for 352 days already served in the county jail.

Garrett in July pleaded guilty to one count of second-degree murder, a life offense, in connection with the death of 21-month-old Skylar N. Pappel. Midland County Prosecutor J. Dee Brooks dismissed charges of first-degree murder and first-degree child abuse as part of the plea deal.

Brooks said after the sentencing on Friday that both of Skylar’s parents were present at the sentencing. While neither gave victim impact statements, the mother had previously written a letter to the court, Brooks said.

“Garrett was somewhat emotional and kind of apologized,” Brooks said. “The judge was pretty stern with him. The judge made reference to a man shouldn’t beat children. These were pretty awful circumstances, obviously.

“It’s extremely sad and unfortunate,” Brooks continued. “The message is to be careful about who you leave your children with, and make sure they are experienced and have the ability to deal with children and not act out in anger that can have horrific consequences.”

When he pleaded, Garrett said that on the afternoon of Sept. 17, 2019, he had been alone with Skylar at the child’s mother’s apartment in Northwind Forest Apartments in Midland. He had been giving Skylar a bath, he said.

“She was fussy or resisting when he was trying to wash her hair,” Brooks previously told MLive. “He got angry and hit her, and she fell and hit her face on the faucet, then fell down face-first into the water.”

Garrett told the judge he left the bathroom, with Skylar still face down in the water, for five or six minutes, “realizing there was high degree of likelihood she would drown if he left her that way,” Brooks has said.

Forensic pathologist Dr. Kanu Virani performed an autopsy on Skylar’s remains on Sept. 18. He ruled her cause of death as drowning with multiple head injuries as “possible contributing factors, but not in themselves sufficient to cause her death.”

Another shiftless, wordless git assaults wee baby , he’s a “big man “ now! That Facebook, he sure likes to see himself, what real mother could see all of that and leave her precious treasure with that ?? “Hanging with the thugs” Spay & neuter clinic should be the first stop for them, no more fresh tiny victims for either of these vile critters. He must be so proud of himself , such a formidable opponent a child in a bathtub! He is as stupid as he looks, he beats her and then leaves her floating facedown in the water!

"Garrett said that he then became frustrated and hit or pushed Skylar in the back, harder than he ever had before, causing her to fall forward and hit her head on the bath faucet," the affidavit reads.

"Per Garrett, Skylar then fell facedown into the water and was not moving."

Garrett would go on to admit he struck Skylar on the top of her head when she resisted him trying to wash her hair, the affidavit states. Garrett said he knocked Skylar down about four times, striking her head on the bath tub in the process, the affidavit continues.

Garrett said he then "freaked out" and was upset with himself, leaving Skylar facedown in 6 to 8 inches of water, and went into the living room and begin punching the floor, the affidavit states, and after about 5 to 6 minutes, he returned to the bathroom to find Skylar still facedown in the water, and removed her from the bathtub.

What a retard. What's his mental age, 7?

Like any of that excuses what he did? I don't care if that baby had crapped into her hand and threw it in his face, you don't beat the child to death. Agree that "mom" is a piece of shit. She knew this idiot was abusing her baby, but no, her orgasms were more important. Hope that bitch hears this baby scream until it drives her bat shit crazy.

Yeah, I dont buy his BS. He was prob already pissed & aggressive & in a hurting baby kind of mood.
In my life, whenever I was giving a child a bath; whether younger siblings, nieces or nephews, friends' little ones or my own boys - kids love baths. They just splash and play. Even when sick, it distracts & soothes them. This dude needs someone to bang his head into the faucet a few hundred times before being submerged in some water ...

Back