• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Should the question of citzenship be allowed

• yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A battle is brewing over the 2020 US Census. Should every person be asked: what is your citizenship status?

Immigrants in New Jersey rallied outside of Passaic City Hall Monday. Almost a third of the population is undocumented in the city.

"There are thousands of people in this city alone, we count over 20,000 without documented status," said Gary Schaer, Passaic's council president and an assemblyman in the New Jersey state assembly.

If the 2020 census asks about citizenship, many here say they won’t take the survey.

"We are here today to say, we count!" said Rosa Lopez, a community organizer for Make the Road New Jersey.

Immigrant families want to be counted, but they fear Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

"A lot of our community members will not register, will not sign up for the census," said Elizabeth Chabla, another community organizer.

If the census undercounts the number of people in cities like Passaic, less federal money will flow to this community.

Alberta Jimenez, a mother of six, said she depends on federal funds to feed and educate her children. She relies on food stamps, early education programs and public schools.

"In the years living in this country, I have worked in different types of jobs. I have paid my fair share of taxes," she said through a translator.

The question of citizenship hasn’t been on the census survey since 1950. The Secretary of Commerce, who oversees the Census Bureau said the decision to add it back did not involve the White House.

Advocates for the citizenship question say it will make the census more accurate and it will help enforce the Voting Rights Act.

But three federal judges from New York, Maryland and California have ruled the federal government violated the law by adding the citizenship question.

Tuesday, the US Supreme Court will begin hearing oral arguments on the matter.

Ridiculous Trumpery! More hysterics brought on by fascist Trump since he was installed as Fearless Leader Premiere for Life of USA in 2016. It's not so much the question, it's the reason the question is being asked. Weed out the brown man for deportation, Trump style. Fascist bullshit to stir up race hatred among all the Trump devotees.

Well, now, not all interlopers are brown. Illegals come in all races and nationalities. Now, if they work and contribute through taxes and lead law abiding lives then no one cares. Many do, but there are those who are simply scamming the system and using their relative anonymity to commit crimes here. They need to be rooted out.

I think the way to do that is to stop letting people fly under the radar, but I'm sure those who do not want to answer the question on the Census just won't answer it. If they do, are non-citizen responses going to be tallied up? Will temporary workers be hired to help do this? It really doesn't seen very practical and I don't actually think it will make a difference in the long run.

Last edited:
@Satanica
If they are undocumented they are either working off the books or are using another persons identity.

If Alberta was truly paying any taxes she already has a six thousand dollar tax credit while using tax payer money to subsidize her lifestyle.

If she or any illegals want tax payer services they should have to be honest about their status.

Just for shits and giggles, I'm going to answer that question that I'm here illegally.
Because you know that no one here illegally is going to be honest about it.
Me too. I want to make up the difference.
Supreme Court is leaning towards supporting the President on this one.
It's a valid question. Just dont think they will obtain good data.

If people are afraid to answer the question truthfully, then the data will be meaningless. This whole thing is an exercise in futility. Typical of the current climate, because it will make stupid people feel good that "something is being done about those damn illegals", but ultimately pointless because no illegal will be willing to answer truthfully considering what is at stake.

They'll just lie or avoid the census entirely.There's a lot of stuff I think people need to be tested on beforehand.

Given the administrations rhettoric and miuch of the policy decisions in recent years regarding immigration, someone here illegally would have to be legit out of their fucking mind or retarded to answer honestly. Not sure why the administration is even pushing this given that fact. Perhaps theyre blissfully ignorant or they are hoping that honesty will prevail in future censuses after Trump is out of office, years down the line. It's all quite odd.

If people are afraid to answer the question truthfully, then the data will be meaningless. This whole thing is an exercise in futility. Typical of the current climate, because it will make stupid people feel good that "something is being done about those damn illegals", but ultimately pointless because no illegal will be willing to answer truthfully considering what is at stake.
And no politician has a realistic solution to illegal immigration, they are playing extremes, not reality.

I say no because it is yet another thing which seeks to divide the country into "citizens" and "everybody else". Legal residents, especially brown ones, already have a problem with being lumped in with illegals and this will just reinforce it for the many ignorant twats who already struggle to understand there are many different immigrant categories.

I like it better than Bernies idea of letting people in prison be able to vote... however I think it is pointless.... ... I do think people should have to show a valid ID to the people at the booth when they go to vote.

Yeah but this is the first administration where i would legit worry they would use census answers to hunt illegals down.
So you think it's good that illegal aliens stay in the USA? Most illegals come from near by countries where "brown" people live because they happen to be next door.. That's a geographical fact. Illegal immigration from any country is a problem. You continually complain about the utter trash that inhabit [insert nation/US state here] so how can I take you seriously? Your "everyone but me is trash" shtick has rendered your opinions useless.

Last edited:
I like it better than Bernies idea of letting people in prison be able to vote... however I think it is pointless.... ... I do think people should have to show a valid ID to the people at the booth when they go to vote.

This push to let convicts vote, either in or out of prison, makes me so fucking SICK.

So you think it's good that illegal aliens stay in the USA?

When did i say that and what relevance would such a sentiment have to do with what I said?

Most illegals come from near by countries where "brown" people live because they happen to be next door.. That's a geographical fact.

Uh, okay? Thanks for the completely pointless and unnecessary geography lesson, one no one in the fucking world needed.

Illegal immigration from any country is a problem.

How BIG of a problem and how to best address it is where the debate lies.

Your "everyone but me is trash" shtick has rendered your opinions useless.

Your inability to post anything of actual pertinence or value to a discussion has rendered yours quite useless. I seriously have no fucking clue why you responded at all with this nonsense. Nothing you said has any bearing whatsoever on the discussion at hand.

BTW, i dont give opinions when i post on this site. If i say something, it's 100% undeniable fact. Fix yourself.

Back