• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
http://www.fox25boston.com/news/maine-toddler-who-disappeared-in-2011-is-declared-dead/527949339
Cumberland County probate judge declared Ayla Reynolds dead on May 17 and appointed her mother, Portland resident Trista Reynolds, as the representative of her estate.

Ayla was 20 months old when she was reporting missing in December 2011. She was staying with her father, Justin DiPietro, in Waterville at the time. DiPietro told authorities that he tucked Ayla in the night before and the next morning she was gone.

I wonder what daddy or some of the scum at his house did with this poor baby girl. It's hard to believe that these hillbillies did such a good job she can't be found.

I just read the thread and was thinking that her "estate"is the money from the life insurance??

I just read the thread and was thinking that her "estate"is the money from the life insurance??

Possible, but usually when a parent takes out life insurance on an infant, they name themselves as beneficiary, which leaves the dead child's "estate" out of the matter.

I'm thinking the "estate" of the child might be a legal construct, of which I have no knowledge nor do I understand, just throwing out ideas and seeing if one sticks, so to speak.

I'm thinking the "estate" of the child might be a legal construct, of which I have no knowledge nor do I understand, just throwing out ideas and seeing if one sticks, so to speak.
Bingo! Even with children, you have an "estate". Basically, whoever is in charge of it is the one who can request death certifications, prove to various agencies the person is actually dead, and take care of any other legal business in the persons name.

She's dead. :| Getting really sick of this.

Doesn't anyone think that all most 14 hours pass Until he sees she is gone ??
I never.never had a child mine or anyone else's out of my sight even while asleep for 13 hours
Maybe a 16 teen year old
But under 13 never
They wake up got to go potty hungry etc
A sling on her arm (HUM )
I think u are right she's dead RIP

I wonder what daddy or some of the scum at his house did with this poor baby girl. It's hard to believe that these hillbillies did such a good job she can't be found.
I don't think disposing a body shouldn't be that hard especially for a tiny, I did think she was murdered/dead after the first week as that age she wouldn't have gone far by herself. I do think he killed her or knows who did and everything else. The estate part is creepy and makes you wonder. This case and others like it that are unsolved for years or longer is one damn good reason why I copy and paste the crap out of articles when I can. I am sure one would rather the facts than my sterling witt which always gets me in trouble and it catches all the details. I vaguely maybe might remember this but all old articles from links are gone but a couple

Last edited:
Mother sues in case of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...g-toddler-ayla-reynolds/ar-BBR5Gl5?li=BBnbfcL

Ayla's mother, Trista Reynolds, has blamed the father, Justin DiPietro, for the toddler's death. But the body has never been found, and no charges have been filed.

Reynolds and her attorney announced details of a lawsuit alleging that DiPietro caused Ayla's death. They hope depositions will help solve the case.

The mother of missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds is asking for more time to find the little girl’s father.

An attorney for Trista Reynolds told CBS 13 a request was filed in court for an additional 60 days to find Justin DiPietro.

Reynolds said she needs to actually locate DiPietro so a wrongful death lawsuit against him can move forward.

If DiPietro isn’t served with the summons, the whole case could be tossed out. Under the original court schedule, the deadline to serve DiPietro with the summons would be Sunday, 90 days after the complaint was filed.

“I am begging for the public to help me right now,” said Reynolds.

Ayla has been missing for more than seven years and was declared legally dead in 2017.

Ayla’s father, DiPietro, reported her missing from his mother’s Waterville home in December of 2011 where he and Ayla had been living.

He told police he believed she was kidnapped.

Maine State Police later said there was no evidence of a kidnapping.

They also said they found a large amount of Ayla’s blood in the basement of the DiPietro home, which someone tried to clean up with bleach and that they believed Ayla was dead.

Yeah we all knew she was dead the moment she was reported missing, this lawsuit will be the only punishment this piece of shit gets, I hope Trista is able to get an extension on the time and gets this asshole in court. Hopefully someone will slip up during testimony and say something. We can hope, anyway.

Ten years to the day that Justin DiPietro reported his daughter, Ayla Bell Reynolds, missing from their Waterville home, he will be interviewed as part of a civil lawsuit seeking to hold him accountable for her death.

It’s an indication that progress is ramping up in the case of Ayla a decade after her disappearance, which is giving her mother, Trista Reynolds, renewed hope.

“I’m actually hoping that this is the year my Christmas wish will come true,” Reynolds said this week.

Ten years ago this month, the 20-month-old blonde-haired, blue-eyed Ayla was in the care of her father, Justin DiPietro, at his mother’s house. He called police to report her missing on the morning of Dec. 17, 2011, launching the largest and costliest police investigation in Maine history.

Ayla has never been found and no one has been charged in the case. A judge in 2017 declared her dead, paving the way for Trista Reynolds to file a wrongful death lawsuit against DiPietro in December 2018 that contends he should be held accountable for Ayla’s death.

After delays in the case last year because of the coronavirus pandemic and other issues, Trista Reynolds’ lawyer, William H. Childs, this year received documents he was seeking from the state Attorney General’s Office, including evidence and documents from the Maine State Police investigation.

“We now have that; it has been provided to my forensic expert and my expert has rendered a report,” Childs, of Portland, said this week. “But the report and source documents are still subject to a confidentiality order with the court, so they can’t be disclosed to anyone as of yet.”

Childs said he anticipates a judge will allow for release of the report but first must hear from the AG’s office about whether it objects to that disclosure. There is no date set for a civil trial in the case, he said.

“Predicting when any civil trial will be heard by a jury during this pandemic is pure guesswork,” he said separately in an email.

Childs is reticent to reveal details about the case while it’s in court, but paperwork he filed in Cumberland County Superior Court reveals he was granted extensions in the case throughout the year. Those extensions were needed because of the large volume of information from the state police investigation and AG’s office. That office had to pore over the material and make redactions where appropriate.

The investigative materials include “thousands of pages and many photos and other recordings,” court documents say.

Childs also has deposed, or interviewed, several witnesses in the case, including DiPietro’s mother, Phoebe DiPietro, according to the court documents. She owns the home in which Ayla was staying when Justin DiPietro reported her missing, though she reportedly was not there the night before he called police. As part of the discovery process, Childs inspected the Violette Avenue house and is scheduled to depose Justin DiPietro on Friday, which will be 10 years to the day that DiPietro reported Ayla missing.

DiPietro, whose last known address was Winnetka, California, continues to deny he had anything to do with Ayla’s disappearance and has long maintained that someone must have abducted her from the house.

His lawyer, Michael J. Waxman of Portland, said Thursday that he had not yet received the forensic expert’s report that Childs was given but looks forward to reviewing it.

“I think it will provide comic enjoyment,” Waxman said. “There is no evidence which I’ve seen that supports any claim that my client had anything to do with her disappearance.”

Waxman said he will be present when Childs deposes DiPietro, virtually. He said he has been present at other depositions including that of DiPietro’s sister, Elisha DiPietro, who was at the Violette Avenue home when Ayla disappeared. Justin DiPietro’s then-girlfriend, Courtney Roberts, also was there.

Waxman said he has heard nothing at the depositions that makes a case for the wrongful death suit. After he has a chance to review the forensic expert’s report, he said, he’ll be able to ask the expert about his background, qualifications and education in the field, how he came to write the report, what his motivation was in being involved in the case, how he is being paid and what he did to prepare for writing the report.
continue reading at link

Newly obtained police evidence has led the mother of Ayla Reynolds to request an expansion of her wrongful death lawsuit against the missing child’s father and family, with the complaint now alleging that adults responsible for Ayla’s care just over a decade ago tried to “clean up” her blood inside a Waterville home and hid the girl’s body.

The lawyer for Trista Reynolds, mother of Ayla, filed the new documents Friday at Cumberland County Superior Court in Portland. William Childs writes that his client is requesting the complaint be amended now that they have reports and photographs from the Office of the Maine Attorney General and Maine State Police, which began investigating Ayla’s disappearance the morning of Dec. 17, 2011.

The amended complaint includes new counts against Justin DiPietro, Ayla’s father, and also names Elisha and Phoebe DiPietro, Justin DiPietro’s sister and mother, respectively.

Childs writes that his office had an expert review the police evidence and a resulting report includes evidence showing “the distribution of bloodstains of Ayla’s blood” throughout the Waterville home where she lived, and “evidence that a person or persons attempted to ‘clean up’ Ayla’s blood before investigating authorities arrived to document the scene.”

Attempts to reach Childs for additional comment Sunday and Monday were not successful.

If the amended complaint is approved by a judge, all three defendants would face civil counts of wrongful death, conscious pain and suffering, and wrongful interference with the body of a deceased person. Additionally, Phoebe DiPietro would face a count of premises liability, and Justin DiPietro would face a count of breach of parents’ duty of care to a minor child.

Maine State Police have not brought criminal charges in the case and say it remains open and active.

Michael J. Waxman, Justin DiPietro’s attorney, said Monday that he was “a little taken aback” by the amended complaint. Though he’s reviewed the complaint, he is waiting to receive the expert report that the amendment is based on.

“It’s hard for me to understand the new amended complaint without first reading the report,” Waxman said Monday. “I’m a little bit shocked that at this late juncture we’re now receiving these new allegations.”

Waxman anticipates objecting to these new findings.

“It’s hard for me to believe that these claims wouldn’t have been in their minds when they initially fined the complaint,” Waxman said.

Back