• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Should students be banned from graduation

• yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Parents and students at Wekiva High School say more than 100 seniors were told they can't take part in Saturday's graduation, and that it's all because of vandalism at the school last week.

Eight people were arrested after deputies say $20,000 worth of vandalism was done to the school in a senior prank.

A petition claims dozens of other students are being unnecessarily punished.

One student says his only role in the vandalism was being in an online chat group where some students discussed the plans.

"You know how much walking means to some people? You know how much walking means to me and my family?" graduating senior James Sully said.

The banned students will still get diplomas.

There were claims that a staff member signed off on the prank, and the students got a key to the school.

The district says they have found no evidence that's true.

The law says if you put yourself in the wrong place at the wrong place at the wrong time you are just as culpable as the person who committed the crime. Those kids knew that chat group was to discuss the senior prank. The senior prank has ALWAYS involved some type of vandalism. In my day it wasn’t punished or it was dealt with privately but I can tell you.. it wasn’t INSIDE the school it didn’t involve SOMEHOW coming up with a key & it sure the HELL wasnt a $20,000 dollar PRANK! Shiva rampage .. what the hell did they pull off?!
Post automatically merged:

@Sugar Cookie .. dumb kids!!

The suspects, including two juveniles, are charged with burglary, criminal mischief and trespassing on school grounds.

According to the arrest report, there was spray paint on walls throughout the school, toilet paper and bubble wrap placed on trees, glitter thrown around, eggs smashed on windows and a fire extinguisher that was used. School officials estimated the total cost of damages at $20,000.

One of the people arrested told deputies school officials were aware of the prank and were told "they were allowed to do their prank as long as there would be nothing permanent," the report states.

Students told News 6 many of the seniors who cannot walk at graduation were part of a senior group chat where they talked about the prank, including sending pictures of students buying supplies.

The school district would not say how many students are not allowed to walk at graduation, citing student privacy.

A school district spokesperson added they are "investigating the claims for adult involvement and have been provided no evidence to substantiate such a claim."

The principal told students if they do not walk at graduation a parent of someone on the student's contact list may pick up the diploma next week.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cl...-wekiva-hs-graduation-because-of-senior-prank

Last edited:
It's past time to put a stop to this mobbing type behavior. Not being a part of that is what should be meaningful to James Sully and his family; not getting away with just watching shit go down in what is perceived by everyone outside as approval. I wonder if he ever commented in that chat. Until James Sully and his parents come to understand the meaning of integrity, those proud times are going to be few and far between unless given a pass like they're requesting here.

At some point in time, society has lost the ability to teach children that actions have immutable consequences.

I would guess the big ticket item here is the spray paint in the halls and classrooms. Whoever did that needs some special attention.

I guess they should have though of the importance of "walking" across the graduation stage before doing $20k damage in school property vandalism.
They should spend their post graduation summer helping to clean and repair the damage, and be grateful they'll still get their diplomas on time.

Toilet papering trees, emptying the offices of furniture and filing cabinets, pennying doors shut, saran wrap over toilets.
Those are pranks.
Every one of the kids that was there while this garbage was going on sorry but you're in the wrong place at the wrong time and you are going to get painted with the same brush. Choose your activities wisely. Choose your Playmates and associations better. Frankly I would hold them all back a year. That would be a punishment that would make an impression.

Just cancel the graduation ceremony. It's stupid anyway.
Despite my scholarly stardom in high school, more likely as a result of those harsh endeavours, I refused to participate in the walk about ceremony. I sat in the audience and watched my few friends go through the paces. Afterward, I asked the principal for my diploma, who handed it to me with harsh words for my refusal to "participate'. Afterward I walked onto the Quad and screamed like a banshee that I was outa that hell hole. The principal said "why are you so ungrateful?" I was a nice polite girl then and only thought "fuck you!!!!".
Then we friends went to the "Top of the Mark" sky lounge - it's still a thing!! with a chaperone for an hour, sipped orange juice, and watched the city skyline.
Then we drove around San Francisco for an while, taking turns wearing a funny rubber mask..
Then we went to someone's house for the night. As the "most mature looking" member (biggest tits ), I managed to score ONE bottle of Cold Duck champagne from 7-11 for five girls. yeah... like the clerk was fooled.
1978 was an innocent time. Our parents were thrilled we passed the night so harmlessly. A couple of us had older brothers who said we were totally debauched by the experience.
Like I said, innocent times.....

Last edited:
Back