• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sister Iroz

Nun the worse for where
Bold Member!
LULING, Texas – Police here say a 2-year-old boy was apparently attacked and killed by a dog.

Shortly after noon on Thursday, 911 dispatchers received a call about a dog bite. When Luling PD officers arrived at the home in the 900 block of Hackberry, they found the child's body with a female pit bull dog next to him.

Investigators say the bite marks on the boy are consistent with being bitten by a dog. This was in the boy’s backyard, but police aren’t certain if this was the family’s dog. Family members told News 4 WOAI that they didn't know where the dog came from and it was not theirs.

Currently, police are interviewing family members to learn more – including the identity of the 911 caller.

The animal has been picked up and is now in the custody of Luling animal control officers.

An autopsy is planned to determine the exact cause of death.
http://www.woai.com/news/local/stor...led-by-dog/OOvI1_KE0ki6thn_RUMIgw.cspx?rss=68

OMG, why wasn't anyone watching this 2 yr. old did they let this child just be outside playing by himself. This could have been prevented I believe if someone was outside with him. Or am I wrong. Oh, this is terrible poor baby may he RIP.

I want to know why no other person has injuries???? I mean a two year old certainly shouldn't be alone and any human seeing a 2 year old being hurt by a dog would intervene and get hurt doing so, so where are the people protecting this child???????????????????????????????????????????? OH MISSING, THAT'S RIGHT, NO INJURIES EITHER-EVERYONE ELSE SAFE?, MAYBE THEY SHOULD BE ARRESTED FOR NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE!

Ok and again, i'll take my bashing just like i've said 4 other times this week

Pit bulls should be outlawed and the breed made extinct!! It's always the freaking pit bulls..............

Poor baby...........

Its cases like these that are making me afraid to own a dog.

I grew up with dogs, and now, knowing more about them, I would not own a dog with small kids. You just can't trust a dog 100%. Few things make me shudder more than those pics posted by proud parents online of their tiny infant nestled next to a large dog's huge mouth. One chomp and the baby's face is gone. Dogs aren't rational, they react with instinct. Baby starts crying, frightens dog, dog bites. Someone makes a sudden movement, dog is startled, dog bites. A well-trained dog would most likely be much more safe, but honestly how many people take the time to actually train their dog to obey commands instantly? No one I've ever met in real life.

Story-37.jpg
Police release new details in a tragic story out of Luling. Authorities tell us a pit bull mauled and killed 18-month-old Tyson Miller. On Monday, investigators released a 911 call from Tyson’s mother, Melissa Miller, seconds after she found her child.

The pregnant pit bull attacked Tyson in the backyard behind a mobile home his mother and her boyfriend have lived in for the past two weeks. Police said the boy’s mom and her boyfriend were asleep inside when somehow, the 18 month old walked outside, where the pit bull, on an 18 foot chain attacked him. After finding her son, lying motionless, with severe bite marks on his neck and head, Miller made this 911 call.

“We opened in front of him, he wasn’t inside, the door was open. He was outside with the dog. Nobody knows if he’s breathing, is he breathing, is he breathing,â€￾ a desperate Miller yelled as she talked to 911 dispatchers.

“They’re always hard to listen to,â€￾ Luling Police Chief John Cochran said as he listened to the 911 call for the first time. “Your child’s been attacked by an animal, so it’s very traumatic, very disheartening.â€￾

“I need you to calm down, so I can understand you, okay,â€￾ the 911 dispatcher pleaded.

“I might have a dead son, how am I supposed to calm down,â€￾ Miller screamed back.

Two weeks prior to the deadly attack, Tyson’s mother and her boyfriend agreed to watch the pregnant pit bull for a friend.

“The people at the house say the dog has never displayed any aggressive tendencies in the past,â€￾ Chief Cochran said.

“He’s dead,â€￾ Miller yelled into the phone.

“He’s not breathing,â€￾ the dispatcher asked?

“He’s dead,â€￾ she repeated. “I hate myself, I hate myself, I hate myself.â€￾

The mother woke up at 12:30 last Thursday afternoon. When police arrived, they said it was obvious the 18-month-old was dead for, “awhileâ€￾ but they won’t know exactly how long until Tyson’s autopsy results return.

The owner of the dog, a family friend, Amanda Ayala signed a voluntary euthanasia order for her pit bull. Police have not filed any formal charges yet.

The case will now go to the Caldwell County District Attorney. The D.A. tells CBS 42 News, the case will go before a grand jury as soon as possible.
http://www.keyetv.com/news/local/st...oddler-was-mauled/U-nXA1kWuUu4-LlBqDhuVA.cspx

Bitch, I hate you, too.

I guess when alot of people have kids they just don't realize that for the first few years you basically have to watch them like a hawk 24/7 or things like this tend to happen. You have to make sure there are latches on things like doors and cupboards, etc. so that kids don't get into things when your back is turned for a split second. You have to make sure that dogs aren't left alone around little kids, ever. Or cats even.

Danny's early childhood was no picnic either, and I am mightily glad that it's over. It was no fun to totally give up any semblance of a life of my own and be on duty 24/7, but at least my child has lived to adulthood.

Wow..that 911 call is heartbreaking!

My sister just found out she is pregnant and she had a pitbull. I feel bad for her..the dog got hit by a car and died, but I am kind of glad it will not be in the home with an infant. She used to babysit my daughter and I would tell her that the dog needed to be put up. It was not only the breed that made me nervous, but also because it was a puppy and I did not know its temperment.

Last edited:
The mother woke up at 12:30 last Thursday afternoon. When police arrived, they said it was obvious the 18-month-old was dead for, “awhile” but they won’t know exactly how long until Tyson’s autopsy results return.

dead for a while? That makes me fucking sick. And 18 months old with sleeping parents...in the middle of the day? Ugh....

Last edited:
So let me get this straight

*Mom and boyfriend are asleep until 12:30 in the afternoon
*Somehow the little 18 month old makes his way out into the yard
*They are watching a pregnant pitbull who isn't even a family pet, but as a favor to a friend

Oh, and she 'hates herself'

She's not alone

I'm pregnant and have two dogs. I am already taking steps to teach my dogs (who have never showed any aggression towards children) to behave differently and listen better. I'm also going to take steps to ensure that the child is not alone with my dogs nor that they can access my child without me there. It's not a difficult concept. If you use your brain about these things, you can greatly reduce the chances of a negative outcome.

Of course, it also helps if you don't let your toddler wander around unsupervised near strange dogs.

I'm impressed with the dog owner, she has taken responibility and signed to have the dog euthanized. We have seen where dog owners have refused and fought to keep the animal alive.

If I had a dog, and it did this to a baby, I'd probably shoot it myself.

The mother woke up at 12:30 last Thursday afternoon. When police arrived, they said it was obvious the 18-month-old was dead for, “awhileâ€￾ but they won’t know exactly how long until Tyson’s autopsy results return.
Baby is dead ultimately by the dog attack but firstly by neglect. These parents don't get a do over, so hate is what you will have to live with. You don't go to sleep and leave a baby unattended. Even if they all were napping and baby got up with out them noticing. ALL doors and exits should have been locked. And they didn't wake to hear the baby screaming? guess, the cries might have been brief and muffled. I don't want to think what the babies last moments were like, just kills me. My sons is the same age and I just can't imagine......

Baby Tyson, you were precious, no doubt. Rest now sweet one, with the angels.
Baby-Angel-1-1.jpg

Probably another one of those families that believes in letting the kids run wild in order to give them, the kids, private "kid" time. How many times have I heard, "Well kids should be allowed to be kids, and they can't do that if the parents are always watching them." These are the same kind of parents who's kids wind up getting raped in public bathrooms.

Last edited:
Probably another one of those families that believes in letting the kids run wild in order to give them, the kids, private "kid" time. How many times have I heard, "Well kids should be allowed to be kids, and they can't do that if the parents are always watching them." These are the same kid of parents who's kids wind up getting raped in public bathrooms.

Give me a break. That's a bit melodramtic. This is an article about a baby.

That poor baby, such a horrible way to die. Bless him, he was probably just trying to 'pet the doggy'.

And I agree with Silvahalo, if the parents were napping with the child, they should have made sure all the doors were locked first.

What would the temperature be in that area at this time of year? Just wondering if the doors were even shut, or if they were chocked open because of the heat. As the dog had "never displayed any aggressive tendencies in the past" then maybe the parents were complacent about it, and were also happy to let the baby wander in and out of the home unsupervised.

RIP little Tyson. x

Probably another one of those families that believes in letting the kids run wild in order to give them, the kids, private "kid" time. How many times have I heard, "Well kids should be allowed to be kids, and they can't do that if the parents are always watching them." These are the same kind of parents who's kids wind up getting raped in public bathrooms.

Really? Seriously? It's a 2 year old! And are you insinuating molestation is the parent's fault? This whole post you made is dumb.

This has got to be one of the most paranoid, unintelligent posts I've seen in a very long time. Good fucking gawd.

Accidents happen. You can be standing two feet from your damn kid, a ball rolls by, kid runs after ball and before you can even get one foot going in the same direction as the kid, he/she darts into traffic and is hit by a car.

I'm sure these folks DID NOT mean for their kid to get outside and killed by the dog. Everybody's napping, kid gets up somehow gets out the door and goes outside to play with the doggie. Tragic, tragic, accident.

And, yea, I take the occasional nap after lunch. So what?

Pit bulls should be outlawed and the breed made extinct!! It's always the freaking pit bulls..............

Poor baby...........

That you read about in the news!! Amazing. It's not because it makes good news or anything?!

Also Peeper we've all heard you all four times all week - we get it. I'm a little sick of hearing how you want to kill my dog.

Last edited:

Poor baby...........

Peeper, I disagree. This breed should not be made extinct. It is not up to man to destroy a species. Also, with proper breeding and handling these are wonderful pets, I grew up around them and never had any problems. The problems lies in the breeding and the handling.

Any pregnant dog, dog in heat, or male dog in the presence of either a pregnant or in heat female is a danger to children. Any situation where a child is unattended with a dog- whether they know one another or not, but especially if not- is a dangerous situation.

Reminds me of another headline yeeears ago. What was that little Nicky's last name in California? His mom left 12 year old Nicky in one garbage strewn room, and told him to stay, but "Typical Nicky didn't listen" and got into a room with a mating pair of dogs he was never allowed to be around and was mauled. His mom said it must have been "his time"

It's always important to spay and neuter our pets. Better no balls than blue balls... there's no need for them to develop the desire to mate and the subsequent frustration from notbeing able. THey'll be happier to stay home, better focused on their owner, less dominant, less likely to start marking (though never letting them get the habit started is your best bet) oh yeah and all those cancers and infections they can't get make them healthier also.

This has got to be one of the most paranoid, unintelligent posts I've seen in a very long time. Good fucking gawd.

Accidents happen. You can be standing two feet from your damn kid, a ball rolls by, kid runs after ball and before you can even get one foot going in the same direction as the kid, he/she darts into traffic and is hit by a car.

I'm sure these folks DID NOT mean for their kid to get outside and killed by the dog. Everybody's napping, kid gets up somehow gets out the door and goes outside to play with the doggie. Tragic, tragic, accident.

I know, I was in a mood that day. Shit builds up after reading so many of these and I let loose. I believe someone earlier gave the "where were the parents" line, and I kept goin". Interesting to see the reactions though. Between you, and Pixie, and thebooblady, I got a pretty serious lashing. Still Friends?

Yeah, these were some ignorant folks. Pregnant dogs are much more likely to be aggressive, and being chained is probably even more of an aggression factor than the pregnancy.

People, for the love of GOD... don't chain your dogs up. Either spring for a kennel, turn them out in a fenced yard or keep them inside. Chaining is simply not an option for any responsible dog owner.

ITA about the chaining... I read that it makes a dog more than twice as likely to be aggressive, with being in tact dogs being three times as likely to attack.

http://www.dogexpert.com/Dog Bite Statistics/Dogbitestatisticshome.html

I dated a dipshit when I was younger and also a dipshit, and he had in tact dogs. I broke up more dog fights during that time than I have ever since! Even working in doggy daycares and with rescues. Most of my experience breaking up pit bulls fighting were from that time... anyway, one of my mixes was his dog at the time (and he'd swear up and down she was pure... dipshit) was pregnant very young. She is still rather meek, but was painfully shy then... she was also a young mother (I have one of her pups too, the only one I know is still doing well) I'd never heard her growl until the day those pups were born. She showed all of her teeth to my top dog and menaced her away. Another time with the litter, she menaced a neighbor (drunk) until he put her puppy down, though she was fine with everyone else around the puppies by that point. I've never seen her be fierce before or really very much since, though she'll protect what's mine. :proud2: Point being even a pussy dog like my Mama Bear can get shitty around her litter and when hormones are going wild.

CIMG1173.jpg

The family is full of shit, it was thier dog and they know it, fucken bastards, can't wait to hear more about this story.
Thanks Special

Do tell!

How come they are denying ownership? Wouldn't someone come forward and say hey that's their dog! (just wondering)

Poor baby...........

My best pets have always been pits.

Alexmakesmesses.jpg

Regardless of breed. Here are some examples of other dog bites

March 2009

Trooper attacked by Police dog
no breed identified
Unknown dog
Police dog bites boy, dogs second mistake
Chow mix shot by officer
Great dane bites toddler in face
German Shepherd lab mix
Two bull mastiffs
Mutt
Police German Shepherd
Lab
Cocker Spaniel
Maltese
Boxer Mix
Beagle shot and killed by police because it was dangerous
Yellow Labrador
Dachshund attacks
Driver stops attack by pack of Boerbols
German Shepherd
Two African Boerbols
Unknown dog
Greyhound bites face off owner
Chow mix family dog kills 2 wk old infant
St Bernard Mastiff mix
Unknown
No breed
Black German Shepherd

February 2009

No breed mentioned
Mongerl
Chow / St. Bernard mix
Husky Type
American Bulldog
Neo Mastiff
German Shepherd mix
Breed not mentioned
American Bulldog bites another child
German Shepherd Husky Mix
American Bulldog
Chow shepherd mix
Dalmation
Black Lab
Woman attacked by 4 German Shepherd / Lab mixes
German Shepherd
Labrador
2 Alsatians
Long haired large dog
American Bulldog
Chow / Akita mix attacks child
Chihuahua loose that bit a child
January 2009

Wolf Hybrid / Husky
Border Collie
Two packs of dogs attack different people
Bull Mastiff
Malamute
Mixed breed
Toy sized dog
American Bull Dog
Police Canine Belgian Malinois bits child
Unknown
Akita
Woman bit stopping Alsatian from attacking her Staffie bulls
Pack of dogs maul child, all mixed breeds
Mixed breed kills child
No breed indicated
No Breed
Bull Mastiff
Child killed by Siberian Husky
Mixed breed
Black Lab sized dog
Boxer
Akita
No breed mentioned
No breed mentioned
Mastiff crossbreed - initial reports misidentified them as pit bulls

Of course they didn't mean for him to get mauled to death by a dog. And a nap in the afternoon...maybe a very short nap WHILE the 18 month old naps. Not a nap so long that the baby lays dead in the yard for a while. I don't and have never owned a pitt. I have a rotty which is a pretty big dog that people have said negative things about. I honestly don't think its the breed. I think its how the animal is raised. And hell, even dogs raised to fight can be retrained. I watched Dogtown a couple of weeks ago and all of Michael Vicks pitt's were there. They were all pretty mean at first but after several month's at Dogtown, they were all rehabilitated. No matter how sweet a dog, even an ankle biter could turn. Small children just need supervision. Bottom line. :crazy:

I was watching a CSI episode I recorded and at the end there is a piece on the news, as it came on right after the show and the 911 call was aired and a picture of baby Tyson. I'm still looking for his picture, no luck yet. This was in Luling, Texas so very local to me. I did find a video of the mother describing what happened. I've go to tell you she's not what I imagined.

thumb_1238555853140_0p4173258681595435.jpg

Melissa Miller
For the first time, the mother of 18-month-old Tyson Miller speaks out about the pit bull attack that killed her son. The heartbreaking incident happened in Luling last Thursday.

Only four days after she lost her son, 24-year-old Melissa Miller talked with us because she wanted viewers to hear her story, not from the 911 tapes, not from Luling police, but from her. Miller hopes it will help prevent a tragedy like this from happening to any other family.

“He was my everything,â€￾ Miller told CBS Reporter Katherine Stolp about Tyson. “He was my reason for breathing; he was why I got up in the morning.â€￾

Holding onto Tyson's blanket, surrounded by flowers from the 18-month-old's funeral, Miller told us what happened last Thursday, when her youngest son died.

“I've told this story several times and it still doesn't get any easier,â€￾ she said as she wiped away her tears.
[...]
“Something I usually do, that I didn't do that morning, was lock the deadbolt after she leaves,â€￾ Miller said.

Exhausted after what she calls an irregular work schedule, Miller said she went back to sleep and woke up around 12:30 that afternoon to find Tyson gone.

“I was just screaming his name, Tyson, Tyson, Tyson,â€￾ Miller told us as she started to cry.

Miller lived at 963 N. Hackberry in Luling with three other friends. One of those friends walked around to the backyard where he found her baby.

“When he came back around, the look on his face told me my baby was over there, and something bad happened and he looked at me and said you need to call an ambulance,â€￾ she remembered.

A desperate Miller said her friends could only keep her away from Tyson's body for a few minutes.

“I saw my baby on the ground and that's when I started screaming because I knew he was dead,â€￾ she said
[...]

Miller said she's been guilt ridden the last four days asking herself, what if she'd locked the door, what if she'd introduced her children to the pit bull? But in the end, she told us it was just a terrible, tragic accident.

“I don't really know what people could do to prevent any tragedy from happening to their child,â€￾ she sobbed. “The only thing I can say is enjoy your baby while you have him, because you never know when you will touch him again.â€￾

No doubt this mother is heart broken, just devastated. My heart goes out to her. I guess what I was picturing was a mother who was being lazy, sleeping all day not for care of her baby. What happened makes more sense from what I read. The biggest mistake EVER was not having that door locked by dead bolt as she usually did. No assurances I know, but it seemed to keep him safe before. I know she will never forgive herself for forgetting that. I suppose this is just me, but I wouldn't have ever agreed to care for the pregnant dog having a baby around. Having her chained and pregnant just made her more aggressive. I just couldn't take the chance.

My sympathies to family and friends as I know their life with out baby Tyson will never be the same. So sorry baby Tyson that your life ended this way. Kisses little one.

MotherOfPitBullTellsWhatHappens

Video is at this link but I couldn't get it to play.

Back