• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

WannaBeMaybe

Trusted Member
http://www.wdrb.com/story/31754385/...ead-in-a-car-near-gutermuth-elementary-school

A 3-year-old child was found dead in a car Monday outside Gutermuth Elementary School in the Cloverleaf neighborhood.

Officials were called out to the 1500 block of Sanders Lane around 4 p.m., just southeast of the Dixie Highway-Watterson Expressway interchange.

MetroSafe dispatchers say they were initially called to the scene on a 3-year-old found unresponsive.

LMPD spokesperson Dwight Mitchell says officers responded on reports the child was in cardiac arrest.

JCPS says a van pulled into the carpool line, where attendants noticed there was an unresponsive child in the back of the van.

School staff immediately called 911 and began administering aid to the child.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/31764721/...ad-monday-outside-gutermuth-elementary-school

Heartbreak and questions surround the death of a Louisville toddler found in a van during afterschool pick-up.

The coroner said LaVontae Xavier Swain, 2, died Monday from the heat.

LMPD officers were called to the scene just southeast of the Dixie Highway-Watterson Expressway interchange on reports of a child in cardiac arrest.

A JCPS spokesperson said carpool attendants noticed the unresponsive child Monday at Gutermuth Elementary in the back of a van going through the carpool line.

Staff and a school nurse immediately called 911.

Fucking adults sometimes. <3

I see God smirking at the tears of these parents...what are you crying for, you left him in a hot car...its not like you cared or wanted them around.

Fucking adults sometimes. <3

I see God smirking at the tears of these parents...what are you crying for, you left him in a hot car...its not like you cared or wanted them around.

I think the story says he was with the daycare team when he was left in the van.

In an emailed statement, Smiley confirmed that, ”An employee of Lil' Kings and Queens Daycare was operating the van.”
- from the second story posted.

DAY CARE WORKER LEFT HIM.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/31764721/...ad-monday-outside-gutermuth-elementary-school

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Heartbreak and questions surround the death of a Louisville toddler found in a van during afterschool pick-up.

[...]

LMPD officers were called to the scene just southeast of the Dixie Highway-Watterson Expressway interchange on reports of a child in cardiac arrest.

“He was my only child,” sobbed Carless Swain, barley able to put together words through her grief. “I called him Vontae. I called him Daddy and King.”

LaVontae was in the van about “three to four hours,” according to Louisville Metro Police spokeswoman Alicia Smiley.

Swain did not actually have custody of her little boy. The 19-year-old mother said they'd been in Kentucky’s foster system together, and her foster mother was still caring for her son.

In an emailed statement, Smiley confirmed that, ”An employee of Lil' Kings and Queens Daycare was operating the van.”

[...]

Staff and a school nurse immediately called 911.

Swain said the daycare is run by her aunt. Investigators from the state Inspector General's office visited the daycare Tuesday.

WDRB obtained records showing the state's investigated the side-by-side facilities on Terry Road seven times since 2012. Last year, inspectors discovered some children listed as being on a van for "hours at a time," others signed on and off the van within a minute.

[...]

“I just want the truth and nothing but the truth,” Swain said.

Police say the investigation is ongoing.

And yet this place is still open after numerous investigations.

And Wtf, editor? She BARLEY got words out? What?

And yet this place is still open after numerous investigations.

And Wtf, editor? She BARLEY got words out? What?
Not to mention that multiple violations happened surrounding the signing in/out of the transportation and the presence of some kids who were never reported as picked up!

Those issues tell me that this was 100% preventable.

He was found unresponsive during the after school pick up? Another article (which has since been updated) says that elementary school aged children found him on the floor when they boarded the van/bus after the school day was over and alerted the driver. The driver admits she "forgot" him. :(

Ugh. I don't want to picture him out of a car seat and trying to alert people that he was there. And wanted out. Nope. I can't.

Last edited:
Back