• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Three people are facing felony charges after two toddlers were found living in disgusting conditions and physically abused.

The kids parents, Christopher and Megan Logan, are charged with child abuse by injury, child neglect and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia. Christopher's father, Ricky Logan, who lived with the family, is charged with enabling child neglect, enabling child abuse and failure to report child abuse.

Police were first called to the family's home after a concerned citizen spotted the two kids, a 3-year-old and a 2-year-old, filthy and playing outside unsupervised. According to an affidavit, when officers knocked on the door, Christopher was the only one home and "appeared to have awoken as a result of [police] knocking."

Inside, officers discovered the living room was full of "filth, trash and a mattress with animal feces on top of it" as well as roaches found all over the home.

The affidavit states, after she arrived to the home, officers asked Megan when the last time was that she smoked methamphetamine. She said she smoked two days before but didn't smoke in the house and she kept "her stuff in the kid's play room out of reach from the kids."

Christopher also told police he smoked marijuana but not in the home and also kept his pipe and grinder "in the playroom."

"We do see that sometimes," Tyner said. "Parents will keep it where the kids play, they don’t think the police will look there but that is a particularly sad portion of the case, that’s for sure."

The kids were taken to a hospital for a check-up by the DHS worker. She later told investigators it was discovered there was "a cigarette burn on the 3-year-old's left shoulder, bruising on the 2-year-old's left butt cheek which appeared to have some sort of pattern," the youngest also had lice and there was "dirt and filth throughout both children's bodies."

According to police, Ricky told officers "the kids are usually naked in the house for potty training." He also allegedly said "I didn't have any idea there were drugs being used in the house, and I didn't know about the condition of the house. My room was that first bedroom right by the front-door that Christopher was sleeping in. I stay in my room, and I work a lot. I just don't know what's going on in the house."

Grandpa could not give a shit about his grand kids. I would be interested to know the conditions of his room.

It makes sense that the parents would hide their drugs where they think the police would not look for them (in a child's belongings).

Sometimes there is still stupidity and depravity that I would not even think another human being would do to another person.

@Satanica

She is smiling because she can do her drugs in peace and not be bothered by her children.

@Fives My Charm

The officer stated that parents will hide the drugs in the child's space thinking that it won't be searched.

I never thought someone would do that but junkies are selfish and do not think of their children's safety
@Sugar Cookie I was whole heartily being sarcastic.. I once battled demons I worked full time attended college full time and battled but my kids went to my parents on days I disappeared and my house was clean.. no one but my parents and my partner knew.. the shit was NEVER in my house.. I was dead inside but I still loved my kids just not myself.. not all addicts are like the ones we read about

Back